• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The C&C poll

A C&C poll

• Was a D&Der, sticking with just C&C now

Votes: 28 7.5%
  • Am (or was) a D&Der, converting largely to C&C instead

Votes: 28 7.5%
  • Am a D&Der, playing a lot of C&C as well

Votes: 14 3.7%
  • Am a D&Der, playing some C&C

Votes: 26 7.0%
  • Am a D&Der, curious about C&C

Votes: 91 24.3%
  • Am a D&Der, staying that way. No C&C.

Votes: 153 40.9%
  • C&C? What's that?

Votes: 34 9.1%

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Just curious. A lot of you are mentioning C&C. So I'm putting up this poll.

EDIT: Option 3 should read: Am a D&Der, playing a lot of C&C as well

Last edited:

Ry

Explorer
I'm curious about D&D, but E6 solves my issues with it, and I'd rather have my players learn a house rule than another system.

Drowbane

First Post
Play-tested some C&C early on, and while it was *awesome* playing Keep on the Borderlands again (I think Talath converted the Hackmaster "little keep on the borderlands to C&C... not 100% certain), C&C was too much of a step backwards for me.

I *like* 3e's complexity.

Crothian

First Post
Frostmarrow said:
Tried C&C once. It was fun yet too flimsy.

That's the way I was. I got it and some of the books when they first came out full of hype and gave a good try. It wasn't what we hoped it would be. So, traded away all those books and now back to D&D.

Darkwolf445

First Post
I so want to try this game. I have scoured the boards for how to implement feats and abilities in and it would give me a chance to use my old stuff. It looks like it would satisy my need for a lighter but more fufilling D&D.

My players, however fall into two camps. One group will not play anything except d20 (specifically 3.5 D&D). The other group plays indie games and Rifts.

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
I'm glad to see this poll. I suspect that the C&C vs. D&D debate isn't as black-and-white as people would like to think and that some people like both systems.

For me, I used to play AD&D back in the day, then I got into 3e (albeit a little slowly). Liked the basics of some of the new mechanics, but some aspects were not to my taste. C&C, in many ways, was a breath of fresh air, being a simple system like I like, having some AD&D feel while also having some D&D-style mechanics. Of course, where C&C lacks, IMO, is with modularity. Sorry, but I like skills. ;)

So I guess my answer is that I would play both D&D and C&C. No reason not to. If there's a game and the plot is good, then all is good.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
I'm not interested in playing C&C, but I'm glad the Troll Lords came up with it so that Gary could write Castle Zagyg. :)

Remove ads