• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

TallIan

Explorer
Womford
Day 5 Early Morning

"Salmon Rock? Shoalar looks surprised, "There is nothing there. Yer lookin for a long walk home or summing?" He pauses for a few minutes then says, "It's only a mile or so farther than Riverguard. I'll tell yer what, I'll drop yer off, head back ta unload, then come pick yer up, pro'lly a couple o' hours later.

You can't quite place your finger on why, but you're not sure he's telling the truth. Sholar's demeanour is suddenly artificially friendly, as opposed to closed off and malicious.

Thateous

Explorer
J.V. speaks up, "That won't be necessary. You mentioned earlier you have other stops past Riverguard and we don't wish to inconvenience with our presence any longer than absolutely necessary."

J.V. turns to Duran and telepathically states "I wish for one these brigands to make a wrong move towards any of us. I will twist their mind to point of lunacy, which now that i think about it, probably wouldn't be too far of a stretch."

Last edited:

TallIan

Explorer
Womford
Day 5 Morning

"Well aren't you a !Little defensive"
Shoalar says with his typical sarcasm, "Just tryin ta make my guests feel welcome. It's a long walk back ta civilisation is all, mind ya, yer seems pretty well prepared." he finishes, surveying your equipment.

He makes a slight adjustment to your course as Pike heads off for the bow, barking orders at one of the crew about being lazy.

You continue on past Riverguard, then Shoalar shouts a little too load, "We're here![\B]. There is a clatter of wood, a splash and the sound of steel being drawn as Pike throws the anchor overboard and the four crew ship thier poles and draw swords.

GM: The Rivermaid is 40ft long and 18 wide, there is a raised central hold that occupies a third of the boat with a narrow walk way each side. There is also a tiny cabin at the bow and stern formed by a raised platform. Pike is at the bow and Shoalar is at the rear, with the other crew members each at a corner of the hold.

Roll initiative and anything higher than 16 can go.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer

TallIan

Explorer
GM:
OOC: Sorry this is a bit later than the last post, I got interrupted

Enemies

[SBLOCK=SHOALAR QUANDERIL]
Medium humanoid (water genasi), lawful evil
Armour Class 10(13 with mage armour)
Hit Points 60 (8d8 + 24)
Speed 30 ft., swim 30 ft.

STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
11 (+0) 12 (+1) 16 (+3) 14 (+2) 10 (+0) 17 (+3)

Skills Arcana +4, Deception +5, Insight +2, Persuasion +5
Damage Resistances acid
Senses passive Perception 10
Languages Aquan, Common
Challenge 4 (1,100 XP)
Amphibious. Shoalar can breathe air and water.

Innate Spellcasting. Shoalar's innate spellcasting ability is Constitution (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). He can innately cast the following spells
At will: shape water*
1/day: create or destroy water

Spellcasting. Shoalar is a 5th-level spellcaster. His spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). He knows the following sorcerer spells
Cantrips (at will): acid splash, chill touch, friends, prestidigitation, ray of frost
1st level (4 slots): disguise self, mage armour, magic missile
2nd level (3 slots): hold person, misty step
3rd level (2 slots): tidal wave*

ACTIONS
Dagger. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft. or
ranged 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 3 (ld4 + 1) piercing damage.

A plump water genasi armed with a jovial manner and biting sense of humor, Shoalar Quanderil seems like the
last person one would expect to be a cruel member of a destructive cult. Nevertheless, Shoalar is the captain of
a pirate ship that harries the Sword Coast, and a high ranking Crushing Wave cultist. He sees Olhydra's power
as a means to making himself as rich as possible.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Pike]
Medium humanoid (any race), any non-good alignment
Armor Class 11 (leather armor)
Hit Points 32 (Sd8 + 10)
Speed 30 ft.
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
15 (+2)11 (+0) 14 (+2) 10 (+0) 10 (+0) 11 (+0)

Skills Intimidation +2
Languages any one language (Common)
Challenge 1/2 (100 XP)

Pack Tactics. Pike has advantage on an attack roll against a creature if at least one of Pile's allies is within 5 feet of the creature and the ally isn't incapacitated.

ACTIONS
Multiattack. Pike makes two melee attacks.
Mace. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 5 (1d6 + 2) bludgeoning damage.
Heavy Crossbow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +2 to hit, range 100/400 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d10) piercing damage.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=River Pirate]
Medium humanoid (any race), any non-lawful alignment
Armor Class 12 (leather armor)
Hit Points 11 (2d8 + 2)
Speed 30ft.
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
11 (+0) 12 (+1) 12 (+1) 10 (+0) 10 (+0) 10 .(+O)

Languages any one language (Common)
Challenge 1/8 (25 XP)

ACTIONS
Scimitar. Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 4 (1d6 + 1) slashing damage.
Light Crossbow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, range 80 ft./320ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d8 + 1) piercing damage.[/SBLOCK]

TallIan

Explorer
GM: It's fairly sluggish around waking pace, but would carry them away of they didn't cling to the boat or move and dash to stay level (assuming swimming at half speed) . It would however require an athletics check to get back into the boat.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Remove ads