D&D 5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ed598l.jpg

Womford/Salmon Rock
Day 5/Midday
Round 0

Errol glanced at Ilvelios and Nariah. “Tie him up while we rest,” he told them as he secured the boat to the shore. “Talk to him then. Make him understand that if we see him again, he dies.”

Errol settled down in the brush where they formed a small, temporary camp, offering words of encouragement to his companions.

OOC: Everyone gets 6 thp from Inspiring Leader.

Rolling hit dice for short rest:
Short rest hit die: 1D10+2 = [7]+2 = 9

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Errol Dax
Inspiration: 1
AC: 16
HP: 36/36+6 thp HD: 3/4d10
Superiority Dice: (4/4/R @ d8 DC 14) (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 35
Bolts: 23
Action Surge (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+4)
Inspiring Leader (1/R 6)*
[/sblock]

TallIan

Explorer
Desairn Valley, near Salmon Rock
Midday

The party secures the boat as best they can and made a temporary camp. Nariah spends some time trying to get some information out of Pike, it is quickly apparent that his loyalty only extends as far as his purse. “I work fer Shoalar on his boat, we keep der pirates unner control, for a fee from der more honest sailors. Der is another boat what does der same. Both Cap’ns work for Jolly, he controls Riverguard, keepin der bandits at bay too, also for a fee from farmers an’ travellers. Twenty or thirty all told, but I never seem 'em all der at once.

“Jolly’s a strange one, keeps some pet bugears and has some weird priest lady, Drosnin I think, sellin’ us stories o’ the power o’ der great wave and der purity o’ water and some nonsense. Jolly’s tough – yer gotta be ter keep dem lot unner control, I wouldna want ter meets him in a dark alley, but he’d just take yer money maybe give yer a beating, that priest lady though...”
he shivers but doesn’t finish his sentence.

Seemingly done, he alternates worried glances at Errol and pleading ones at Nariah, clearly believing that he has an ally in her.

Azurewraith

Explorer
Duran sighs"Why does it always have to be crazy people that start cults, never anyone reasonable" Duran strokes the head of Draan his faithful hound muttering something to him about how animals are allegedly the savage ones.

TallIan

Explorer
Midday

Pike looks thoughtful for a minute before apparently coming to a conclusion. "Fair 'nuff. he says, wriggling slightly before realising he's tied up. "Yer'll go one way I'll go t'other. I'd shake on it but..."

Yavathol

Explorer
Ilvelios smiled, relieved that Pike had been informative and reasonable. Smoothly standing from his meditation posture, he glided towards the halfling and untied him.

"I suggest you go that way," he indicated, and waited until Pike was out of sight, before turning back to the others. "From what I heard, hidden entrance is in this direction.." He disappeared into the trees, before remembering that his companions were less used to the undergrowth, and slowed so that they could keep sight of him.

TallIan

Explorer
Afternoon

The party spends some time recovering from the fight with Shoalar, getting some information from the captured Pike before sending him off with a threat. Once he’s gone you head off in search of the secret entrance.

From what you know it is marked by rock slide with a stream disappearing underground. You spend some hours looking along the small river* that forms this valley until you notice a dry river bed that no longer feeds into the main stream. Following this stream bed uphill for a while you come across a rock slide that has diverted the water flow. About 100 yards away this little stream disappears underground. Following your instructions there is a short underwater swim before the little stream opens into a cavern with enough head space for people to breath.

Getting wet you dive through the water and come out in a very low cavern. It is dark and claustrophobic, with barely enough room to keep your head above water. It is a long hard crawl through the cold water but after a few miles you come to a junction with another larger stream.

The source of the larger stream disappears into the darkness to your right, but to you left, lit by a floating orb, is a boat loading with three small dinghies and a spiral staircase heading up. On the landing you find some spare rope, oars and a couple of oil lanterns but little else. The stairs are unlit and head up for around 20ft to a landing with a door and another spiral stair going up another 10ft to another door. Load voices can be heard coming from the first door but the second higher door is silent.

GM: *Just to be clear this is a tributary to the Desairn River that you have just taken the boat on. Not the main river seen on the map.

Remove ads