D&D 5E Suggestions for my next character...

RigaMortus2

First Post
Starting up a new game in a week, and I have no idea what type of character I want to play. I've scoured the books, but nothing pops out at me. Was looking for some suggestions.

Classes I already played and prefer not to again, at least for awhile:
Warlock
Incarnate
Psionc (Telepath)
Ranger (Archery based)

I am looking for a class that always has something to do. I think I have been spoiled by the Warlock and Incarnate, cause they can use their abilities all day long and never run out. This is the type of character I am looking for. Wizards, Sorcerers, Clerics, Psionics, etc. all eventually run out of spells/powers. What good is a Wizard with no spells, a Psion with no power points?

So what do I have left? Melee classes, such as Fighter, Knight (PHB II), Ranger, Paladin, Monk... like I said, melee classes.

Our group already has a Duskblade, so prefer not to double up on that one. Not sure what the other people will be playing as of yet.

Not necessarily looking for a build, just some ideas. We will be starting out at 4th level. Assume 34 point buy. I say this incase someone wants to put together a multiclassed or PrC build that might not start out great, but by 4th level, does what I am looking for. And what am I looking for? A character that can always do something, doesn't run out of resources (except hit points, heh), and something I haven't played recently (as posted above).

Oh yeah, books available are Core, PHB 2, Complete, Race books, XPH, and environment books (Frostburn, etc.)

Thanee

First Post
Artificer? Well, they also run out of resources, since mostly everyone does.

Or Druid.

Or Rogue/Scout (skills don't run out).

Bye
Thanee

RigaMortus2

First Post
After some more time scouring the books, I think I finally nailed down what I want to play. I'm going to multiclass Warlock and Ninja (Human race). My focus will be on ranged sudden strikes. Using the Warlock's eldritch blast, combined with the Ninja's sudden strike ability. By character level 6, I'll have the Deadeye Shot feat so as long as my companions can hit their targets, I'll be able to Ready and make Ranged Eldritch Blast Sudden Strikes. Of course, I won't call them eldritch blasts, they'll be ki blasts :) just for flavor text reasons (like Ken, Ryu, Akuma, from Street Fighter video game).

I've been wanting to make a Warlock/Ninja for some time now, but the ranged sneak attacker has been severly lacking. With Deadeye Shot, this would now be a viable option. Glad I remembered it :)

So starting out, it will be something like:

Warlock 2 / Ninja 2
Human

(haven't distributed my points yet)
Str - Fifth Highest
Dex - First Highest
Con - Third Highest
Int - Fourth Highest
Wis - Second Highest
Cha - Sixth Highest

Invocations: Leaps and Bounds, See the Unseen
Class Abilities: Eldritch Blast 1d6, Detect Magic, Ki power 1+Wis/day, Sudden Strike +1d6, Trapfinding, AC Bonus (Wis), Ghost Step (invisible)
Feats: Point Blank Shot (Human bonus), Precise Shot (1st character level), ??? (3rd character level), Deadeye Shot (6th character level)

Hmmm, need a nice 3rd level feat...

Remove ads