Star Wars - missing rules?

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I quite like Shards' idea of replacing "enhanced senses" with something similar but allows spotting with out regard to cover or concealment. I may have a thought about that.

It will be interesting to see if Ep III reveals anything about the Jedi Ghosts - this is the second rumour that I've heard to that effect, and it would be one good reason why it wasn't covered in the book.

Cheers

RiggsWolfe

First Post
The ghost thing is being explained in Episode 3. In the novelisation for Ep2, when Yoda hears GuiGon's voice while Anakin is killing the Sandpeople is surprised and has a thought like "once a Jedi becomes one with the force, consciousness is gone, so how did QuiGon cry out?"

Clearly it's hinting that the ghost thing is very, very new.

As for the blind fighting thing, if you notice, they never do it in combat, it's intended just to get them to trust the force and stuff. I'd say just use it for RP during training sessions. No mechanic needed.

Jack Haggerty

First Post
RiggsWolfe said:
The ghost thing is being explained in Episode 3. In the novelisation for Ep2, when Yoda hears GuiGon's voice while Anakin is killing the Sandpeople is surprised and has a thought like "once a Jedi becomes one with the force, consciousness is gone, so how did QuiGon cry out?"

Clearly it's hinting that the ghost thing is very, very new.

As for the blind fighting thing, if you notice, they never do it in combat, it's intended just to get them to trust the force and stuff. I'd say just use it for RP during training sessions. No mechanic needed.

Good idea... it could work something like:

If you can't see an opponent (invisible or 100% concealment), you must guess at their location, correct? A decent Sense Force check should able to pinpoint your enemy... Or a Farseeing check to view the "battlefield" from outside your body. You no longer need to guess the location of your enemy, since you know where they are through the Force.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
RiggsWolfe said:

While they don't close their eyes while fighting, I've always been under the impression that they use more than their eyes in order to react to stuff quickly enough. part of it is the precognition effect (mentioned by Qui Gonn in Ep1 at the dinner table). Part of it is Kenobis assertion that the Jedi uses the force "for information and defence, not for attack" (Ep4).

I understand that during the training process it is necessary for them to learn to stretch out with their feelings, and so blindfolding them serves a good purpose. By the time they are ready for action they can stretch out with their feelings and be aware of things ("see" with the force) without having to keep the eyes closed. - like Luke turning off the targetting computer at the end of Ep4 and relying on the force to aim instead.

Jodo Kast

First Post
Whether a Jedi's eyes are open or closed, blindfolded or otherwise, (s)he blocks blaster bolts the same way. The eye could never see a blaster bolt coming, transmit the image to the mind, and the mind then order the arm to move quickly enough to deflect the blaster bolt. The Jedi "just knows" where the blaster bolt is going to strike, and is in motion before the trigger is even pulled. Jedi precognition. Thus no blindfighting sense feat is required, as the Jedi don't use their vision to counter blasters anyway ... such would be impossible.

Oops, I see that Plane Sailings already addressed this in the prior post, and I agree with his statements in addition to that which I have stated above.

I concur with Kid Kwalish that no mechanic is needed to handle Jedi ghosts, they should be used as GM story-device stuff exclusively.

That's my two credits, anyway.

Last edited:

Shard O'Glase

First Post
The response from some moderator on the wizards board to plane sailings post seems to be well the uber jedi book comes out soon, so maybe you'll see it there.

To which my reply would be if I was registered over there would be screw you hippie the uber Jedi book should add cool extras and not fill in the gaps for the things that should of been in there from the begining.

DonAdam

Explorer
Deflect blasters would work regardless of whether the person was blind.

That's all that training is. It allows them to get the deflect blasters ability. The blindness is only used to make the student rely on the Force.

The same type of ability is represented by the Battlemind, Enhance Senses, and See Force abilities.

See Force should be more versatile though. For one, it should be the check to avoid being surprised with the Force sensitive feat, and should probably reveal someone's location if you are blinded.

Remove ads