System for GI Joe

Torm

Explorer
Feng Shui

That's what I'm using to run a G.I. Joe game at the upcoming NC Game Day. Of course, I'm going for more of the cheesy cartoon feel. If you want the grim and gritty comic book feel, Spycraft would probably be excellent. :)

Zinuk

First Post
There is also a G.I.*Joe D20 netbook (for d20 Modern, I'm afraid) available at Aleshandre's House (in case it's down: mirror). It has new starting occupations, a whole new lot of advanced classes and stats for nearly all of the villains.

For running any GI Joe d20 (well, level based, so excluding M&M), here's a little shorthand conversion I came up with. (Basing this off the old 80's and early 90's GI Joe line, so for counting re-issues, I didn't use the modern ones)

To determine the character level of any character, go to their file card.

GI Joe:
Level = Enlisted Pay Grade OR Officer Pay Grade +3, +1 to level for each additional re-issue of the character with a later set (Snake Eyes wins big here, for example).

Cobra:
Leaders (Named/Unique Characters): Base of 6th level (or if equivalent rank is given, like Major Bludd, use it instead), +1 for each additional re-issue. +1 if they were the actual leader of all of COBRA at any point (Serpentor or Cobra Commander). If they are explicitly commanders of a specific type of minion (Tomax and Xamot, Night Creeper Leader, they are at least 2 levels above the level of their minions).

Minions (Ordinaries/NPC classes): Rated by how many promotions in type they have, normally.
Even Elite Minions (Elite versions of the Elite): Crimson Guard Immortals, Python Crimson Guard = 10th Level
Elite Minions (anything by definition elite, or promoted from Third Tier): Crimson Guard, Night Creepers = 8th Level
Third Tier Minions (Whatever are promoted up from Second Tier Minions) = Hydro Vipers, Strato Vipers = 6th Level
Second Tier Minion (Anything above the absolute bottom, or promoted from First Tier): Air Vipers, EELS, SAW Vipers, Motor Vipers, Neo-Vipers, Cobra Officers (old school) = 4rd Level
First Tier Minion (Entry level positions, or very low quality minions): Viper's, BAT's, Cobra Trooper's (very old school) = 2nd Level

Remove ads