• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Team 6 (M&M PbP) Issue #1

Tokiwong

First Post
San Francisco, California

0200 local time, July 4th, 2014

The Shark lands on the roof of the Cyber-Matrix Industries Tower (CMI). In the early morning, a single CMI representative is available to meet the crew, Miss Joyce Thompson, a slim Anglo woman, with short dark hair and glasses. She welcomes you all, as CMI troubleshooters, and brings you into a secure briefing room.

Once the door is closed, and the room swept for bugs, Miss Thompson smiles, “Welcome Team 6, Agent Grimes at your service, your current cover for this mission, you will be posing as CMI Troubleshooters, obviously, which should give you plenty of room to move around. I will be operating from here.”

“I am sure Jorgi has pulled up a great deal of information for you, on Dr. Caruthers and Dr. Bradshaw, and I am sure you are going to take a look around her apartment. Which would be a good start,” she says with a smile, “if I had not taken the liberty to do so myself.”

Agent Grimes places a single piece of paper of on the table, “I found this.”

The crumpled piece of paper has the following written on it, “They are here. 1056. Dock 7. Genesis.”

“Pretty cryptic, but I think you guys can figure it out, oh, and Mr. Wu, a contact of Mr. Bradshaw, is dead. His body was found last night at 1932 hours local time, by local authorities, the victim of an execution style murder. A bullet to the head, after sustaining several physical blows to the face, and body,” She continued, “looks like someone is trying to cover their tracks.”

Insight

Adventurer
Tokiwong said:
“I am sure Jorgi has pulled up a great deal of information for you, on Dr. Caruthers and Dr. Bradshaw, and I am sure you are going to take a look around her apartment. Which would be a good start,” she says with a smile, “if I had not taken the liberty to do so myself.”

Agent Grimes places a single piece of paper of on the table, “I found this.”

The crumpled piece of paper has the following written on it, “They are here. 1056. Dock 7. Genesis.”

“Pretty cryptic, but I think you guys can figure it out, oh, and Mr. Wu, a contact of Mr. Bradshaw, is dead. His body was found last night at 1932 hours local time, by local authorities, the victim of an execution style murder. A bullet to the head, after sustaining several physical blows to the face, and body,” She continued, “looks like someone is trying to cover their tracks.”

"Well, I guess Wu is out of the picture... for now," Nyberg replies. "No sense checking out the apartment either. Thanks, Grimes."

He picks up the paper. "Dock 7, well, I think that's pretty self-explanatory. 1056 could be a time or perhaps some kind of password or PIN. No idea on Genesis, other than the obvious Biblical reference."

"Boys and girls," he says, "We need to get to Dock 7 on the double."

Robbert Raets

Explorer
"Hmmm.... Who wrote this? Caruthers, or Bradshaw? Who did the writer mean with 'they'? The same people who were after them? The killers of Bradshaw and Wu?"
Tony ponders the possibilities.
"Maybe 1056 is a registry number from a ship? And is Genesis a code word, or perhaps a project? It means 'start' or 'birth', but of what?!"

Vardeman

First Post
Assassin ponders the clue and nods, "Alright. Dock 7. Let's go." With that he checks the actions on his needlers and heads for the door.

V

Keia

I aim to misbehave
"Personally, I wouldn't mind checking out Dr. Caruthers residence, this Wu store - Wu's Collectibles, or even Dr. Bradshaw's residence for additional information. But, the dock works for me," Zellers said. "Excuse me, Grimes, the Collectibles store, did it have security cameras. Did the streets have traffic cameras in the area of Wu's Collectibles? Heck, even ATM cameras in the area would work. Perhaps we can learn something of Wu's attackers from any video,"

Tokiwong

First Post
Agent Grimes turns to Zellers, "I will get on that immediately, if I fidn anything, I will upload it to your communicators," she taps her own shades, "oh and before I forget, the company has provided you with transportation, and Hotel Rooms," she hands out cards, "present these at the W Hotel, and they should take care of you."

Down in the garage, Agent Grimes has two vehicles for the team, a sporty sedan, and an SUV, both expensive and tuned Cadillacs with plates that are owned by the company. Agent Grimes pauses outside the vehicles, "I have uploaded maps of San Francisco and the outlying area along with the address of Wu's Collectibles, the Hotel, and my secure line if you need me."

Between the resources of Team 6, finding the Docks is pretty easy, and finding Dock 7, is even easier. The early morning is still dark, and the large building that sits over looking Dock 7, has a large seven on the side. It looks locked from the outside, and is two stories in height with a sloped roped, sloping towards the front.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads