• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The C&C poll

A C&C poll

• Was a D&Der, sticking with just C&C now

Votes: 28 7.5%
  • Am (or was) a D&Der, converting largely to C&C instead

Votes: 28 7.5%
  • Am a D&Der, playing a lot of C&C as well

Votes: 14 3.7%
  • Am a D&Der, playing some C&C

Votes: 26 7.0%
  • Am a D&Der, curious about C&C

Votes: 91 24.3%
  • Am a D&Der, staying that way. No C&C.

Votes: 153 40.9%
  • C&C? What's that?

Votes: 34 9.1%

painandgreed

First Post
A friend of mine likes it, so I have played it. On one hand it was nice to have a very simple system and quick moving game again. On the other, they got rid of 3.x stuff I thought was a vast improvement such as unified XP chart. I just see no real reason to play it over either 1E or 3E as something I'd buy and run, but don't mind playing it.

Jim Hague

First Post
Treebore said:
The only thing I can do that about is the "learn spells from casting them" idea I came up with today. The class deconstruction stuff is already in the works by Troll Lords. I just don't know if its going to be in the CKG or not. I do know who the author behind that likely is, The same guy who is the author fo the M&T and the new "Dungeon Building" book.

We share the same first name, but it isn't me.

Hey, even the little stuff is worth it, a lot of the time. A clean, simple PDF is good for fans, regardless. :)

Dristram

First Post
Uder said:
Optimism is good, but I'll believe it when I see it.

If I have one complaint about C&C, it's that they seem to be following 1e AD&D's release schedule; little brown box, two books, a "basic box" and finally (maybe) someday the DM's book.... whenever they get to it.
Well, TLG is a smaller company like TSR used to be. :cool:

Treebore

First Post
Dristram said:
Well, TLG is a smaller company like TSR used to be. :cool:

Smaller, 4 people, 2 of which aren't full time. I'm not sure the other two are full time.

Of course, I believe with Gary, he just started TSR as one person that had it stored in his basement.

C&C is apparently still growing kind of steadily in popularity/sales. So it still has room for improvement and growth.

Remove ads