• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars Smuggler's Campaign (D6)

reel_big_gish

First Post
Just testing the waters, so to speak.

Is anyone interested in playing a star wars campaign, using the WEG 2nd edition d6 rules?

The primary focus would be smuggling and / or other illicit activities based in the Outer Rim (Kathol Sector), but with occasional forays to other parts of the galaxy.

Torillan

First Post
I'd be interested, mainly since I have tons of the old D6 books. I did really have some of my best gaming experiences with the D6 rules... :)

reel_big_gish

First Post
*Sigh* Only one taker?

The core mechanic of the game is wicked simple, and I have a handy cheat sheet detailing everything you'll need to know about how your character works.

Even if you have no familiarity with the system, feel free to post a character concept, and I can help you with the mechanics of it.

reel_big_gish

First Post
If you're both familiar with the rule system, you can go ahead and start working on your characters. Standard character creation: Racial attribute dice +6d (so most races end with 18d), 7d for skills, 1500 credits for gear. Gear or races can come from any book, but if I don't have access to it, I may request a writeup.

Force Sensitive characters will be allowed, but since this will be a rebellion era game, players may not start with dice in Control, Sense, or Alter.

This will revolve around smuggling and other illicit activities, and some type of ship will be provided for the group. I'm currently leaning towards a YT-1300 or Ghtroc 720, but that may change if I can ever find the other half of my SW books. The campaign will begin in the Kathol Sector, eventually heading to other parts of the galaxy on a job-by-job basis.

If you have any questions or thoughts, feel free to ask/comment.

And remember.

NO DISINTEGRATIONS!

EDIT: If you're not familiar with the rule system, eaither post a generalized character concept or a level 1 Star Wars D20 character, and I'll help you to convert it best i can.

EDIT2: I'll have some links ot the Player's Handouts up in a bit for those without access to the core book.

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
Hey gish,

I'm a bit too snowed under to take on anythig else at the moment. But just wanted to stop by and wish you best of luck. I'm not even a huge SW fan anymore (after the last movie in particular). But Star Wars is a cool setting for a game.

thotd

librarius_arcana

First Post
reel_big_gish said:
If you're both familiar with the rule system, you can go ahead and start working on your characters. Standard character creation: Racial attribute dice +6d (so most races end with 18d), 7d for skills, 1500 credits for gear. Gear or races can come from any book, but if I don't have access to it, I may request a writeup.

Force Sensitive characters will be allowed, but since this will be a rebellion era game, players may not start with dice in Control, Sense, or Alter.

This will revolve around smuggling and other illicit activities, and some type of ship will be provided for the group. I'm currently leaning towards a YT-1300 or Ghtroc 720, but that may change if I can ever find the other half of my SW books. The campaign will begin in the Kathol Sector, eventually heading to other parts of the galaxy on a job-by-job basis.

If you have any questions or thoughts, feel free to ask/comment.

And remember.

NO DISINTEGRATIONS!

EDIT: If you're not familiar with the rule system, eaither post a generalized character concept or a level 1 Star Wars D20 character, and I'll help you to convert it best i can.

EDIT2: I'll have some links ot the Player's Handouts up in a bit for those without access to the core book.

:\ Dude that means we will be playing just beginner characters
(and please ban any jedi types, please, that should be for a diffrent era)

I'll be the gun bunny if Torillan wants to be the ace pilot ;)

reel_big_gish

First Post
Jedi are effectively banned. Force Sensitive characters aren'tjedi, they are just more in tune with the Force than others. They can't use it in any meaningful way, apart from no having a cap on Force Points and being susceptible to the Dark Side.

With the prohibition against starting dice in Force skills, no one will ever learn to use the Force unless I allow it. As much as I hate Jedi, that'll never happen.

Remove ads