• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Superman < Batman < Iron Man

delericho

Legend
Unless they've made it not canon (I can't keep up), Batman would always win against Superman... and Superman set it up that way. Gave Batman some Kryptonite so that Batman could act as a check and balance against him.

Problem being that if Superman were to go bad, he'd know Batman had that Kryptonite and so be ready with counter-measures. Such as, for example, going and ripping out that lead-lined safe Bruce keeps it in before he's able to go tool up with it.

He's not the smartest cookie, Superman, even when he's trying to outwit himself.

CaptainGemini

First Post
Problem being that if Superman were to go bad, he'd know Batman had that Kryptonite and so be ready with counter-measures. Such as, for example, going and ripping out that lead-lined safe Bruce keeps it in before he's able to go tool up with it.

He's not the smartest cookie, Superman, even when he's trying to outwit himself.

Too true!!!

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow

which is why he gave it to Batman, Batman has contingencies for is contingencies, so we can be sure that the lead safe isn't the only place to find kryptonite or maybe its kryptonite laced lead - lets see if the real writers use that idea:)

For cross-overs I would still love to see Batman vs the Black Panther. Very similar in wealth, power (lack there of) and master strategist for their respected universe.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus

Batman knows that, which is why it wouldn't be in the place Superman knows about. However, Superman ripping out the decoy safe would alert Batman that it's time to put Superman down.

delericho

Legend
Batman knows that, which is why it wouldn't be in the place Superman knows about. However, Superman ripping out the decoy safe would alert Batman that it's time to put Superman down.

I was mostly joking, but if we're taking it seriously Evil Superman wouldn't go after the safe at all. Instead, the very first thing he'd do (before his evil-ness became known) would be to arrange to meet Bruce for coffee (or similar) and take him out with heat vision. The main effect of giving Bruce the Kryptonite is to paint a huge target on him in case of Evil Superman issues.

Of course, the other problem with the Kryptonite countermeasure is that while it may protect against Evil Superman issues, it only compounds and potential Evil Batman issues. And let's not pretend that couldn't happen.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I was mostly joking, but if we're taking it seriously Evil Superman wouldn't go after the safe at all. Instead, the very first thing he'd do (before his evil-ness became known) would be to arrange to meet Bruce for coffee (or similar) and take him out with heat vision. The main effect of giving Bruce the Kryptonite is to paint a huge target on him in case of Evil Superman issues.

Of course, the other problem with the Kryptonite countermeasure is that while it may protect against Evil Superman issues, it only compounds and potential Evil Batman issues. And let's not pretend that couldn't happen.

huh, yeah as if Batman is going to accept an invitation to meet the big boy scout for coffee. Batmangets the strange invitation and goes in and tags Clark with a tracker, sets up a cordone and stakes out the cafe while Clark arrives and waits.

As for evil Batman, we have no chance anyway. It's not as if he's going to be obviously evil, he'll destroy all opposition via systematic schemes that nobody expects

delericho

Legend
huh, yeah as if Batman is going to accept an invitation to meet the big boy scout for coffee.

They work together in the Justice League. I would assume they have at least some not-world-saving interactions. Indeed, they must have - at least enough for Supes to trust Batman enough to give him the Kryptonite in the first place.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
They work together in the Justice League. I would assume they have at least some not-world-saving interactions. Indeed, they must have - at least enough for Supes to trust Batman enough to give him the Kryptonite in the first place.

Batman regularly growls at Supes telling him "get out of my city" and "I work alone", his standard MO is surly tactiurn loner and he has been shown a few times as not showing up to JL 'meetings', standing aloof from the others during social interactions and conducting his own operations behind the backs of his 'team' mates.

if irc Batman tells Supes that the JLA is the contigency against evil Batman and thats enough for Supes to hand over the krytonite, however I don't think Batman trusts Superman (or anyone else), he knows the JLA is useful and the JLA recognise that Batman gets results and so they balance

delericho

Legend
Batman regularly growls at Supes telling him "get out of my city" and "I work alone", his standard MO is surly tactiurn loner

Sure, but 'regularly' doesn't mean "all the time". They've worked together often enough, and well enough, that he wouldn't immediately jump to full-on Ackbar mode. He may be paranoid, but he's not completely incapable of dealing with others.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads