5E Talls S&H adventure

jmucchiello

Adventurer
U'Tempei rushes back across the river (to W16). She fires her crossbow twice with sharpshooter and the warspeaker.

Attack 1 [roll0] Advantage from Faerie Fire [roll1] Damage [roll2]
Attack 2 [roll3] Advantage from Faerie Fire [roll4] Damage [roll5]
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Saarthax is so focused on the orc he managed to hit with the unfamiliar axe, he forgets that the other one can shrug off the magical command. Too late the dragonborn turns, seeing his opponent's weapon approach without room to dodge or reflect.

The pain, already numbing his common sense, rips through the Gods' wings of protection and overwhelm Saarthax. Peaceful darkness beckons, and he cannot resist its lure - to rest for just a moment! Some respite in the arms of the Gods, just for a fraction of a second...

He falls down, unconscious.

OOC: Ouch, two men down! Saarthax death save: [roll0]

BTW, Bertold (not Gavien) is Saarthax' henchman. I'm not sure if you meant Bertold instead, carrying the paladin's stuff?
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Eowyn Rosebud
Early Morning
Gravesford
Round 4

Eowyn whimpered as Saarthax and Orin went down in the light of the glowing massive orc. She made a bird call sound and gestured, causing the spiritual greataxe over Orin to dissipate into nothingness.

[sblock=Eowyn’s Actions]
Magic Stone: 3 stones

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action: Cast Dispel Magic
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Conditions:
Concentration: Faerie Fire
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +2
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 16
HP: 34/34 HD: 5/5d8+2

Spells
Cantrips: Druidcraft, Magic Stone, Resistance
1) 3/4 Cure Wounds, Faerie Fire, Healing Word
2) 3/3 Enhance Ability, Healing Spirit, Hold Person, Lesser Restoration, Pass Without Trace
3) 0/2 Dispel Magic
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
U'Tempei !Nothen - human eldritch knight
Arcata Dulat - human divination wizard
Saarthax - dragonborn paladin
Orin - warbred mastermind rogue
[/sblock]
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Bertold arrives on the scene just in time to see Saarthax go down. The battlepriest feels a surge of adrenaline as he wants to get over there and help, but within a second Bertold realizes he may be in over his head, fighting several orcs at once that have already gotten the better of his paladin friend.

Dropping the sack, the priest keeps running forward in order to help Orin in melee. While moving he starts chanting a powerful prayer to the gods, asking for their divine help. A spectral warhammer appears just in front of the orc that felled Saarthax, taking a swipe at the creature. It does very little, however, merely moving dangerously in front of the orc as if swatting away an annoying fly.

Bertold barely notices, because he has reached Orin and the massive orc; moving around in order to distract the brute enough for the warbred to get an attack in.

OOC: Alright, so I'm taking charge of my retainer. :)

Move: To M-11 or so. (If that's too far, ignore the Action below, and instead make it a Dash action to get here.)
Bonus Action: Cast Spiritual Weapon (3/day), which appears over Saarthax at R12 and attacks Orc 2: [roll0] (+spell attack modifier) for [roll1] (+Wis modifier) force damage
Action: Taking the Help action to aid Orin on his attacks.
 

TallIan

Explorer
U'Tempei glides back over the river sending two bolt bolts at the warspeaker. Both bolts find gaps in the scrappy mail armour. He lets out a yell of pain but somehow manages to remain standing. Saarthax lets out a groan and coughs up blood. Bertold, seeing the dire situaltion his liege is in, dashes straight into the fray, summoning his own spiritual weapon over Saarthax. It fails to hit any of the dragonborn's attackers though. The ghostly weapon summoned by the warspeaker disappears with a gesture from Eowyn

[SBLOCK=Rolls and Stuff]
Bertold would have been next to Eowyn with a single move so I've made him dash. Also Orin is at 0HP so helping would not have err... helped

Orin: 0/43
U'Tempei: 49/49
Saarthax: 0/44 (death save -)
Eowyn: 34/34
Arcata: 32/32

Orc Archer 1: 0/30 Dead
Orc Archer 2: 0/30 Dead
Orc Archer 3: 0/30 Dead
Orc 1: 30/30
Orc 2: 0/30 Dead
Warspeaker: 1/65
Juggernaught: 75/95 Faery Fire, Reaction to impose DIS on next attack on Warspeaker

Retainers
Bertold: 3/3 (Saarthax)
Gavien: 3/3 (Arcata)[/SBLOCK]

Arcata and Orin to go
 
Last edited:

Shayuri

Villager
Realizing that things were too crowded now to hurl more fire, Arcata focuses her will on the warspeaker. The orc hears a whisper, a thought that is like his own, yet not. The flaw becomes a dissonance. The dissonance becomes a cacophony. Soon there is no room for anything else, just the endless obsessive repeating of that fractured wrong thought that he would do anything to escape from...

As she opens her inner eye to divert her strength against the warspeaker, Arcata gasps suddenly as she remembers a vision as if from a dream. For a moment everything is arrayed before her, a picture drawn in an array of spinning glass shards that for just an instant spin to each reveal themselves as fragments of an unimaginable whole...then continue spinning and return the world to seeming chaos.

Strike the beast a blow, she thinks dizzily. Of course. How could I have forgotten?

(Mind Spike for [roll]3d8[/roll] psychic damage, Wis save DC 15 for half)

(OOC - Going to make my Portent rolls, since it might affect my actions... [roll0] and [roll1] )
(ok, that's an autocrit we have available...Orin, do you have sneak attack? :))
 
Last edited:

Herosmith14

Villager
OOC: Whoops, just realized I posted my death save in the OOC thread! The roll over there was a 16, but I'll roll here in case you want a redo


Death Save[roll0]
 

TallIan

Explorer
Arcata calls forth her arcane power to strike at the mind of the warspeaker. He lets out an ungodly scream, clutching at his skull. The scream cuts off in a gurgle as blood pours from eyes, ears and mouth before he drops to his knees then falling over silent. Orin groans and rolls over.

The Juggernaught, seeing his commander downed, charges his attacker. He's fast enough to get to Arcata, but not to land a blow.

The last orc splashes into the water, intent on attacking U'Tempei but quickly realises that the water is too deep. He reached over his shoulder and pulls out a javelin that bites into the archer's shoulder. "For Dorekor!" he shouts a challenge.


[SBLOCK=Rolls and Stuff]
Orc 1 attack and damage: 1d20+5 22 2d6+3 11 Hit for 11

Orin: 0/43 (death save +)
U'Tempei: 38/49
Saarthax: 0/44 (death save -)
Eowyn: 34/34
Arcata: 32/32

Orc Archer 1: 0/30 Dead
Orc Archer 2: 0/30 Dead
Orc Archer 3: 0/30 Dead
Orc 1: 30/30
Orc 2: 0/30 Dead
Warspeaker: 0/65 Dead
Juggernaught: 75/95 Faery Fire

Retainers
Bertold: 3/3 (Saarthax)
Gavien: 3/3 (Arcata)[/SBLOCK]

PC's are up
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
U'Tempei draws her rapier and swoops down (to T9) on the orc in the water slashing at him twice and then firing a bolt from her handcrossbow using sharpshooter at him.
rapier atk1 [roll0] dmg [roll1]
rapier atk2 [roll2] dmg [roll3]
xbow atk1 [roll4] dmg [roll5] (bonus action, xbow expert. If he has cover from the river, sharpshooter ignores it)

(If that kills the orc, she continues flying to P9.)

[sblock="Mini Stats"]Passive Perception: 12
Passive Investigation: 11
AC: 15
Speed: 30 ft; Fly 30 ft
HP: 38/49

EXPENDABLES (when recovered)
Inspiration: No (per DM)
Hit Dice: 5/5 (d10+3) (per long)
Action Surge: 1/1 (per short)
Second Wind: 1/1 (per short)
Spell slots remaining (per long)
1st Level: 3/3[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

TallIan

Explorer
U’Tempei drifts down to the wading orc swinging her sword. The first cut bites into his arm. He manages to duck under the second but looks up just in time to catch a bolt in his neck. He lets out a gurgling growl, hurt but not out of the fight yet.

Orin: 0/43 (death save +)
U'Tempei: 38/49
Saarthax: 0/44 (death save -)
Eowyn: 34/34
Arcata: 32/32

Orc Archer 1: 0/30 Dead
Orc Archer 2: 0/30 Dead
Orc Archer 3: 0/30 Dead
Orc 1: 8/30
Orc 2: 0/30 Dead
Warspeaker: 0/65 Dead
Juggernaught: 75/95 Faerie Fire

Retainers
Bertold: 3/3 (Saarthax)
Gavien: 3/3 (Arcata)
 
Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Eowyn Rosebud
Early Morning
Gravesford
Round 5

Eowyn crept quietly forward to the downed Saarthax and Orin. She reached out and touched Saarthax on the forehead, making a cooing sound, and healing energy flowed into him.

[sblock=Eowyn’s Actions]
Magic Stone: 3 stones

Save:
Move: To M7
Free Object Interaction:
Action: Cast Cure Wounds
Cure Wounds second level: 2d8+4 11
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Conditions:
Concentration: Faerie Fire
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +2
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 16
HP: 34/34 HD: 5/5d8+2

Spells
Cantrips: Druidcraft, Magic Stone, Resistance
1) 3/4 Cure Wounds, Faerie Fire, Healing Word
2) 2/3 Enhance Ability, Healing Spirit, Hold Person, Lesser Restoration, Pass Without Trace
3) 0/2 Dispel Magic
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
U'Tempei !Nothen - human eldritch knight
Arcata Dulat - human divination wizard
Saarthax - dragonborn paladin
Orin - warbred mastermind rogue
[/sblock]
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Saarthax opens his eyes, startled, and looks at the small halfling woman who just poured some life back into him. With a nod, he timidly says "Thank you," before his gaze is drawn to the massive orc juggernaut that is charging at Arcata.

"Bertold! Help her!" the dragonborn says, realizing he is out of reach himself for now. Looking around, he sees a lone orc in the river fighting the hovering U'Tempei, and grabbing the orc axe Saarthax takes a few steps into the water himself and swing the crude weapon at the bestial creature.

Bertold is still at Orin's side, trying to keep the warbred from losing too much blood, but the battlepriest nods at Saarthax. He motions for Eowyn to take over as he grabs his mace and starts for Arcata, once more asking the Gods to help. The spectral weapon that hovered near Saarthax now moves, slowly, towards the juggernaut as well.

OOC: Saarthax attacks orc 1: [roll0] for [roll1] slashing damage
Bertold moves and takes the Dash action to reach the orc juggernaut at E-8, hopefully giving Arcata advantage due to flanking. As a bonus action, he directs the spiritual weapon to move there as well, but it only moves 20 feet per round...

[sblock=Temporary stats]AC 10 (nightshirt only)
HP 11/44
Greataxe +7 (1d12+4 slashing)
Spell slots used:
level 1: 3/4
level 2: 0/2 [/sblock]
 

Shayuri

Villager
Arcata felt as if the ground were tilting down under her feet as the monstrous orc charged her. As if he was standing still, and she were sliding inexorably towards him.

Got a little too close, eh? her father's voice, mocking the airs of the posh, jested in her head. What a spot of bother.

There was exactly one chance. It wasn't a great one. She really had erred...gotten overconfident. As if avoiding attacking this hulking brute directly would prevent him from realizing there was a mage picking his team apart. From close by. Meanwhile, Arcata's own front line had all but collapsed.

Hypnotic Pattern next time. Definitely Hypnotic Pattern. Jezzi was right.

She incanted as the orc filled her field of vision, loomed over her. She could feel his stride in the earth under her feet. Her hand sparked as the spell took hold. Lightning peeled and split over her fingers.

The giant was upon her. Eyes wide and bloodshot and wild. Weapon upraised.

Arcata reached out as the lightning reached the tip of her hand, as the huge orc reached her...

There was a buzzing CRACK and a flash of eye-watering light. The charging orc was caught short in mid-stride and flung back as his body from the midsection down convulsed and went numb. There was pain, yes, but not so much as even a decently strong sword swing might do. It was that numbness, that tingling, that ringing in the ears that saved Arcata.

As the orc got back to his feet, shaking the daze out of his head, she turned around and ran back to the north, as fast as her feet could go. Overhead, Keemi hooted and dove lower, ready to lend a wing should it be necessary.

Shocking Grasp: [roll0] or [roll1] for [roll2]
Advantage from Faerie Fire saves the day!
Then move 30' away to the north because he can't take reactions...eeeee...
 
Last edited:

TallIan

Explorer
Eowyn sneaks up and offers healing aid to Saarthax. Revived the dragonborn hurries over to the orc in the river and finishes him with a quick blow. Bertold races to Arcata's aid. Arcata's magic strikes the juggeraught, leaving him stunned and giving her the chance to escape his reach.

The giant orc, too sluggish to strike at Arcata, turns and directs his rage at Bertold

[SBLOCK=Actions and rolls:
just to explain my thought process with Bertold: He would normally have heavy armour (AC18), but since he just awoke, and hasn't had the 10 mins to don heavy armour, would not be wearing it. While collecting Saarthax's gear he's thrown a few bits on himself to get medium armour (AC15)
[url=http://orokos.com/roll/713822]Juggernaut tusk hit and damage[/url]: 1d20+6 13 2d6+4 14 Miss
Jugernaught sword attack and damage: 1d20+6 15 2d8+4 16 Hit (don't actually need the damage roll as he saves vs average damage)
Bertold's wound save: 1d20+3 5 loses a wound level[/SBLOCK]


GM: Orin: 0/43 (death save + +)
U'Tempei: 38/49
Saarthax: 11/44
Eowyn: 34/34
Arcata: 32/32

Orc Archer 1: 0/30 Dead
Orc Archer 2: 0/30 Dead
Orc Archer 3: 0/30 Dead
Orc 1: 8/30
Orc 2: 0/30 Dead
Warspeaker: 0/65 Dead
Juggernaught: 64/95 Faerie Fire

Retainers
Bertold: 2/3 (Saarthax)
Gavien: 3/3 (Arcata)

PC's are up
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
OOC:
Orc 1: 8/30
I thought Orc 1 was killed by Saarthax. Assuming that's true...


U'Tempei sheathes her rapier and flies toward the remaining foe. She taps her temple twice as she grabs a bolt and fires twice at the monstrosity.

OOC: Move to P10
Two attacks on the Juggernaught, with sharpshooter:
Attack 1: [roll0] advantage (faerie fire) [roll1] damage [roll2] CRIT!, 32 damage
Attack 2: [roll3] advantage (faerie fire) [roll4] damage [roll5]
[sblock="Mini Stats"]Passive Perception: 12
Passive Investigation: 11
AC: 15
Speed: 30 ft; Fly 30 ft
HP: 38/49

EXPENDABLES (when recovered)
Inspiration: No (per DM)
Hit Dice: 5/5 (d10+3) (per long)
Action Surge: 1/1 (per short)
Second Wind: 1/1 (per short)
Spell slots remaining (per long)
1st Level: 3/3[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Advertisement

Top