D&D 5E Storm King's Thunder [OOC]

Disposable Hero

First Post
Awesome, I'm thinking of an archer than. Leaning towards ranger but a fighter/rogue would be great as well. My original idea was a mountain dwarf barbarian.

EDIT: Actually I'm really leaning towards the barb...

Last edited:

Disposable Hero

First Post
Here's a quick background of my mountain dwarf barbarian. I can finish fleshing it out in the morning, currently I've been up for 22 hours I think.

[Sblock=Background]Rhogar Ironhide is lean by dwarven standards but his strength is apparent. A bear skin hangs loosely from his shoulders as the hilt in the shape of a dragon can easily be seen beneath the skin. His light brown hair and beard are well groomed, even though he had the pungent smell of dead flesh and earth clinging to his being. The horn of some bull or minotaur perhaps can be seen hanging from his side, close to a dagger. Steel guards covered his knees and shins crafted into the shapes of skulls.

Rhogar grew up in the mountain ranges in the north, sleeping where he dropped, eating only what he could find or kill. He’s not a normal dwarf when it comes to combat. He tends to fly into rages and instead of controlling it, he embraces it. Lets the rage flow through him. Shapes it. Uses it. His fellow dwarves call him a berserker.[/Sblock]

TallIan

Explorer
Finnan
Wizard 1

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
Passive Perception: 12
AC: 12 (15 with mage armour, 17/20 with shield)
Initiative: +2
HP: 8/8 (HD: 1/1d6)

Offense
Spell attack: +5 to hit Spell DC: 15
Quarterstaff: +1 1d6-1B

Luck: 3/3

Spells
CANTRIPS (3): FireBolt, Light, Minor Illusion
LEVEL 1: (2/2): *Mage Armour, *Shield, *Sleep, *Fog Cloud (C), Unseen Servant (R), Alarm (R)
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Features]
Human (Variant)
Increase two ability scores by one (DEX, INT)
Gain 1 feat (Lucky)
Gain 1 skills: Persuasion
Languages: Common, Elven (Human), Celestial (Noble)

Wizard (Level 1)
HD: d6
Weapon Proficiencies: Daggers, Darts, slings, quarterstaffs, light crossbows
Saves: INT, WIS
Skills: Insight, Arcana
Spellcasting
Arcane Recovery
Ritual Casting

Waterdavian Noble:
Skills: History, Persuasion
Feature: Kept in Style: You go not have to pay up to 2GP per day to maintain a comfortable or better lifestyle as long as people know Waterdeep.

FEATS
Lucky: re-roll a d20 roll you make, or an attack against you 3/day[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Abilities and saves]
ABILITIES(mod/save)
STR: 8 (-1/-1)
DEX:14(+2/+2)
CON:14(+2/+2)
INT*:16(+3/+5)
WIS*: 12(+1/+3)
CHA: 10(+0/+0)

AC: 12 (15 with mage armour, 17/20 with shield)
Initiative: +2
HP: 8/8 (HD: 1/1d6)
Proficiency bonus: +2

OFFENSE:
Spell attack: +5 to hit Spell DC: 13
Spell Attack Modifier: +5

SKILLS:
Athletics: -1

Acrobatics: 2
Sleight of Hand: 2
Stealth: 2

*Arcana: +5
*History: +5
Investigation: +3
Nature: +3
Religion: +3

Animal Handling: +2
*Insight: +3
Medicine: +1
*Perception: +3
Survival: +1

Deception: +0
Intimidation: +0
Performance: +0
*Persuasion: +2

Passive Perception: 12[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Equipment and Spells]
EQUIPMENT
Runed Quarterstaff (Spell focus)
Explorers Pack (backpack, bedroll, mess kit, a tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 rations, and a waterskin, 50 feet hemp rope)
Spellbook
Fine Clothes
Bottle of fine wine
Scroll of Pedigree
Signet Ring
Belt pouch

PP GP EP SP CP
0 20 0 0 0

SPELLS (* shows Prepared)
CANTRIPS (3): FireBolt, Light, Minor Illusion
LEVEL 1 (8): *Mage Armour; *Shield; *Sleep; *Fog Cloud (C); Alarm (R); Unseen Servant (R)

[/SBLOCK]
[SBLOCK=description]
DESCRIPTION
Fistan is of average height but slight of build. His stooped shoulders give away his preference for books, but he still seems to enjoy the hardships of being outdoors, at least for short intervals. He takes great pains to be clean and neat, but clearly is behind on the current fashions, both in clothing style and conversation topics, much preferring practical clothes and obscure subjects.

TRAITS
Personality: Despite my noble birth, I do not place myself above other folk. We all have the same blood.
Ideal: Respect is due to me because of my position, but all people regardless of station deserve to be treated with dignity. (Good)
Bond: I would like my life's work to be a set of great tomes detailing secrets of the world
Flaw: I am easily distracted by the promise of information.

BACKGROUND:
Growing up Fistan always wanted to read, he found the pointless rhetoric of court mind numbingly boring. His parents always insisted that he learn the intrigues of court and he would have not had a choice had he been the first born.

After some rebellion and public embarrassment for his family Fistan was finally allowed to apprentice as a mage. During his absence rumours grew and multiplied about the strange child in the family, was he disfigured, simple, insane?

Years later Fistan returned to find life at court awkward. He had even less desire than before to tolerate the mundane nothings that nobles choose to discuss. Things were especially difficult because of the rumours regarding his absence.

It didn't take Fistan long to commenting the conclusion that he wanted something else. The rumours regarding goblins around nightstand would make an excellent opportunity to prove his worth as a mage and would give him the opportunity to prove to Lady Velrosa that he wasn't crazy, that would go some way to making his life more tolerable.
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases