• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Storms of Change, Part 2

silentspace

First Post
Zanock looks at Dunathar and makes a sound somewhere in-between a growl and a sigh. “What? Your elders had only good things to say about orcs? I think not. I used to travel only at night, to avoid those who sought to kill me first and ask questions later. Like the dwarves who killed my parents. If not for my size and strength, I doubt I would have survived long, as an orc whose only wish is to travel and see the world. Does your tribe not hunt orcs wherever they are seen? Are you not suspicious when I even speak with other orcs? Am I not already dead in the eyes of most humans, elves and dwarves from the moment they see me?”

Ignoring the carving knife, Zanock uses his falchion to slice off a chunk of meat and starts tearing into it with his teeth.

Watching Zanock's falchion slice into the meat, Manzanita thinks back to the time they killed and cooked the boar with Glendrake’s caravan. Or the graduation party at the university in Masar where she studied law. It’s difficult to reach any conclusions, but the slab of meat on the table, if eaten with the bread, could make a meal for... fifteen to thirty-five? It looks like one of the deer’s haunches. The rest of the deer is not in evidence. The kitchen, like the other rooms, is clean. The room itself is twenty by twenty feet square, and is filled pretty tightly with all the boxes, crates and barrels.

There are three more doors in the corridor. The next one is on the left, then a pair of double doors on the right, and lastly a door straight ahead.

mpickett81

First Post
Adromon cuts off a piece of meat and brings it to his mouth with the knife. He turns to Zanock and Dunathar, "We should move on. A real battle will quench our anger." He picks up his glaive and moves out into the hallway, awaiting his companions.

GPEKO

First Post
Bert

Filbert move out with Adromon. "Yes let's proceed, but with caution." He says softly before heading to the nearest door.

silentspace

First Post
Adromon, Bert and Rowyn step out of the room back into the hallway. The kitchen door is in the middle of the hallway. The next door is across the hall, fifteen feet down.

Verbatim

Explorer
Staring hard at Zanock, Dunathar swallowed his food and listened as Zanock spoke of being an outcast, hunted, and hated.

~The day you justify following Hextor is the last day you'll ever see me coming Zanock. Don't make me prove your hunted theory as right...~

As Adromon called their attention away from each other, Dunathar nodded when it was suggested he scout ahead for the others again.

"Yeah...that sounds fine...I'm suddenly not hungry anymore..."

Moving ahead of the others, Dunathar walked to the next door slowly before placing his ear against it listening for any sounds and checking to see if the door is locked.

silentspace

First Post
Voices can be heard faintly behind the door. Only a small snippet can be made out. Its a human-ish voice.

"...'cause they've got friggin orc blood they think they can..."

The voices can still be heard, but they seem to have moved further away from the door. Dunathar thinks he hears two distinct voices talking.

Verbatim

Explorer
Waving to the others to be silent, Dunathar thanked the Maker that the stone walls absorbed the sounds from their previous battle and discussion in the kitchen. Moving back towards the others as silently as possible, he began whispering to the others.

"Voices behind the door...sounds like humans to me...also seem none to happy with the green bloods in the compound. No offense Zanock, but that be their words, not mine."

Manzanita

First Post
Manzanita

"Thus far, oposition has not been too stout. We are still at near full strength, and retain the element of surprise. Let us go through the door, and continue to strike quickly and silently."

Remove ads