• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sword-Chucks

Thalias

First Post
For anyone who has ever read 8-bit theather a very excellent web comic of Final Fantasy 1.

I give you...

Sword-Chucks
35GP 1d6/1d6/1d4 19-20/x3 10ft 13lb. Slashing
Sword-Chucks are a rare double or triple weapon. They can be flung as a bolis doing 2d6 points of damage, and 1d4 for each round they remain bound to the neck or they can be used in melee. When thrown they do x3 with a successful critical hit. In melee they can be used as two short swords with a minus two penalty because of the chain. When use this way the critical is only x2.

Arc

First Post
Hmmm... seems pretty good. I think there should be some sort of extra bad critical failure rule though. Just for kicks.

Last edited:

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
This is a House Rule. Conversions is a place for conversions of spells and modules from previous editions.
But now on topic...

They aren't very good. I'm sorry, but they aren't. No weapon has so many bizarre rules surrounding it. No weapon deals more damage when thrown. And how can swordchcks be a triple weapon?

Demiurge out.

Arc

First Post
demiurge1138 said:
No weapon has so many bizarre rules surrounding it.
See, the point is that the fighter using them can't comprehend the rules governing the weapon, so he needs to ask his DM about it every round. Every round. Especially when thrown, critted, or used while standing 1 footed in a bowl of jello. It'll eventually drive the DM to suicided.

Really, it's quite an efficient weapon, but only for hunting DMs :)

Remove ads