• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sweet Cheezus

Duke Arioch

First Post
Since the summer holidays kicked off, free time no longer presents the problem for me (being Assistant Professor on college). My Bear-brother progresses well, but an opportunity for another game presented itself and I mean to seize it.
This one is set in Eberron (which I like), will be a rather small party (which is fine) and one of the players, who is a munchkin-lord plays a druid/planar cheese (horrible). The third (and final) player will play warforged barbarian or similar tank optimized for trips/standstills and such.
Now, I decided to try to cheese this one out to the max, and since the party lacks arcanists I want to make a sorcerer. A kobold sorcerer. A dragonwrought kobold sorcerer. You see where this is going XD
So, we start at level 6 at which point I will cast as lvl 9 sorcerer (greater draconic rite+loredrake). If that isn't cheesy enough, I am lvl 5 sorc/1 incantatar.
The plan is to build something like this: sorcerer5/incantatar3/mindbender1/incantatar7/escalation mage4.
On level 6 I have iron will (req), extend spell, dragonwrought (duh), 2 flaws (weak will offset by iron will munch and inatentive), reserves of strength (dragonlance goody), draconic reservoir (charm person) and persistent (incantatar 1). My stats with 32pt buy and being lvl 6 are STR 8, DEX 16, CON 12, INT 18, WIS 11, CHA 20 (can't take desert variant because of eberron has 2 types of kobolds surface and khyber, both with same stats).
Now to the matter. I spoke with our tank and told him what I wanna do with this: make planar shepherd cry. I got his support in teaching him a lesson, and, hopefully, start a normal game afterwards. Before you judge us, we DID try to speak with him and ran into a wall. He is a good friend of ours, has great imagination and we would hate to lose him. So, we will give one more try - this time fighting fire with fire.
What would you add to this to make it even more horrible? Disgustingly horrible. I picked out the best (imho) spells with one exception: repair (warforged love). Some feats are open, and some class levels can be changed if you find better ones. Thx in advance.

Duke Arioch

First Post
Hmm... What about sorcerer domain option? I would lose 1 1st and 1 2nd level spell known and gain 1 domain (I can use one spell slot to cast domain spell 1/day/level) and gain domain power. If you think it is okay, which domain is a strong option? I was thinking (for fluff reasons) Shadow domain (Eberron CS) which gives Blind-fight (useless) and shadow evocation/shadow conjuration chain, culminating with shades, plus some other goodies. Any other good pick? Celerity or travel seem good too, but I am thinking of following The Shadow deity (shadow dragon fluff).

Duke Arioch

First Post
IT WORKED!! LOL!
So, he saw what cheese can do, and gave up on druid altogether, let alone planar shepherd. So, we are going to play a normal game after all.
Now I am thinking of playing changeling duskblade with recaster to gain 2 spells. Is it okay? I don't want to break the game the way the guy intended to. He will take favored soul (probably human) and take on melee/buff/emergency heals. Warforged barbarian finishes this group of 3.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
Now I am thinking of playing changeling duskblade with recaster to gain 2 spells. Is it okay? I don't want to break the game the way the guy intended to.
Compared to what you guys were tossing around before, this is fine.
Duskblade is a good class (What, tier 3?) and Recaster is going to allow you to no doubt pick 2 sweet spells, but at the cost of BAB progression and a caster level. Whatever it is you add, considering the losses, you're nowhere near broken. 3/day swift spells and sudden Metamagic are pretty sweet for the Duskblade. Are you going to level 4 or all 5? Because the space spell adjustments would be neat with a Duskblade.

I'm curious though, what 2 spells are you considering picking up?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads