STARTING RIGHT NOW! MEGA ADVENTURE: Calling all players!

Boddynock

First Post
Don't know what's happening with Eusebius (level 6) but my guess is that Tarag won't be back in time. Given that I've offered to DM a low-level sideplot, that's probably all I could manage, anyway.

So that means that I should be able to take part in adventure approval - at least for the parts which I definitely won't be playing in.

B4cchus

Explorer
RA, sign up Talbin as well. He is currently a halfling rogue 4 but surely higher level after his current adventure: war in Vastermarch

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Question: How are we going to judge this thing? I think it might be best to assign a separate judge to each sideplot (if at all possible) so that in the unlikely event that Rystil Arden's RL comes knocking, the whole campaign won't fall on one judge's shoulders.

Since so many judges' characters will be playing in this campaign, I think even if a judge's character is involved in one of the sideplots, that judge should still be able to judge one of the other 5 sideplots.

Orsal: You say "I, for one, could [approve this mega-adventure]." But I thought you were considering bringing Nurlan out of hiding?

Manzanita

First Post
I think Patlin already knows the basic plot, and can approve it. That leaves one more judge needed. And I think one more should be needed. Presumably this plot is pretty important and worldshaking. And since this is living EN world, and not living Rystil world, it should be run through the proper channels.

Judges can judge individual threads, I suspect. RA will be able to advice us on the best way to work that out, I suspect.

I would like to participate in the adventure, but it wouldn't kill me not to. If a judge should sit out in order to discuss the overall plot in more detail, I'd volunteer. I do hope Nurlan comes out of his semi-retirement and joins in. I think there are other games that will be going on, too. Isn't BigB going to run something? And didn't someone else submit an proposal as well?

Boddynock

First Post
I'm certainly up to judge a thread. As to approving the mega-adventure as a whole, I think it would be better if one of the judges with more knowledge and experience with LEW did that, so I'm not going to volunteer for that task.

'Nock

Rystil Arden

First Post
Boddynock said:
I'm certainly up to judge a thread. As to approving the mega-adventure as a whole, I think it would be better if one of the judges with more knowledge and experience with LEW did that, so I'm not going to volunteer for that task.

'Nock
Considering some of the much briefer things I've seen approved, from the description I sent you, you could definitely approve it. Frankly, adventures are pretty much always approved

BigB

First Post
Manzanita said:
Isn't BigB going to run something?

My adventure will require at least 4th level characters with 5th being optimal and 6th probably the limit. 4-5 characters. If I don't get enough I can delay the start a bit until players are available. Im not sure if the current players Lookspring and Phoenix will continue or join the mega adventure. Im not pressuring anyone just thought I would let it be known in case judges or any player cannot join the mega there is another coming along. Hopefully the characters are not afraid of small spaces. Although that could be interesting as well.

Sirhahn

First Post
Rystil,

Based on some earlier postings as well as your starting post, you seem to be low on Healers. I'd like to offer the services of Landers Silver, a 1st level Cleric of Halina (currently awaiting approval).

Might you have a spot available?

Sirhahn

Rystil Arden

First Post
Sirhahn said:
Rystil,

Based on some earlier postings as well as your starting post, you seem to be low on Healers. I'd like to offer the services of Landers Silver, a 1st level Cleric of Halina (currently awaiting approval).

Might you have a spot available?

Sirhahn
There are many spots--I shall add Landers

orsal

LEW Judge
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Since so many judges' characters will be playing in this campaign, I think even if a judge's character is involved in one of the sideplots, that judge should still be able to judge one of the other 5 sideplots.

Absolutely. What I'm not sure about is judges approving the adventure proposals. If the storylines are all interconnected, the information needed to give the green light for one subplot is, I would think, likely (in at least some cases) to include spoilers for another. So, it may be useful to have at least two judges not involved in any of the adventures

Rae ArdGaoth said:
Orsal: You say "I, for one, could [approve this mega-adventure]." But I thought you were considering bringing Nurlan out of hiding?

Nurlan is definitely coming out of hiding, but for teh mega-adventure? Only as Plan B. I've got other plans for him for the immediate future, plans that stressful real-life events have put on hold. Specifically, an adventure not connected to this proposal in which he would be a significant NPC. I'm only going to bring him into Rystil's plot if I give up on bringing that plan to fruition -- or (less likely) if there should be vacancies in one of Rystil's storylines after that adventure is completed.

Last edited:

Remove ads