• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tales of the eldeen reaches

Bront

The man with the probe
"Silver won't get us lost. I believe in her." Stulgar says in a reasuring voice. "We have a few days ahead of us till I mist cover our tracks. Thing will make sense eventualy, but for now, we must trust in ourselves and in Scarfang's word."

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Ranvar said:
"Either they'll make sense as they become important, or we'll try our best and do our worst. No point complaining about it now. On we go."
Stulgar said:
"Thing will make sense eventually, but for now, we must trust in ourselves and in Scarfang's word."

Roral throws childishly annoyed looks back at Ranvar and Stulgar as they mention this to him on their hike through the woods. He turns quiet and sulks as they continue their march forward. His thoughts turn dark as his mind races.

'Hrumph! No point in complaining? Easy for them to say... they LIKE it out here. This is just stupid... walking around for no purpose. If Scarfang wants me to fight, then send me to fight! If he wants a diversion so others can fight... send me home and let the nature-lovers go traipsing through the trees! Stupid, stupid, stup--'

And of course, since he wasn't paying attention he catches his metal boot on another root, and falls face-first to the ground once more!

** CLANG!! **

'ARRRRRRRGGGGGHHH!!! BY THE LION'S MANE!!!'

He lies there for a second, then rolls over and pulls himself to a sitting position. He sits there in a blackened mood, refusing to get back to his feet until the rest of the group catches up.

Ozmar

First Post
Silver doubles-back to Roral, attempting to move up on him swiftly and silently. She appears on top of him, in his face, while he lies on the ground. She's snarling, having shifted to her dreamsight form. In her Rage, she grabs Roral's shirt with intense strength. "Outbursts like that will bring whatever is chasing us down on our position!", she hisses in an angry whisper. "Do you want to get us all killed?! If Scarfang cannot handle them, what hope do you think we'll have? What hope do you think YOU'LL have on your -"

Abruptly, she draws back, as if surprised by her words. A look of fear and embarassment passes her eyes as she shifts back. She then turns and runs away from Roral, moving back to the lead position. She's very quiet for a while, and slows her pace to ensure that Ranvar can keep up.

Last edited:

DrZombie

First Post
Amidst all the shouting and arguing, stulgar notices "something" in the woods behind the party aiming a crossbow at the group. It is a four-armed creature, twisted, with a nightmarish face. Two of it's arms are manipulating the crossbow, and it holds a morningstar and a shield in the other two. A dribble of drool comes out of the corner of it's two mouths.
A few yards back another creature is loading it's crossbow.

Ranvar Sees movement in the back, and feels the adrenalin rising in his chest as he realises they're about to be attacked.

Initiative please.

DrZombie

First Post
..........T......T......T...
........1...T.........T.....
........T....................
........T....4...........T.
..............5T.............
....T......T................
.....................T.......
...T..........T...........Y
.............X......T....T..
............T........T......
...............T............T

X enemy 1
Y Enemy 2

1 Silver
2 Caw
3 Umbra
4 Roral
5 Ranvar
6 Stulgar

Stullgar : full round
Ranvar partial

If sulgar wins initiative and gives warning the rest will have a partial action as well.
Evryone but Stulgar is flat-footed.

Bront

The man with the probe
Stulgar 10/10 HP, AC 16

Stulgar pulses with adreline, as his legs become stronger, swifter, and his traits more animalistic. He calls out, in a much more gutteral voice "Attack!", as he draws his double axe and charges the form, hoping to get to it before his friends are attacked.

OOC: Shifting upon seeing the crossbow - Init:20, Charging up to 80', Attack - Double Axe +4,+2 charge / 1d8+3 / 20x3, AC: 14 till next turn

Edit: Charging X (Wasn't a map when I was initialy posting, sneaky)

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Roral 13/13 HP, AC 19 [unshifted]

Silver said:
"Outbursts like that will bring whatever is chasing us down on our position! Do you want to get us all killed?! If Scarfang cannot handle them, what hope do you think we'll have? What hope do you think YOU'LL have on your -"

As Silver steps back away from him, Roral's eyes can be seen to be rather wide. He certainly wasn't expecting to be chastized by the female, and especially not with the rage with which she did it. Roral sits there and doesn't say anything, as he's a bit afraid of what Silver might do to him if he did.

Suddenly, Roral hears Stulgar shout out "Attack" from further down the trail. He immediately spins around to see what is going on, and catches a look at the two four-armed creatures aiming crossbows in their direction.

'Holy--!!!'

Roral ((Initiative [6] + 0 = 6))

If Roral receives a partial action during the surprise round, he will use it to get back on his feet as a Move Action (and also shift, if shifting's a free action - I can't remember whether it is or not.)

If Stulgar's warning was not fast enough and Roral does not receive a partial action, then I'll give my first round's action after I see how the surprise round plays out.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Ranvar reacts just after Stulgar, seeing motion out of the corner of his eye. Ranvar darts toward another form in response to Stulgar's charge, bringing his shield foward and reaching for his holy symbol.

[sblock]Initiative: 13. Move 20 ft. toward baddy Y.[/sblock]

Krug

Newshound
Caw, AC 13, HP 6

Caw spies the enemy and goes into action. He spins around and casts a spell. A raven black missile shoots out at the nearest enemy.
Are these the beings that killed Scarfang? And what manner of beasts are they?
--
Initiative: 12 +3 =15
Magic Missile: 2 +1 = 3 points damage.

Last edited:

Ozmar

First Post
Silver, HP 15/15, AC 14

Silver spins at the cry and runs back towards the rear, drawing her axe. "S***!" she mutters to herself. She closes with the enemy, bringing her axe to bear on the nearest foe.

[sblock]
Initiative: 14

Not raging yet (and I'm hoping/assuming that she's not winded from her previous rage, since this is a "new scene").

She's taking a double-move (speed 40) to the opponent at X, and drawing her axe as part of her move. If she has enough movement, she'll move to the side to set up a flanking position with any allies who are there or likely to engage.
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads