Take A Look At The DUNE Character Sheet!

Modiphius has shared the Dune: Adventures in the Imperium character sheet. The preview packages which come with pre-orders have been updated with these in PDF format (including a printer-friendly version).

Modiphius has shared the Dune: Adventures in the Imperium character sheet. The preview packages which come with pre-orders have been updated with these in PDF format (including a printer-friendly version).

dune_ch_1.jpg

Feepdake

Explorer
Yes, this looks pretty narrative. Not my style.
2d20 games are not what most would consider narrative nor are they storygames. They incorporate some narrative elements in their mechanics, that's all.

ruemere

Adventurer
Drives/Values? Skills? Assets? It looks almost like a Cortex game.
That's third game I see recently that follows similar approach to stats. Works nice (in my experience) as long as the players have an incentive not use the same combo for different tasks.

lyle.spade

Adventurer
I took part in the closed playtest and I am okay with saying that it's definitely on the narrative end of 2d20. Conan is crunchy; Star Trek Adventures less-so; Dune is farther along that continuum away from detailed crunch and toward descriptive narrative play. Whether you dig that or not is personal, obviously, but for what it's worth I think the rules modeled a vibe that felt right for Dune. And I am a fan of both Conan and Star Trek Adventures, in part because of how the core system has been modified to fit those IPs.

Otherwise, just watch this video and you'll be okay.

And what you might think of that Dune movie is immaterial here; Iron Maiden makes everything wonderful.

Remove ads

Remove ads