D&D 5E Talls S&H adventure

TallIan

Explorer
OOC: Just waiting to see if [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] is going to add something to the character intro's. Otherwise it looks like you're ready to move on.

Tonight or in the morning?

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Saarthax looks surprised -- well, to someone who knows how to read the draconic expression.

"I really need to hear that story one day, Orin!"

Then the dragonborn gestures to the barkeep for a drink for him and Bartold before looking around the inn to gauge the other visitors' response to the goings-on.

OOC: The morning seems like a good idea.

TallIan

Explorer
OOC:
U'Tempei suggested in the morning and no one seemed to object
Missed that detail. Not sure what's happened to Shayuri, but with 22000 posts I don't think that we've lost him.

Giselle eyes widen at the sight of the gold on the bar. Brecca, quickly busies herself filling everyone’s drink. When the other two both offer some gold, Giselle’s eyes widen. ”I think that should be enough to keep everyone wet for the evening. Don’t expect people’s friendship to last much past the evening though, people are fickle and ale is a great way to forget things.”

She listens to the conversation of the strangers buying everyone drinks. "Careful, Pelleton is not a man to cross. He was unpleasant enough before Lord Saxton knighted him, but at least his thuggery was kept in check. Now that he is the law, and a favorite of Saxton’s, he’s unbearable.”

The evening wears on and the townsfolk drift off to their houses and the few guests gradually retire upstairs. All seems set for a restful night.

BOOM!

In the early hours of the morning you are awoken by a loud explosion that rocks the stone of the inn. A huge pillar of colourful flame shots into the sky from near the river. In the fading light you can just about make out three figures, one carrying something bulky fleeing south. A terrified shout ”Fire!” is quickly taken up by the townsfolk and the sleepy town is suddenly a hive of chaos of people running around with buckets. An authoritative voice rises above the rest of the noise, ”Form a line! Here! To the river!” The chaos starts to form into order as buckets are filled and passed along to burning building when suddenly there is a shriek from the darkness, ”Orcs!’ and a line turns into a stampede fleeing towards the inn.

One lone watchman readies his crossbow and scans the dark for orks.

U'Tempei forgoes normal rising rituals as there is an emergency. She was expecting an early start so she had slept in her leathers. She grabbed her weapons and was looking for orcs. "Which way are the orcs?" She asks -- subconsciously imagining tapping two fingers to her wrist -- anyone on the street as she heads toward the fire.

Shayuri

First Post
Arcata burst from her room, in nightgown and dressing gown, having barely paused to get her slippers on. Her spells were far better for starting fires than putting them out, but if the town was under attack...

She paused as she hurried downstars just long enough to spot Gavien. The troubadour caught her look and nodded, then hurried outside on his own. For the moment they'd continue the ruse, letting him gather information without seeming to be associated with her. For now though, they were both needed.

With a thought, the wizard reached out to a snowy owl circling above the inn, startled by the explosion. Fly towards the fire, see if anyone is coming this way, she instructed her familiar. Keemi hooted quietly and banked towards the place where the blast had emanated from.

"Keep fighting the fire!" Arcata called out as she emerged from the inn. "You will be protected from any attackers!"

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
With a start, Saarthax wakes up from the explosion. After a moment he realizes there is a fire, and they must help.

No sooner have the dragonborn and Bartold left the inn to assist with the line of water buckets, when panic overwhelms the villagers. Orcs!

"Our gear!" Saarthax yells and starts to run back inside when the battle priest stops him. "No time! We must help defend the village with what we are carrying!"

Nodding, the dragonborn takes a broomstick from next to the inn door and, still in his nightclothes, moves to where the lone watchman stands.

"You get our stuff," he tells Bartold, "And I'll help the watch best as I can until you return."

OOC: I was going to get back for my armor, but then decided it wouldn't be the paladin thing to do. So currently AC is 10 instead of 19, and the only weapon is an improvised club/staff in the form of a broom. At least until Bartold returns with my stuff... ;)

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Eowyn Rosebud
Early Morning
Gravesford
Round 0

Eowyn jolted awake at the sound of the explosion. She was curled up in her cloak behind the forge, pressed against the warm brick wall, head resting on her pack. She quickly got up, her red hair standing every which way, and slung her pack on her back.

Did someone yell orcs?

Eowyn pulled a handful of stones from her pocket. She whispered something and blew on them and they glowed a bit. Then she whispered another spell as she hurried toward the fire.

[sblock=Eowyn’s Actions]
Magic Stone: 3 stones

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action: Cast Resistance
Bonus Action: Cast Magic Stone
Reaction:
Conditions:
Concentration: Resistance
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +2
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 16
HP: 34/34 HD: 5/5d8+2

Spells
Cantrips: Druidcraft, Magic Stone, Resistance
1) 4/4 Cure Wounds, Faerie Fire, Healing Word
2) 3/3 Enhance Ability, Healing Spirit, Hold Person, Lesser Restoration, Pass Without Trace
3) 2/2 Dispel Magic
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
U'Tempei !Nothen - human eldritch knight
Arcata Dulat - human divination wizard
Saarthax - dragonborn paladin
Orin - warbred mastermind rogue
[/sblock]

TallIan

Explorer
Eowyn, sleeping behind the forge, is closest to the explosion. She quickly realises it was Pinna’s cottage that has gone up in flames. She casts a couple of spells, then heads towards the house just before the cry of, ”Orcs!” sends everyone else running to the inn.

Eowyn finds Ryon, one of the watchmen, trying to hold a rear guard. When questioned he says, ”I don’ know ‘bout orcs, not seen any. I did see three – things, too big t’ be people, running sou’ along the river bank. Once of ‘em seemed ‘urt.”

Getting closer the hideous smell of burnt hair and flesh assaults your nostrils and you spot two figures heaped on the ground near the cottage. Broken and bent at impossible angles. They must have been caught in the explosion. You quickly spot a big smear of blood that suddenly becomes drips indication that someone dragged an injured person a few yards before picking them up and heading south and towards the river.

The others fight their way from the inn along a narrow street until they reach the market green, where you can all see the burning cottage just outside of town. Crossing the green you find a lone watchman peering over his crossbow, covering a small figure searching the area around the burning building. ”E-Eowyn’s gone to ‘ave a look. She’ll need some ‘elp if der are orcs.” he says.

Having already asked which way the orcs were, U'Tempei is relieved to see other catching up to her. But still there's no sign of orcs as she head past the burning cottage.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases