• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Suicide Squad official trailer

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
To me, the rumor sounds like something people made up because they just can't admit to themselves that that is what the new Joker looks like, or because they think the video-game is somehow a tie-in to the films. There is literally nothing in the so-called evidence that points to Jason Todd being the Joker anymore than it points in other directions. Even the "J" scar in the video-game actually points away from Jason Todd being the Joker when you look at the two Js and the psychology that goes with them.
Or maybe it is something you tell yourself because you can't admit you like the new Joker!

Rumors and speculation are sometimes right and sometimes wrong. Wanna do a compilation to show me that they are mostly wrong? Go ahead, but I'll be watching how you do your selection, madame.

MechaPilot

Explorer
Or maybe it is something you tell yourself because you can't admit you like the new Joker!

I love the new Joker. So far, for me, every film iteration of the Joker has been better than the ones that preceded them.

Rumors and speculation are sometimes right and sometimes wrong. Wanna do a compilation to show me that they are mostly wrong? Go ahead, but I'll be watching how you do your selection, madame.

No. I don't particularly feel like doing a full breakdown of each point of the theory. However, I will rebutt the J.

The theory is that the teardrop tattoo that Leto's Joker has is actually a J to reflect that he was marked by the Joker just like Jason Todd from the video game. However, the two Js are entirely different and this is why: size, placement, and nature.

Size and Placement:
The video game J is large and features prominently on the cheek. This is something that you would do to someone if you wanted them to always see the mark and remember it and you and what you did. By contrast, the movie J is very small, like an adornment, and is placed where a teardrop tattoo would naturally be placed.

Nature:
The video game J is a scar or brand, implying that it was inflicted upon Jason. The movie J is a tattoo with variations of shading that requires more compliance than the simple scar/brand would; this implies that it was voluntarily received.

Ryujin

Legend
A plant or an alien or a loveraftian horror seems to be the vilain when you look at the trailer frame by frame. http://io9.gizmodo.com/everything-we-pieced-together-from-the-frenetic-suicide-1753955725

All of this is making me think that they'll be doing origin stories for at least some of the characters, before they kick things off. I don't recall seeing Joker in the group scenes so he could just be brought in as part of Harley's origin, along with the car chase scene that was shot near where I work.

Kramodlog

I love the new Joker.

thescream.jpg

Kramodlog

All of this is making me think that they'll be doing origin stories for at least some of the characters, before they kick things off.
And flashbacks during the film.

I don't recall seeing Joker in the group scenes so he could just be brought in as part of Harley's origin, along with the car chase scene that was shot near where I work.
I think he mostly will be, but then there is that scene with her in an elevator waving goodbye. I wouldn't be surprised if she sets him free. Like the good battered wife that she is.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads