• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tales of the Grey Coast (IC)

PhoenixAsh

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
"Travelling is fun, for a while. But when it's all you're doing and you have no home to return to it's not so much fun anymore Jenna." She says as she accepts the plum from her new acquaintance. "No ship. I've been walking for a long time so your seed is far from the worst thing I've had on these boots." Taking a bite out of the plum, the juice runs out over her lips and down her chin. "Mmmmmm..."

Jenna's expression falters, "I dare say your right. You know, I should write home. I mean I absolutely hate writing, but I should. But it's been, gods, six years! What do you say after that long? And why bother when you’re... you’re never coming back. I don't even know if my folks are still alive, honestly."

She feels a dampness on her cheek and realizes its a tear. She rubs it away quickly, then runs a hand through her unruly auburn hair. "Sorry," she finishes. "I don't cry. Usually. It's just been that kind of morning. I'm making a fine impression I'm sure."

She notices the plum juice running down Roxanne's chin and laughs a little, more out of relief for something else to consider than the wreck of her life than anything else, "Just chew it whole Roxanne, it's too much a mess otherwise. At least now you understand why I spit out the seed, though it doesn't make up for me selecting your boot as a target.

Nazhkandrias

First Post
Felix shakes his head at the disapproval of Caramip and Hedowin. "While they may be dangerous, they can still be controlled. If one of these creatures were to be forced or coerced into doing something favorable for those concerned, wouldn't that solve two equally potent problems? There is one less fiend wreaking havoc on the world, at least for the time being, and a purpose is achieved. True, the risks are indeed great..." Felix looks solemnly at Caramip. "...But I will take the burden upon myself to ensure that the beasts be controlled. It is a risk I am willing to, and able to, take. Cunning they may be, but they are not beyond my control." Felix pauses momentarily. "As for what I seek, I seek only that order be brought to the world, and that no man or woman should have to live in fear of Fiendish armies under Diabolic masters." There are better masters to be had, he thinks to himself.

Felix follows Hedowin to the fruit stall, and looks at the wares. "A fine selection. I have some spare coin on me, and I insist upon treating the two of you." Felix raises an imaginary glass with a slight grin. "To companions, both old and new."

A Crazy Fool

First Post
OOC: Sorry I was slow to post

Felix, Caramip, Hedowin:

The merchant looks up at the three of you. He seems alarmed to see people as bizare-looking as Hedowin and Caramip. "What is it you want to buy today?" he asks, his tone of voice seems to suggest that he thinks you'll ask him for something utterly ridiculous like boiled rocks.

Jena, Roxanne:

You see several strange people approaching the fruit stand Jenna was at a moment earlier. One looks like a walking pile of hair. Because you are accustomed to looking at eye-level for humans, it takes you a moment to see it is a female gnome. You also see two scholarly-looking men, one is still wearing his nightshirt.

Herb:

"Hello, good sir, may I interest you in any of my wares. I have many magical things, potions, trinkets, what is it you're looking for."

kinem

Adventurer
Herb replies to the 'wizard' "I am a merchant, and occasionally have had some small dealings with items reputed to be magical. Yet I find such things difficult to appraise, though I am endeavoring to learn what I can of magic. Might you have some device capable of measuring the magic of other items?"

A Crazy Fool

First Post
Herb:

"Hmm...I have many potions and scrolls for that sort of work. I could make a set of spectacles for you, perhaps, but it would take some time."

(This merchant seems surprisingly honest.)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Caramip, female gnome wu jen with raven familiar Quork.

Nazhkandrias said:
Felix shakes his head at the disapproval of Caramip and Hedowin. "While they may be dangerous, they can still be controlled. If one of these creatures were to be forced or coerced into doing something favorable for those concerned, wouldn't that solve two equally potent problems? There is one less fiend wreaking havoc on the world, at least for the time being, and a purpose is achieved. True, the risks are indeed great..." Felix looks solemnly at Caramip. "...But I will take the burden upon myself to ensure that the beasts be controlled. It is a risk I am willing to, and able to, take. Cunning they may be, but they are not beyond my control." Felix pauses momentarily. "As for what I seek, I seek only that order be brought to the world, and that no man or woman should have to live in fear of Fiendish armies under Diabolic masters." There are better masters to be had, he thinks to himself.

Felix follows Hedowin to the fruit stall, and looks at the wares. "A fine selection. I have some spare coin on me, and I insist upon treating the two of you." Felix raises an imaginary glass with a slight grin. "To companions, both old and new."
"Tweach his own," Caramip says. "Though you are quick to take on the risks for your own gain, eh? Let it never be said you were a man afraid of power.

"My good merchant, let me have three starfruit and a good slice of quiche." Upon getting her fruit, she toasts Ferrix and Hedowin with them.

"To new minds, new words, and new ways."

"And free food!" Quork adds loudly.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Nodding to Jenna as she pushes the rest of the plum into her mouth to chew, Roxanne finishes the piece of fruit in silence and then in a bout of playfulness she spit the seed out to bounce off Jenna's foot. Wiping her mouth with the back of her right hand, she says with a smile "There. Now we're even Jenna, except that now I owe you for the fruit. I think that was my first plum ever. I usually stick to apples and oranges. Don't worry at all about your first impression, last time I checked crying a bit wasn't illegal..." she looks around in mock nervousness "...unless it IS illegal here in Greyport." Laughing, she reaches out to pat Jenna on the shoulder in reassurance. "If I were you, I would write home while you can. Take me word for it, you will never know when your last words to your parents will be until it is too late. I hope for your sake that six years is not too late to reach them again, even if you never plan on going home."

kinem

Adventurer
A Crazy Fool said:
Herb:

"Hmm...I have many potions and scrolls for that sort of work. I could make a set of spectacles for you, perhaps, but it would take some time."

Herb replies "Perhaps. I appreciate your honesty, sir. Not all of the merchants out here can be trusted, can they?

Tell me sir, how comes a wizard to work selling items at the market?

It would seem a waste to have to use up one item just to check out another. As for the spectacles, how much would you charge? Although ... I would be more grateful if you can point me to the best way to help me learn how to do it myself. I assure you, I would not forget you when appropriate business opportunities arise.
"

PhoenixAsh

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
Nodding to Jenna as she pushes the rest of the plum into her mouth to chew, Roxanne finishes the piece of fruit in silence and then in a bout of playfulness she spit the seed out to bounce off Jenna's foot. Wiping her mouth with the back of her right hand, she says with a smile "There. Now we're even Jenna, except that now I owe you for the fruit. I think that was my first plum ever. I usually stick to apples and oranges. Don't worry at all about your first impression, last time I checked crying a bit wasn't illegal..." she looks around in mock nervousness "...unless it IS illegal here in Greyport." Laughing, she reaches out to pat Jenna on the shoulder in reassurance. "If I were you, I would write home while you can. Take me word for it, you will never know when your last words to your parents will be until it is too late. I hope for your sake that six years is not too late to reach them again, even if you never plan on going home."

Jenna's laughter is more genuine as the seed bounces off of her boot, but she listens to Roxanne's advice on writing home seriously. "You're right. So right. Its not like my folks were bad to me or anything, I just had to get away. They probably deserve better. Good thing I wasn't an only child," she smirks.

"Apples and oranges, huh? Nothing wrong with that. There are a lot of varieties of apples, you can have a lot of different tastes just going between them. And I love oranges! But since you've traveled this whole way you should sample some new things. I'll show you what to buy, you don't want something over or under ripe. When it comes to food, first impressions are everything. That's true for a lot of things, actually," Jenna smiles reflectively. She takes Roxanne's arm and urges her back towards her favored fruit vendor, excited with the idea of a little more fruit shopping, now that she has some company.

She blinks as she takes no more than a few steps and spots an odd trio with the merchant, and her steps come up short. She takes them in for a minute, particularly the gnome with the spiraling hair. She collects herself and nods sagely, speaking softly for her new acquaintance's ears alone, "Arcanist's I'm sure of it. What else could they be, a group like that? We'll have to wait for them."

Looking around and lowering her voice another octave, she speaks seriously as if to impart a great secret, "Do you know, there are only two kinds of magic-users?"

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Really? What two kinds?" Roxanne asks, waiting for the punchline while looking at the three in line before them. One of them still had on a nightshirt here in public, and the gnome's hair was unbelievably long. Roxanne thought that her shoulder length hair was too warm in this heat. That poor gnome must be sweltering.

Remove ads