• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft: Ch. I [IC]

James Heard

Explorer
As the three women walk toward the tree line, Janis scowls and leans over to whisper in Tessa's ear while pointing directly Ashlyn and glaring.
[sblock=Whispered to Tessa]
"<We're being followed. The tree over there,>" Janis hisses, darting her eyes by means of direction. "<Be amused. I've just told you something saucy about Ashlyn's sexual habits. Be a good friend and whisper back at her when I'm not looking.>"
[/sblock]
Janis draws back and cocks her chin at Ashlyn defiantly, then pulls away and shows her back to the two other women.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Tessa fought the urge to look towards the theoretical watcher, and instead managed to lift one palm to her lips, as if smothering a giggle. She shook her head, and glanced from Janis to Ashlyn and back, trying to look shocked. When Janis turned away, Tessa waite only a moment before stepping to Ashlyn's side and whispering a few words.

To Ashlyn [sblock] "She says someone's watching us, from over there in the tree. I guess this mummery is for distraction, in case we can catch this one as we caught the last. Her comment was meant to be some sordid tale of your 'exploits', so act appalled I guess" [/sblock]

Stormwind

First Post
Ashlyn's hand moves to cover her mouth and her eyes open wide, as if she is shocked by what Tessa just whispered to her. Then her eyes narrow and she looks hard in Janis's direction, ... a long, hard, look.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The men of the group realize something is up; Jarrith is sure that Janis is saying something other than what she is saying. He suspects she is trying to be secretive about something. But what? That is unknown.

[sblock=Janis]You've moved from where you could see the creature, but there has been no response so far. Apparently the ruse is working.[/sblock]

ethandrew

First Post
Once Tessa dismounts, Ladreth eases himself fully into the saddle. Never fully comfortable atop a horse, Ladreth tries to situate his bulky weight to the perfect balance, knowing full well he will have to readjust once the plain woman Tessa comes back. The white woman's comments seemed out of place, but he supposes this spot is as good as any to relieve one's self, and seriously considers that option as well, but decides against it since he's already found a good balancing point atop his mount.

James Heard

Explorer
Making her way to the bushes, Janis stands and waits for the two other women, casually prodding the undergrowth as if to dislodge snakes and other creatures that might otherwise make a quick break from travel dangerous.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Marot said:
"Daellin?"
Marot's query and Janis' odd talk about meeting up with "Daellin and the others" as well as recommending they all go relieve themselves... is all Jarrith needs to come to the conclusion that something is going on. He watches as the three women head off into the brush, and the Stalker decides that nothing will be gained by him staying up on this horse twiddling his thumbs. So taking his cue from Janis' request, he leaps down from the saddle and moves off perpendicular from the direction the women went, speaking to Marot and Ladreth as he goes.

"Well since we've stopped... I guess I'll go drop my water too. Cause goodness knows how long the ladies are going to waste our time doing so too."

OOC: As he dismounts, he loses his Aid domain spell to gain 2 extra minutes to his Sacred Stealth ability (4 minutes total). He then moves perpendicular into the woods for a dozen or so yards, then drops down into stealth mode (Hide & Move Silently +13 plus +4 for Sacred Stealth = +17). He then begins circling around in the direction the women went and keeping his eyes open for anything of note.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Marot the Deadly

Marot looks on as he watches Jarrith disappear into the brush.

He then looks at the half-orc and shrugs.

"Looks like you and I get to play babysitter to a bunch of horses. I hope you didn't drink too much water this morning too."

pathfinderq1

First Post
Tessa followed Ashlyn and Janis, wondering if there was some kind of plan attached to this charade. As she moved, she slung her shield at her back, and slipped her morningstar into the ring on her belt, then readied her crossbow- at this point, any enemy that showed up might not be right on top of them and she wanted the time for one shot at range, just in case.

OOC: switching to MW light crossbow, with cold iron bolts

Remove ads