Star Wars: Andor

MarkB

Legend
It needed to be successful, in order to give the ISB a reason to pursue Andor. Otherwise, there would be nothing to connect those plot threads together.
The funny thing about the zealous ISB officer is that she was drawing false conclusions in the first place. The item Cassian stole was a red herring, only connected to the rebellion retrospectively. Probably explains why it was taking her so long to find a pattern.

pukunui

Legend
The meteor shower was beautifully done.

Mon Mothma certainly has a lippy teenage daughter.

I thought it was a bit sad that all the POC on the rebel team were either killed or left behind.

Karn seems to be spinning his wheels but, that said, I appreciated the juxtaposition of his suburban banality with the life-and-death stakes of the heist rebels.

Clearly Karn hasn’t stopped thinking about Cassian, despite having lost his job. I wonder if he’ll end up working for the ISB.

Celebrim

Legend
It needed to be successful, in order to give the ISB a reason to pursue Andor. Otherwise, there would be nothing to connect those plot threads together.

I'm expecting the Empire to find the stolen corporate blaster on the planet, and that this will start joining the threads together and lead the Empire to think that Andor is one of the leaders of the rebellion.

Celebrim

Legend
Then there's also the possibility that Andor will return home to pay off his debts, and run into ISB instead of the corporate goons.

Yeah, it feels rather short sighted of Andor to make two somewhat contradictory decisions:

1) Follow his professional ethics and kill the traitor so that he can complete the job he was paid for.
2) Burn bridges with his employer and go on the run using his own limited resources.

I guess Andor is still thinking the work is too risky and just trying to stay alive, but he's already in deep. But maybe he's just burning the bridge with Vel, knowing that she's never going to trust him after he killed Skeen and this is the only safe way to exit the situation.

On the other hand, he has no way of reconnecting with Luthen without Vel. So maybe he has to go back to Bix to get reconnected.

Last edited:

I don't know that Vel will never trust him. He only took the share he was owed (which is nothing compared to the money they stole). He did pretty much do exaclty what he was paid for, and probably saved her from being shot in the back by Skeen. (And she probably will believe the latter more easily because of the former).
That isn't to say she won't have doubts, and she'll know that she really makes sure what he is in for and what not beforehand.

MarkB

Legend
Yeah, it feels rather short sighted of Andor to make two somewhat contradictory decisions:

1) Follow his professional ethics and kill the traitor so that he can complete the job he was paid for.
2) Burn bridges with his employer and go on the run using his own limited resources.

I guess Andor is still thinking the work is too risky and just trying to stay alive, but he's already in deep. But maybe he's just burning the bridge with Vel, knowing that she's never going to trust him after he killed Skeen and this is the only safe way to exit the situation.

On the other hand, he has no way of reconnecting with Luthen without Vel. So maybe he has to go back to Bix to get reconnected.
Right now he has ethics, but not commitment. He clearly still has his own task that he's trying to pursue (missing sister) and doesn't want the distraction of joining a rebellion.

Right now he has ethics, but not commitment. He clearly still has his own task that he's trying to pursue (missing sister) and doesn't want the distraction of joining a rebellion.
Who wants to take bets on Dedra being the missing sister?

We have learned suspiciously little about this so called "sister".

MarkB

Legend
We have learned suspiciously little about this so called "sister".
Yeah, all we really know is that she's from the same planet as Cassian. Presumably would have to be from his little orphan tribe, but not necessarily family. I wonder if we'll have a return to some flashbacks, or some other form of exposition.

Remove ads