• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Suicide Squad official trailer

Ryujin

Legend
It's not a contest for me. I'm looking forward to this, to BvS, to Rogue Squadron, to Deadpool, to Ghostbusters... hell, I'm just looking forward to seeing awesome genre movies all year long. I don't have to choose between them - I can watch them all! :)

I used to go to roughly a movie a week but, a few years back, started putting most of my entertainment budget into supporting independent film. It looks like this year I'm going to have to supplement my budget, though, because there's so much interesting studio stuff finally coming out.

MechaPilot

Explorer
There is this rumor that says that Leto's Joker is actually Jason Todd who became crazy after the real Joker went nuts on him (see Batman v Superman trailer to see the violated Robin costume). I hope its true. Gangbanger Joker ain't doing it for me.

It's not even a rumor. It's a crap conspiracy theory whose points are, and have been, rebutted with great ease.

Rant/
For Christ's sake, I'm sick of all of these rumors that no one in DC's movies are who they are supposed to be. Eisenberg is Lex Luthor. Afleck is Bruce Wayne not Deathstroke. The Superman who confronted Batman in the recent "do you bleed clip" is actually Superman and not Bizarro. Leto is the Joker not Jason Todd.
/rant

MechaPilot

Explorer
When I first heard of this rumor I thought it was a refreshing take on Jason Todd and the Joker. Todd is clearly referenced in Bats v Sups. Having the Joker torture and brainwash Todd into becoming a Joker Lite is a original take on the character. It also presents the real Joker as mysterious and even more dangerous. Plus it makes Leto's Joker bareble.

To me, the rumor sounds like something people made up because they just can't admit to themselves that that is what the new Joker looks like, or because they think the video-game is somehow a tie-in to the films. There is literally nothing in the so-called evidence that points to Jason Todd being the Joker anymore than it points in other directions. Even the "J" scar in the video-game actually points away from Jason Todd being the Joker when you look at the two Js and the psychology that goes with them.

Looked good before with Trailer #1 and now we see how twisted it will be as trailer #2 is released. Another good summer for Hero movies

MechaPilot

Explorer
My goodness, that looks good. I think this is going to be this year's Guardians of the Galaxy.

I agree. I also think it's an interesting comparison that you've made to GotG on account of how the trailers for Suicide Squad have heavily integrated music and musical beats into the pacing of the trailers.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I agree. I also think it's an interesting comparison that you've made to GotG on account of how the trailers for Suicide Squad have heavily integrated music and musical beats into the pacing of the trailers.

I meant it more that it's the slightly off the main universe movie.

So it appears the Joker is to be the first villain. early but lets talk sequels.

Eclipso?

Earth 2?

Amazo? (obviously not as the main villain but his/her bodyguard type)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads