log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E Talls S&H adventure


log in or register to remove this ad

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Eowyn Rosebud
Early Morning
Gravesford
Round 1

Eowyn crept forward quietly and carefully, using the bushes to screen her from the archers on the other side of the bank. She had no need or desire to get closer. Quietly she whispered a sound, not really words, and pointed two fingers at the largest orc and the shaman.

[sblock=Eowyn’s Actions]
Magic Stone: 3 stones

Save:
Move: To F3
Free Object Interaction:
Action: Cast Hold Person at 3rd level on the Juggernaut and the War Speaker
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Conditions:
Concentration: Hold Person
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +2
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 16
HP: 34/34 HD: 5/5d8+2

Spells
Cantrips: Druidcraft, Magic Stone, Resistance
1) 4/4 Cure Wounds, Faerie Fire, Healing Word
2) 3/3 Enhance Ability, Healing Spirit, Hold Person, Lesser Restoration, Pass Without Trace
3) 1/2 Dispel Magic
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
U'Tempei !Nothen - human eldritch knight
Arcata Dulat - human divination wizard
Saarthax - dragonborn paladin
Orin - warbred mastermind rogue
[/sblock]
 

TallIan

Explorer
Round 2

While the others move into more favourable positions Arcata sends a fireball streaking across the river to explode amidst the archers, killing two of them before they even realised someone was there. Saarthax walks up to an orc, his confident posture betrayed by his flapping nightshirt, "Release your prisoner," the orc looks at Saarthax, then pushes a small raft of sticks and straw into the river before jumping in behind it and and kicking for all he is worth to get across the river. Eowyn reaches out with her magical energy. The warspeaker shrugs it off but the brute strains and struggles. Orin takes a cautious approach readying for an attack only to see the huge juggernaut step towards Saarthax. He looses an arrow that pings off the crude iron plates that the brute wears as armour. U'Tempei, takes to the air and quietly lands behind the remaining archer.

The last archer looses an arrow back at Arcata but in the gloom the arrow skitters through the trees to no effect. The second orc abandons what he was doing by the water and charges at Saarthax, landing a savage blow that nearly knocks the dragonborn to the ground. The shaman shouts, "Delay them!" in orcish, then makes a gesture that summons a ghostly axe next to Saarthax that swings and cuts through his night shirt like the flimsy cloth that it is. The huge brute strains, huge muscles bulging with effort until suddenly he lets out a deafening bellow, free from the restraining magic.



[SBLOCK=Rolls and stuff]
Orc saves vs Arcata's attackOrc saves: 3#1d20+1 20 14 7Should be archer saves 1 saves: 16 damage; 2 fails 34 damage - dead; 3 fails 34 damage - dead
orc saves vs Saarthax commandOrc 1 save: 1d20 7 fails
Orc 1 athletics: 2d20k1+3 20 to cross the river without being affected by the current
This should be the Jugernaught save, nit attack rollJuggernaut sword hit and damage save: 1d20+1 4 Held
warspeaker save: 1d20+3 21 saved
Orin's attack misses
Juggernaut save: 1d20+1 21 freed at end of turn.
archer 1 attack and damage: 2d20l1+2 11 1d8+2 4
orc 2 attack and damage: 1d20+5 15 2d10+3 18 on Saarthax
Warspeaker Spiritual Weapon: 1d20+5 22 1d8+3 11 hits Saarthax for 11

Orin: 43/43
U'Tempei: 54/54
Saarthax: 15/44
Eowyn: 34/34
Arcata: 32/32

Orc Archer 1: 14/30
Orc Archer 2: 0/30 Dead
Orc Archer 3: 0/30 Dead
Orc 1: 30/30
Orc 2: 30/30
Warspeaker: 65/65
Juggernaught: 95/95

Retainers
Bernold: 3/3 (Saarthax)
Gavien: 3/3 (Arcata)[/SBLOCK]

EDIT: Some spelling and grammer
 
Last edited:

jmucchiello

Adventurer
U'Tempei fires two bolts at the remaining archer. She then draws her rapier and advances to the shore to greet the orc swimming her way.

OOC: Attack #1 [roll0] Advantage as the orc doesn't know she's there [roll1] Damage [roll2]
Attack #2 [roll3] Damage [roll4]

What is orc 2 holding that does 2d10+3?
 
Last edited:

Herosmith14

First Post
"Bilgruk," Orin curses in the orcish tongue as his arrow clatters off the giant's armor, before he notices the shaman shouting orders. The warbred shrugged as he carefully skirted around the juggernaut.

"Cut off the head...," he mutters as he knocks another arrow. Orcs were pretty good at raging about without leadership, but it was worth a shot.

Out of the corner of his eye, he sees Saarthax struggling with his attacker. "He's got a limp, go for the legs," he calls out in Draconic.
OOC:
Move to J14

Action: Attack Warspeaker
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] piercing

Bonus Action: Help Saarthax with an attack on orc2
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Saarthax is pleased to see the first orc drop down into the water at the power of the Gods behind his words, but forgets about him when the axe from the second orc painfully splits the paladin's side. The dragonborn cannot suppress a groan as his knees shake with the impact, but he finds himself upright in spite of the pain.

"Gods take you, orc," he says through a red haze, and a quick prayer calls on the Divine to guide his hand in battle against this foe.

Yet another surge of pain erupts from his body, this time from his arm, as a ghostly axe tears through his scaly skin and nightshirt alike. From the distance Saarthax hears Orin shout a hint about his opponent, and he trusts the warbred's eye. Without thinking further, the dragonborn slashes the heavy axe at the orc in front of him, then reverses his grip and makes another swing.

"Gods, allow me to keep fighting this evil," he whispers, feeling the wings of divine safety around him, shielding him from attacks.

OOC: Take the Extra Attack action, making two attacks on orc 2. I assume Orin's Help action only grants advantage on the first attack; if not, feel free to correct me on that.

Attack 1: [roll0] Advantage: [roll1] for [roll]1d12+4[roll] slashing damage
Attack 2: [roll2] for [roll]1d12+4[roll] slashing damage

If either hits, I add a level 1 Divine Smite to add [roll3] radiant damage.

Then, as a Bonus action, cast Sanctuary: For a minute, any creature who targets me must make a DC13 Wisdom saving throw or choose a new target or lose the attack or spell.

[sblock=Temporary stats]
AC 10 (nightshirt only)
HP 15/44
Greataxe +7 (1d12+4 slashing)
Spell slots used:
level 1: 3/4
level 2: 0/2 [/sblock]

By the way, I'm not sure what action orc 1 takes after failing his save against Saarthax' Command spell?...
the orc looks at Saarthax, then bushes a small raft of sticks and straw into the river before jumping in behind it and and kicking for all he is worth to get across the river. (...) orc saves vs Saarthax command Orc 1 save: 1d20 7 fails
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
OOC: Hmm, not sure why it didn't roll the damage rolls. Let's retry that: [roll0] (first attack) [roll1] (second attack, although I suspect it's a miss)
 

TallIan

Explorer
OOC:
By the way, I'm not sure what action orc 1 takes after failing his save against Saarthax' Command spell?...
He's taken the dash action though the water. As he's swimming, he is at half speed. The current also has some effect on his movement.
 



TallIan

Explorer
OOC:
Oops, I think I mixed up Command and Suggestion. I was working on the idea that he was compelled to release the prisoner and that the effect was longer than 1 round.

I'll update the map.
Orc 1 was standing where Saarthax is now. I'll have the orc be next to Sarrthax, in the water. I don't think this has significantly altered the game as the orc hasn't done anything on his turn and wasn't supposed to be able to do anything.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
OOC:
OOC:
Orc 1 was standing where Saarthax is now. I'll have the orc be next to Sarrthax, in the water. I don't think this has significantly altered the game as the orc hasn't done anything on his turn and wasn't supposed to be able to do anything.
True, that's why I felt free to describe my actions regardless of orc 1 swimming away or staying in place. It's settled now, thanks! :)
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Eowyn Rosebud
Early Morning
Gravesford
Round 2

Eowyn crept forward again to the next bush. Seeing the orc had escaped her spell, she whispered again and opened her small hand. A burst of green light like millions of stars flew toward the orcs.


[sblock=Eowyn’s Actions]
Magic Stone: 3 stones

Save:
Move: To I8
Free Object Interaction:
Action: Cast Faerie Fire. I want to catch at least the Juggernaut and Orc 2 in it, but if I can get the warspeaker also that would be great. Need a DC 15 Dex save or be lit up and give everyone advantage in attacking them.
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Conditions:
Concentration: Faerie Fire
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +2
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 16
HP: 34/34 HD: 5/5d8+2

Spells
Cantrips: Druidcraft, Magic Stone, Resistance
1) 4/4 Cure Wounds, Faerie Fire, Healing Word
2) 3/3 Enhance Ability, Healing Spirit, Hold Person, Lesser Restoration, Pass Without Trace
3) 1/2 Dispel Magic
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
U'Tempei !Nothen - human eldritch knight
Arcata Dulat - human divination wizard
Saarthax - dragonborn paladin
Orin - warbred mastermind rogue
[/sblock]
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
OOC: Since the orc is no longer swimming to U'Tempei, she will use whatever movement she has left (not much since she only moves 30 feet) to fly back across the river.
[sblock="Mini Stats"]Passive Perception: 12
Passive Investigation: 11
AC: 15
Speed: 30 ft; Fly 30 ft
HP: 49/49

EXPENDABLES (when recovered)
Inspiration: No (per DM)
Hit Dice: 5/5 (d10+3) (per long)
Action Surge: 1/1 (per short)
Second Wind: 1/1 (per short)
Spell slots remaining (per long)
1st Level: 3/3[/sblock]
 

Shayuri

First Post
Arcata moved a bit farther down past the tree to get a better look at the orc that was casting spells. As a spellcaster herself, she knew well it was a wise idea not to tempt fate and let that go on.

It would take a fair chunk of her remaining stored power, but surely the situation warranted it, between the orcish shaman and the hulking beast...

She conjured another swirling sphere of flame and hurled it at the shaman, trusting its explosive force to engulf and destroy the other nearby orcs.

(Actions: Arcata moves to A12 and casts another Fireball, this time on the vertex of L18. The resulting 20' radius should hit the juggernaut and Orc 2, as well as the shaman. Damage is [dice]8d6[/dice]. Dex save DC 15 for half.)
 



TallIan

Explorer
OOC:
What is orc 2 holding that does 2d10+3?
It's a battleaxe. I suspect its a Matt Colville-ism in the stat block. These are not MM orcs, but Matt's upgraded version. They look suitable for level 5 PC's, and as such I think would have 2 attacks. Rather than giving the orcs Multiatack, he makes their damage twice as much.
[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] I find it a bit cumbersome too. I use Orokos Instead
 
Last edited:

TallIan

Explorer
Round 3

U'Tempei quickly dispatches the last archer then makes her way back to the other side of the river, her winged boots keeping her aloft. Orin looses an arrow at the warspeaker before moving to threaten the Juggernaut. Offering advice to Saarthax to take down his own opponent. Saarthax manages to get the unfamiliar axe to bite. Eowyn, keeping hidden in the bushes, calls forth fey energy to illuminate the orcs. One of the orcs and the juggernaught both start sparkling with light. Arcata repositions herself and lets loose another fiery blast of powerful magic, catching three of them in the blast. Bertold arrives from the dirction of the village carrying a large, clanking sack.

The remaining orc scrabbles around for his axe before standing and swinging at Saarthax, knocking the paladin to the ground. The warspeaker gestures and the ghostly axe moves to swing at Orin catching the rogue in the side. He moves up to the Juggernaught and strikes him with his staff, "Kill them you oaf!" he shouts. The Juggernaught takes the advice and swings his huge sword at Orin. Its a horrible blow that the Juggernaught quickly follows up with his tusks, knocking the rogue unconscious.


[SBLOCK=Rolls and Stuff]
Eowyn's Faery Fire. I tried to get all three in but it was getting a bit gamey as each only had a corner barely touching.
Juggernaut save: 1d20-1 2 Fails
Warspeaker save: 1d20-1 12 Should be Orc 2 - Fails

Arcata
Warspeaker save; Juggernaught save; Oc2 Save: 3#1d20-1 7 17 4
Warspeaker failed 26 damage
Juggernaught passed 13 damage
Orc 2 failed 26 damage

Orc 1 WIS save: 1d20 14 Passed
Orc 1 attack and damage: 1d20+5 18 2d10+3 18 Ouch these guys are savage. On the plus side you have Gaiven now.

warspeaker spiritual weapon: 1d20+5 23 1d8+3 6
warspeaker goading lash: 1d20+5 23 1d4+3 7 Juggernaught has advantage on next attack and deals and extra 3d6 damage.

Juggernaut sword hit and damage: 2d20k1+6 23 2d8+4 15
Juggernaut extra damage: 3d6 14
Juggernaut tusk hit and damage: 1d20+6 22 2d6+4 14

Orin: 0/43
U'Tempei: 49/49
Saarthax: 0/44
Eowyn: 34/34
Arcata: 32/32

Orc Archer 1: 0/30 Dead
Orc Archer 2: 0/30 Dead
Orc Archer 3: 0/30 Dead
Orc 1: 30/30
Orc 2: 0/30 Dead
Warspeaker: 34/65
Juggernaught: 75/95 Faery Fire

Retainers
Bernold: 3/3 (Saarthax)
Gavien: 3/3 (Arcata)[/SBLOCK]

OOC: Ouch, savage round.
 
Last edited:


Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top