• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Taint in Pathfinder

Summer-Knight925

First Post
I am going to be starting the minicampaign of Ravenloft with a group and I want to have taint rules in there. And insanity (if it comes up).

Which rules do you feel best fit taint?
Just use the 3.5 Heroes of Horror taint rules?

Obryn

Hero
Apropos of nothing, my players are in their 30's and still giggle when I say "taint."

Anyway, if you have access to d20 Call of Cthulhu, the insanity rules there basically a direct port from BRP Call of Cthulhu. It works just fine, so long as you aren't afraid of percentiles and either give out Sanity rewards on occasion or prepare for the PCs to be drooling idiots after a few adventures.

Matthias

Explorer
I can't immediately recall whether there are any substantial differences between COC/UA taint rules and 3.0 Oriental Adventures, but you might try looking at OA as well as Book of Vile Darkness (3.0) for some inspiration

And if your players can't take a simple word without getting puerile about it, make a very public example of what it can do using a likable NPC ]:)

Remove ads