Star Wars Rewatch

MGibster

Legend
It’s not. It’s nowhere near as bad as critics make it out to be. Lots of action, visually stunning and a decent story. Sure there’s some pretty bad acting, but, it’s not like I watch Star Wars for the acting.
I've actually been thinking about watching some of the Star Wars movies again. I havne't seen TPM or even ANH in more than twenty years now. I think the biggest problems with the prequels was that I was in my twenties when I watched them instead of seven. Jesus, only 16 years between RotJ and TPM! It seemed like a long time back then but nothing now. And, well, the prequels look much better after having watched the latest triology. As least the prequels told a cohesive story.

Zardnaar

Legend
Well. Just blazed my way through the final season of Clone Wars. A lot of the missing pieces fall into place.

Funny thing is, the final season is almost entirely Asohka. There’s almost nothing of Anakin in it. But it does set up Revenge so much better than AotC did.

CloneWars is pretty good. I prefer rebels as it's more consistent but the best of cline Wars is better than best of rebels if that makes any sense.

Asohka is very popular mostly due to the Clones Wars. Her debut was horrendous in possibly the worst Star Wars movie ever.

pukunui

Legend
Yeah, it’s interesting. I was so upset when watching TPM for the first time in the theater that I almost walked out, but when I watched it again more recently with my kids, I found it wasn’t as bad as I’d first though.

AotC is definitely the worst. Anakin and Padme’s relationship is awful. The action scenes are dull. And so on and so forth.

RotS is the best of the prequels. Yes, it still has some cringey moments, and Anakin’s fall to the dark side feels a little sudden. The guy who wrote the novelization did a better job making it believable.

Clone Wars had some real highs, and I’m really enjoying the Bad Batch (so much so that it’s actually making me want to run a SW RPG campaign again). Rebels was fantastic.

The Mandalorian is, of course, the best SW. Not just because it’s great on its own but also because it builds on the foundations that shows like the Clone Wars and Rebels laid (Bo-Katan, Ahsoka, the Darksaber, etc).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases