(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn III

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizWrm

First Post
Velbrik blinks and shrugs. "Well, I don't want to force you into going somewhere you'd rather not; and despite what I said, I am still interested in the Monastery."

"What say you and I head out into the common room and see if we can lend Joe a hand, eh? Let's give some time to the matter of who's going where."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Velbrik
"Well, I don't want to force you into going somewhere you'd rather not; and despite what I said, I am still interested in the Monastery."

Troi shrugs. "Really dunno where I wanna go, man. Just goin' where the road takes me, fer now."

"What say you and I head out into the common room and see if we can lend Joe a hand, eh? Let's give some time to the matter of who's going where."

Troi nods. "Lead on."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC"Im going to do two adventures, connected. So, split into the Monestary and the Tower of Delmon. Id like 5-6 for the Monestary and the rest 4-6? for the Tower.

IC: The Roadwarden says somethingelse to Bron, which causes him to turn to the assembled folk again.'It seems that the old Wizard may yet live. There was talk of flashes of energy last night, when we thought him slain yesterday. Peraps a group could reach his tower and rescue him...'

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Thels said:
Zoe looks around towards the Elf that just came forth. "Hmm, I could understand some secrecy about your task, but there are just some things people would need to know before accepting it. Would one work on the right side of the law for instance? How long would it take? What are the rewards? What kind of thing must be done? What opposition, if any, will there be? How dangerous will it be? How many people are you looking for?" Zoe takes a breath before adding: "Oh my. I am sorry. I overstelped you with questions without giving you a moment to answer. Please pardon me."

The elven man smiles slightly. "No, I understand the akwardness of the situation. Luckily, most of your questions I can answer, though with a certain lack of precision. Many will believe you to be on the wrong side of the law, and you must not disuade them of this belief, but in truth, you will be helping the king escape a crime planned against him. It will take us three days to reach Earling, and the assignment is to last two weeks. The rewards are great. You will be paid three thousand gold in the coin of Earling, which is accepted everywhere. You will also be given some equipment to aid you in your task which you may retain or sell as you wish afterwards. And you will gain the good will and possible further employment of his majesty."

He pauses and takes a drink as he reviews the other questions in his mind. "As for the task itself... For two weeks, you will need to evade followers without stopping them from following you entirely. You must escape capture but not conflict. You must lead a merry chase, and your opposition will consist both of soldiers of the realm, who have been ordered not to kill you, and criminals of every stripe who will have no such compunctions. There will be danger, there is no doubt of that, but we hope the rewards will be worth it. As for the number of people, that I leave to your judgement. I would not be capable of this task, and cannot tell you which or how many companions you will need to accomplish it."

Manzanita

First Post
Persephone

"Oh. Is that 3000 gold total? It isn't for each, by chance? That does seem very interesting. People pursue me all the time anyway, and I like the idea of not having to kill anyone. Anyone else interested in this? Is any of the gold or equipment available up front? I could really use a crossbow."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Uriel said:
The Roadwarden says somethingelse to Bron, which causes him to turn to the assembled folk again.'It seems that the old Wizard may yet live. There was talk of flashes of energy last night, when we thought him slain yesterday. Peraps a group could reach his tower and rescue him...'

"That wizard was a dwarven wizard, wasn't he?" Thurgan asked in his deep gravelly voice. "Us dwarves, we endure. If it was, I'm for going to the tower to check on 'em. I am kinda liking ta have friends that I can count on comin' along."

WizWrm

First Post
"Indeed, Thurgan," says Velbrik. "I will come with you, and I believe Troi might wish to join us as well."

He turns to Troi. "Friend ranger, it seems that we may have to delay dealing with the...er, cultists. Thale, you had said that you may wish to come to the tower? We ought to head out as soon as possible."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
WizWrm said:
"Indeed, Thurgan," says Velbrik. "I will come with you, and I believe Troi might wish to join us as well."

"Sounds good ta me," Thurgan said.

OOC: I'll be offline till late thursday night. Have Thurgan follow along if we set off before then.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Manzanita said:
"Oh. Is that 3000 gold total? It isn't for each, by chance? That does seem very interesting. People pursue me all the time anyway, and I like the idea of not having to kill anyone. Anyone else interested in this? Is any of the gold or equipment available up front? I could really use a crossbow."

The elf smiles at the young woman's enthusiasm and replies gravely. "I'm afraid that the 3000 gold is the total to be split between you and your associates. It is already a -" he pauses and laughs at some private joke before continuing "Almost a king's ransom, and I'm afraid we could not afford to pay it to each member of your group... As for the equiptment, I have brought along some choice weapons and a few important items you will need."

He glances around to see if he has anyone else's attention as he finishes "I can show you the items and go over the assignment in more detail on our way to earling, once we have a confirmed group..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads