• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Suicide Squad official trailer

[video=youtube;CmRih_VtVAs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmRih_VtVAs[/video]

Looks like fun,and did i see a nod to the 89 joker in there?

EDIT: I'm not 100% sold on Viola Davis as Amanda Waller,but that's mainly due to CCH Pounder's voice work.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Now this does look fun, I'm looking forward to it.

does this movie live in the same universe as Batman v Superman? I've heard that Batman may appear in a flashback.

horacethegrey

First Post
does this movie live in the same universe as Batman v Superman? I've heard that Batman may appear in a flashback.
This movie is part of the DC Cinematic Universe and Ben Affleck will appear as Batman in a cameo.

But back to the trailer, I was already for this film based on the casting and the first trailer alone, but that one made me giddy beyond all hope. :lol: I hope I'm proven wrong, but it really looks like a comicbook movie starring a bunch of supervillains is going to eclipse the first live action treatment of the DC Trinity. :hmm:

And I think the use of Bohemian Rhapsody is perfect. This movie looks to be a madhouse of a film, but underneath all that there's going to be some real tragedy there, mark my words.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
There is this rumor that says that Leto's Joker is actually Jason Todd who became crazy after the real Joker went nuts on him (see Batman v Superman trailer to see the violated Robin costume). I hope its true. Gangbanger Joker ain't doing it for me.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
My goodness, that looks good. I think this is going to be this year's Guardians of the Galaxy.

horacethegrey

First Post
There is this rumor that says that Leto's Joker is actually Jason Todd who became crazy after the real Joker went nuts on him (see Batman v Superman trailer to see the violated Robin costume). I hope its true. Gangbanger Joker ain't doing it for me.

:erm: Ugh. No offense. But I really hope this is false. Keep Jason Todd as far away from the movies as possible. And it wouldn't make sense agewise with the actors they've cast as Batman and Joker. Jared Leto is older than Ben Affleck by a year!

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow

yeah, thats an over thought fan speculation based on a couple of tatoos and a shoulder scar rather than a credible rumour. It would be interesting if its true and create a whole new motivation for future Batman movies, but I'm a bit sceptical

anyway did anyone notice that when Deadshot is doing the run down on the team roster he leaves out both Katana and Slipknot? Since Katana is usually a hero I wonder if she is there with Rick Flag rather than the Belle Reve inmates. I wonder too if the ommission is a bad sign for Slipknot - is he going to be the movies Plot sacrifice?

and is it sad the the movie about DCs villains is already looking 100 x better than the one about its A-List heroes?

imagine if DC was to switch gears and focus it's shared universe on Task Force X rather than the JLA!

Last edited:

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
:erm: Ugh. No offense. But I really hope this is false. Keep Jason Todd as far away from the movies as possible. And it wouldn't make sense agewise with the actors they've cast as Batman and Joker. Jared Leto is older than Ben Affleck by a year!

It isn't like credible age or race has ever stopped Hollywood.

When I first heard of this rumor I thought it was a refreshing take on Jason Todd and the Joker. Todd is clearly referenced in Bats v Sups. Having the Joker torture and brainwash Todd into becoming a Joker Lite is a original take on the character. It also presents the real Joker as mysterious and even more dangerous. Plus it makes Leto's Joker bareble.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm looking forward to this far more than Bats v. Supes.

It's not a contest for me. I'm looking forward to this, to BvS, to Rogue Squadron, to Deadpool, to Ghostbusters... hell, I'm just looking forward to seeing awesome genre movies all year long. I don't have to choose between them - I can watch them all! :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads