• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Starter Set Command Spell

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
I can be informative or funny, not both.

Odd. I didn't realize either was an option for you. :]

I hope the higher caster level option is a portent of that mechanic being spread throughout the system.

I'm probably still going to use "die" as a command that is, functionally, equivalent to "grovel" but presented in a much scarier way.

Thaumaturge.

Talath

Explorer
Odd. I didn't realize either was an option for you. :]

I hope the higher caster level option is a portent of that mechanic being spread throughout the system.

I'm probably still going to use "die" as a command that is, functionally, equivalent to "grovel" but presented in a much scarier way.

Thaumaturge.

You're too kind. I also can't grant you XP. I think I've XPed everyone who posts in 5e threads.

I love the rule of casting spells with higher level spell slots. It really allows the wizard to shine without having meta magic feats. And puts limit on their power, along with the concentration mechanic.

Even though they are reined in, I can't wait to roll an enchanter.

Ichneumon

First Post
You're too kind. I also can't grant you XP. I think I've XPed everyone who posts in 5e threads.

I love the rule of casting spells with higher level spell slots. It really allows the wizard to shine without having meta magic feats. And puts limit on their power, along with the concentration mechanic.

Even though they are reined in, I can't wait to roll an enchanter.

As a DM, I really appreciate how this rule makes it easier to create enemy wizards who are only meant to be around for an encounter. No need to fully flesh out their spell list. Just give them magic missile, fireball & one or two others, and go nuts.

Remove ads