• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Storms of Change, Part 2

silentspace

First Post
This room is much like the last one, with bunkbeds, footlockers, and a large wooden trunk. The footlockers contain dark grey clothing, and four of them also contain suits of studded leather armor, shortbows and arrows, and outdoor gear. The trunk contains one suit of scale mail, and is otherwise empty.

You find a total of 47 silver pieces and 43 copper pieces.

A torch flickers on the wall, and there is another simple key hanging on a hook by the door.

This combat was messier than the last, but Dunathar manages to clean up most traces of the battle. He hides the bodies in the footlockers, after making sure they are dead.

GPEKO

First Post
Filbert

Filbert is awestruck. Zanock took down two enemies before they could even blink. Remembering what Zanock said in the kitchen, Filbert makes a mental note to try to improve his relation with the orc... Bert doesn't want to end up cleaved in two.

"Ahhh... right, that was eeerrrr... quick... There doesn't seem to be much of interest here. I agree with Manzanita, let's move on."

silentspace

First Post
OOC: Manzanita’s robes are the same color, but of higher quality material and make.

The next set of doors is on the left. It is a pair of large, wooden double doors. Dunathar searches the door [taking 10] but finds nothing amiss. The door has a lock, and testing the handle, Dunathar finds that it is locked.

Verbatim

Explorer
Pocketing the silver pieces as his companions prepared to depart, Dunathar prepared himself for the next room. They had been extremely lucky so far, as the Hextorites were not aware of the foxes which lurked in their roost, but lucky would only carry them so long.

Approaching the next door, Dunather studied it for a moment and thought it was safe for the others to enter with him. Finding it locked, Dunathar pulled the key from the first guard room and tried the use it to open the lock.

"Let's see what they are hiding shall we..."

OOC: If the key doesn't work Dunathar will try to pick it, taking his time as he does so. (Take 20)

silentspace

First Post
The simple key opens the door. Looking beyond the door you see a ten foot wide corridor, similar to the one you are in, extending forty feet. The corridor ends in another pair of plain wood double doors, much like the ones you just opened.

Verbatim

Explorer
Smiling as the key opens the door, Dunathar opens it wider for all to see once he sees the path is clear. Turning to the others, Dunathar wanted to give them a moment before proceeding.

"Do we back out now and seek out the authorities to tell of the Hextorites, or do we press foward?"

Seonaid

Explorer
"Press forward," Rowyn says grimly. "We may as well keep going, while we retain some element of surprise." She adds to herself, "Though I'm not sure I like this path we're on."

Manzanita

First Post
Manzanita

"It is unsettling, is it not, that we don't even know who these people are who we are slaying. We don't even really know that they're hostile. Yet we know they worship Hextor, and that is enough, I suppose, to know they're not on our side. While we retain the element of surprise, I say we press on."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads