Tekken, Castlevania, and Pac-Man movies confirmed.

Chain Lightning

First Post
He confirmed the hiring of Paul W.S. Anderson (Resident Evil, Mortal Kombat) to write and direct, saying Anderson was a natural choice due to his experience in adapting videogames to the film medium.

I disagree with this style of matching directors to movie projects. Just because Anderson did two video game movies doesn't mean he's the natural choice. Mortal Kombat was sort of passable (I think it was due to the extreme failures of its peers that it seemed to be a better movie than it was) and Resident Evil (in my opinion) was also very underwhelming. That, and if your a fan of the game, it failed to represent a majority of the source material.

With Anderson's latest flop (in my opinion) Aliens vs. Predator, I can't understand why people keep thinking he's the "go to guy" for these adaptations. Its probably more due to the fact that its actually hard to find a director in Hollywood that is skilled to do it well but actually "wants" to work on a video game film. I think what might be helping Anderson out is that he actually wants to do them. Which is the only part I admire about the guy's work.

I just hope he doesn't touch another property that I really like. He already ruined Resident Evil and Aliens vs. Predator for me. Unless he's ready to up his directing/writing game, I rather not see him on any of these projects.

My two cents.

I think that the Pac-Man movie should be handled as a serious drama, with Harrison Ford as Pac-Man, Nicole Kidman as Ms. Pac-Man, Anthony Hopkins as Inky, Al Pachino as Blinky, Hugh Grant as Pinky, and Dustin Hoffman as Clyde. And the movie should be directed by Stephen Spielberg.

Wow! That would be a huge budget project to get all those a-listers in the same movie! :eek: But it would be worth it.....because I'd see that movie twice....at the least.....on opening weekend.....

Last edited:

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
I have fond memories of the Pac-Man cartoon from the early 80s... and, indeed, of Pac-Land, the video game based on the cartoon based on the video game!

And it could be worse - when I first glanced at the thread title, I misread 'Tekken' for 'Tetris'...!

Although... I can almost believe TETЯIS, starring Jim Belushi and Arnold Schwarzenegger...

-Hyp.

Dark Jezter

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
Although... I can almost believe TETЯIS, starring Jim Belushi and Arnold Schwarzenegger...

20030124l5cr.jpg

ssampier

First Post
Pac-man? Animated, maybe, but life-action...

I'm looking forward to the Castlevania movie. I enjoyed Resident Evil movies, but I did not like Mortal Kombat movies.

Remove ads