• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Strahd's "The lost Caverns of Tsojcanth" - Game Ended successfully!

Thanee

First Post
Strahd_Von_Zarovich said:
No problem ... you can change it.

Thanks! :)

I would actually prefer not to change it, but the feat setup was kinda illegal that way (both metamagic feats having the prerequisite of one metamagic feat, so none of them could have been learned first). :p

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
Allyra acts quickly and rides north, while she rides she vanish like she wasn't even there in the first place, laughing and screaming like a maniac...

You got me there for a moment... :D

Spur (Failed)

Oh yeah, and the Ride check wasn't really meant for the Spur action, but just a general Ride check to put the horse into motion. :)

I realize, that it was probably worded in a rather confusing manner. :heh:

On second thought... could it be, that we need to make DC 20 Ride checks just to be able to act, if we move our mounts during battle?

Of course, Allyra's mount is an abyssal creature with improved Str and Con, and shouldn't worry about some wolves... :lol:

About the Web:

The two opponents in the area cannot really move that far. The zombie cannot move at all, and the wolf can only move a few feet, if a Str check beats at least 15!

Anyone in the effect’s area when the spell is cast must make a Reflex save. If this save succeeds, the creature is entangled, but not prevented from moving, though moving is more difficult than normal for being entangled (see below). If the save fails, the creature is entangled and can’t move from its space, but can break loose by spending 1 round and making a DC 20 Strength check or a DC 25 Escape Artist check. Once loose (either by making the initial Reflex save or a later Strength check or Escape Artist check), a creature remains entangled, but may move through the web very slowly. Each round devoted to moving allows the creature to make a new Strength check or Escape Artist check. The creature moves 5 feet for each full 5 points by which the check result exceeds 10.

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

Thanee said:
You got me there for a moment... :D
When I reread it, I fell from my chair, LOL

Thanee said:
On second thought... could it be, that we need to make DC 20 Ride checks just to be able to act, if we move our mounts during battle?

Of course, Allyra's mount is an abyssal creature with improved Str and Con, and shouldn't worry about some wolves... :lol:
These are the rules I'm using, that would clarify things I hope - Ride, I'm flexible with the rules, let me do the Ride checks, If I feel they are necessary.
Thanee said:
About the Web:
The two opponents in the area cannot really move that far. The zombie cannot move at all, and the wolf can only move a few feet, if a Str check beats at least 15!
Atesh Unleashed his Web, the Ogre Zombie failed the Reflex save and the wolf passed, in the wolf turn he moved half his speed and got away from the area.
As for the Ogre you are right … although he passed Str check on his round, it was a full action and he shall move only on the next round.
My mistake …

Thanee

First Post
This here is the part I meant up there with the DC 20:

Control Mount in Battle: As a move action, you can attempt to control a light horse, pony, heavy horse, or other mount not trained for combat riding while in battle. If you fail the Ride check, you can do nothing else in that round. You do not need to roll for warhorses or warponies.

And about the Web...

Strahd_Von_Zarovich said:
Atesh Unleashed his Web, the Ogre Zombie failed the Reflex save and the wolf passed, in the wolf turn he moved half his speed and got away from the area.
As for the Ogre you are right … although he passed Str check on his round, it was a full action and he shall move only on the next round.
My mistake …

Please carefully reread the highlighted parts in the quote from the Web spell in my post above.

You are confusing the movement one can do inside the spell's area with the entangle condition (half-speed), I believe, which makes the spell a lot weaker than it is. While it's true, that you are entangled, your movement is also *much* more restricted than that (even if you made the save successfully!); you need to make Str checks every round (as a Full-Round action supposedly (-> 'each round devoted to moving')) to move at all (DC 15+ allows 5 ft. of movement, DC 20+ is 10 ft., and so on).

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
Steve Gorak said:
Please keep in mind that Keldar gets 4 AoO per round (from combat reflexes), so if the wolves move in (namely the one in K-17), they'll also be denied their dex modifier...

Why would they be denied their Dex modifier? I don't think that's right. :)

Bye
Thanee

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads