• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stink in Ship's Towers

Knight Otu

First Post
Kathan shifts around Dusky and angrily brings is morningstar down on the half-orc. With a satisfying crunch, the weapon connects to the ex-first mate's head, and the traitor drops unceremonously.
(Khuther is up. There are still some fights on board, and Kenn is unconcious and bleeding.)

Drowned Hero

First Post
Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
[sblock=Khuther]You recognize the creatures as spiretop drakes, tiny dragon-like creatures that nest, among other places, on the tops of Sharn's towers. They are known for following ships to feed on fish. They don't seem to do that right now, however.[/sblock]

A few of the sailors drop their weapon as they see Dusky fall and are quickly subdued, but others continue to fight. One sailor begins charging at you, but is hit by Khuther's readied acid splash. It doesn't seem to hurt much, but the sailor is already wounded, and doesn't look like he'll stand much longer. (I took that as a readied action. Khuther can act this round.)

Captain Pepper limps to your side and mumbles something about regretting to always delay his retirement plans. He attacks the acid-splashed sailor, but only scratches across the leather.

Kaodi

Hero
When the opportunity arises, Kathan comes to the aid of Captain Pepper, or in case that has been resolved, attacks the next nearest mutineer. He attempts to flank, given the opportunity.

Attack: 1d20=4

Apparently, his luck only extends to key players, it seems.

Knight Otu

First Post
Kenn bleeds (dropping to -4). Kathan jumps into a position to better attack the traitor, but misses horribly. Khuther (NPC'd) shoots a glob of acid at the sailor, but also misses. The treacherous crewman panickedly stabs around, hitting nothing but air in the process. Captain Sarim, who seems to be weakened from the fight, also fails to hit.

(Remember that you guys have action points. I'm not quite sure yet if you'll level, but at least it is probable. Hint: Getting stable is one of the functions an action point can be used for.)

Knight Otu

First Post
Kathan manages to catch the thug unaware with his latest swing, and with a crunch, clobbers his head. He drops, and after a few seconds, you realize that all fighting has stopped. The drakes still hover above the ship, but begin to rise again.
(The combat is over.)
Captain Pepper grunts and says "Crew, get us back to Sharn. We're can't go our route under these conditions, and these gentlemen likely aren't interested to oin us anyway." He looks at Kenn's wounds, but states "I'm no healer, so I can't really help with those wounds. I might be able to bandage him a bit, but that's all, though if we can stop his bleeding, he'll be fine."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads