D&D 5E Tasha's Optional Class Features - Using Them or Not?

How does your group use the optional class features in Tasha's?

• Poll closed .

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
Not re-building, but will use everything moving forward.

And the only reason we're not doing re-builds is because the vast majority of the players I run for are very casual players, many of whom hadn't even come to grips with the builds and abilities as they WERE, so having them go back and change stuff will only lead to mass confusion.

I have no objections to any of the Tasha's stuff, but I will say I'm surprised to see so many summoning spells added. I thought 5E was right to downplay summoning as it tends to slow down combat and is a hassle for the the DM, and I didn't really see a lot of people clamoring for more summoning in the game.

With my ongoing group I thought about giving some new features out as quest/training rewards or something, but given how often we meet and the pace we go they probably wouldn't get to use the features until sometime in late spring. I gave up and just let them use everything.

G

Guest 6801328

I wish more of the class options were explicitly exempted from the "PHB +1" DDAL rule. Not that I play DDAL, but that seems like a poor decision, since they affect the base class.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
I’m running it according to RAW - you don’t gain the features automatically, and talk to your DM if you want to gain them. My plan is to treat it like I do multiclassing - it’s allowed, but should be worked into the fiction in some way. In many cases, it’ll be through special training during downtime.

shadowoflameth

Adventurer
In our game, changes in the rules are incorporated in the next new character or campaign. That way, we are not chasing a set of rules that may continue to change. Optional rules are up to the player to ask.

Remove ads