Supernatural

brehobit

Explorer
OK,
The Draconic Breath feat in CA allows one to fire off a breath weapon as a Supernatural ability. In the case of my PC that would allow for a 30' cone of fire which does 2d6 damage per spell level used. (Reflex for half).

Two questions.
Su abilities require no components, so one could in theory use this while gagged and tied down right? I'd probably say if the casters mouth was forced shut (say taped shut) he couldn't use this ability....

Is this feat way too powerful? I mean it doesn't draw AoO, it can't be disrupted and I'm assuming there is no SR. The Su descriptor makes an otherwise aready powerful feat quite nasty. Am I missing something?

Prism

Explorer
The two things that I feel help balance this feat is that its prereq isn't a great feat to take for a sorcerer who gets no bonus feats. Secondly the breath does not scale with caster level so if you take a 6th level sorcerer for example with lightening bolt they do 6d6 damage and with the breath they do 6d6 damage - both cost a 3rd level slot. When the same character is 10th the lightening bolt is doing 10d6 for its 3rd level slot, whereas it costs the sorcerer a 5th level slot to do the same with their breath. The fact that the breath is supernatural certainly improves it and hopefully brings it back on a par with simply casting a spell

Remove ads