D&D 5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

Thateous

Explorer
"Ah yes, lets hurry off into the next adventure, heedless to any and all danger." A voice calls from inside the growing crowd. J.V's ears perk up as he recognizes the voice. "Thateous?" he says quizzically. The Elven ranger emerges from the crowd, expressionless as he makes his way to J.V.

"How did you find me?" "I have my ways." "What are you doing here?" "Father sent me."

"Father! I thought you were through with the family?" "I made an exception." "But why, why now!" "You stole something."

"Granddads book?" "Precisely." "And why do you care?" "Its dangerous."

The two half-brothers go back and forth for a while.

"So, what if i refuse to go quietly!" J.V. says, a sly smile crossing his face. "Two arrows to the knees and i drag you back."

"I'm stronger than i was before, I won't be beaten by you so easily." "Good, then there has been some purpose to your gallivanting. Enough small talk we have a long road home ahead of us." "But I can't leave, I have promises to keep, missions to complete." J.V. says, looking at the party. Thateous gives the group a once over before shrugging his shoulders and saying, "Then you go back and smooth things over with father and i'll finish what you started."

With that the two brothers part ways. J.V. heading off toward home and Thateous shouldering his pack while saying, "So are we going to investigate the smoke?"

Thateous

Explorer
"Honestly I was hoping to skip the introductions altogether or at least postpone them until we were on our way, However, if you insist... Thateous at your service. Archer, hunter, tracker and half brother to J.V."

Yavathol

Explorer
Ilvellios nods in greeting, then turns his attention to the knight, "Sir Jondal, if we take our leave from you all here, will you explain the situation to the town authorities on their behalf?"

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Dessarin/Stone Monastery
Day 7/Early Afternoon
Round 0

Errol looked this Thateous over and nodded. “Well met,” he said. “Yes, apparently orcs are causing problems in the area, and that smoke might be their doing. Might be good folk out there needing some help. If everyone’s ready…”

Errol headed down the road toward the smoke, keeping an eye alert for trouble as they moved. They would be exposed on the road, but it would be quicker.

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Action Surge:
Free Object Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 3
AC: 16
HP: 36/36 HD: 4/4d10
Superiority Dice: (4/4/R @ d8 DC 14) (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 34
Arrows used: 0
Bolts: 13
Bolts Used: 0
Action Surge (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+4)
Inspiring Leader (1/R 6)*
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
21 gp (???)
200 cp (Held by Errol)
Set of Keys (Held by Illvelious) - one key opens the doors to the guard room, +3 more keys
Small figurine of a one-eyed orc (Gruumsh)(Held by Illvelious)
Ring of Fire Resistance (Held by Errol)
Silver ruby ring (600 gp)(Held by Errol)
Reszor, magical rapier - Rapier (uncommon), requires attunement (Held by Errol)
Reszor was commissioned by a soldier turned assassin to enhance his ability to kill without being detected. It has a star motif etched into the blade and the handle is of blue leather. Dried blood clings to the blade and cannot be cleaned off. The weapon counts as magical and when you make an attack against on opponent while hidden the attack will make no noise. Additionally, when you make an attack with this weapon and get to use bonus damage dice, such as superiority dice or sneak attack dice, roll an additional die and discard the lowest. When you say the command word "Reszor" the blade will glow with dim light out to a 5ft radius, saying the command word again will turn the light off. Finally there is a mild curse on the blade that drives the wielder to kill. After rendering an opponent incapacitated or unconscious make a DC7 WIS saving throw to stop yourself from killing the creature.
[/sblock]

TallIan

Explorer
GM:
"I say, in all my years never have I seen a fortified inn" Duran smirks trying to lighten the mood.
Looking at it, it appears that it was once a small fort. At some point in its history it has been extended with a large hall added. Although the hall keeps the look of a fort, with crenelations and small windows, it is clearly nowhere near as secure at the original tower.

Sir Jondal accepts Ilvilious' suggestion that he take over the care of the refugees. "I most certainly will, you have shown yourselves to be honorable and good. I am bound to my order, but should you ever need assistance, I will do everything I can to assist you. Once I am sure these people are safe, I will return to Samular chapter house and bring some assistance here to help this town. Much of our force is engaged near Mirabar, but something close to the chapter house may offer us a chance to help and cut the teeth of some of our younger members."

Bastle_house
Bastle_house
Heading back the way you have just come. The smoke plume is thinning as you crest a rise and see the farm house about 200 yards away in the valley below. A two story bastille house has its lower door destroyed and one wall is crumbling smothering a pile of brush and wood used to start the fire. The building being mostly stone, there was little to burn. Nearby a low thorn bush corral is still burning away, any livestock that were in there stolen by the raiders.

Azurewraith

Explorer
"What's the plan I imagine they will have superior numbers. Maybe I am overthinking this but they could be on the payroll of the cults and be sat in ambush."

TallIan

Explorer
GM: you see no one in the surrounding fields and anyone in the building is either dead or soon will be.

It would be very hard to ambush someone at this farm during the day

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases