• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Age of Worms is over! (Spoilers)

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I've got a sneaking suspicion I omitted the broodfiends - Lashonna never got a chance to wake the extra broodfiends as she was eliminated on the first attack, and I confused a couple of entries. That said, broodfiends are not a monster I like running. The mist is just too confusing for combat with multiple enemies, and I *really* hate concealment.

Maralee and her knights were on their own, and the druid kept casting Deadfall, which creates large amounts of difficult terrain - for some reason, Maralee and co. can't fly. (I think it was deadfall... something like that).

I was also using the variant turning rule from CD, so the cleric was dealing 21d6 damage to them (save half) with each turn attempt, and, with the exception of Maralee, the KK generally would miss with their attacks.

Just noticed something interesting - Maralee's Int Drain attacks are *not* listed as touch, as the KK ones are. I was running them as regular attacks. Is that a typo? Mind you, it's not like Maralee survived for that long.

Cheers!

wildstarsreach

First Post
MerricB said:
I've got a sneaking suspicion I omitted the broodfiends - Lashonna never got a chance to wake the extra broodfiends as she was eliminated on the first attack, and I confused a couple of entries. That said, broodfiends are not a monster I like running. The mist is just too confusing for combat with multiple enemies, and I *really* hate concealment.

Maralee and her knights were on their own, and the druid kept casting Deadfall, which creates large amounts of difficult terrain - for some reason, Maralee and co. can't fly. (I think it was deadfall... something like that).

I was also using the variant turning rule from CD, so the cleric was dealing 21d6 damage to them (save half) with each turn attempt, and, with the exception of Maralee, the KK generally would miss with their attacks.

Just noticed something interesting - Maralee's Int Drain attacks are *not* listed as touch, as the KK ones are. I was running them as regular attacks. Is that a typo? Mind you, it's not like Maralee survived for that long.

Cheers!

Our cleric was a radiant Servant of Dol-Arah since the campaign was in Eberron. He was doing for 2 turns 20d6 positive energy to all Undead within 100 feet. This was probably our saving grace that made it possible for our warforged paladin to explode when he died and finish off Kyuss.

Remove ads