• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Circle

kalgalath

First Post
It seemed like a fight was about to break out. Four on one odds were not insurmountable, but also by no means simple. It would really depend on the skill of the parties involved, and a bit of intelligence. Skies hoped no-one would be too seriously hurt today, as he had no intention of seeing blood shed. He watched carefully.

figmike

First Post
The Twilight

There is much confusion about the Yozis and the Malfeans, many believe that there are two different types of demons, but my research has discovered that they are all of one type. Malfeas was the strongest of the Demon Princes, one of the first Primordials, the first beings, who created the world. Many of the first Demon Princes have been mislabeled as Malfeans, but in truth I believe that they are all Yozis, and that demons see no real difference between themselves, except in terms of power, both physical and in terms of essence.

In my dealings with the demon kind, I have found many to be quite civil, but underneath you can feel the evil within each of them. One must be careful whenever speaking to the demons, but they can be controlled and reasoned with. I have had many words with Lies in Truth, my informant. One must always keep in mind that even after numerous conversations with a demon, that demon will try to kill you if given a chance. You must understand how to interact with the demon. There are rules by which most demons live by. The problem is finding which rules apply to which demons.

Malfeas, the Realm of Demons is a city of brass and stone. The Yozis do not so much inhabit the Demon City as they define it. Their flesh forms the world, it weather and it greatest landmarks. The most powerful demons are not imprisoned in this plane, they are the prison.

“WELL, WHAT DO YOU THINK OF IT.” Shemaru spoke as he walked over to Spider. “MOL VARESI HAD MANY DIFFERENT IDEAS RUNNING IN HIS HEAD. ONE OF CREATION’S LEADING EXPERTS ON DEMONS. HE WAS A SORCERER OF GREAT POWER, MASTER OF THE SOLAR CIRCLE OF ADAMANT, YET NEAR THE END OF HIS LIFE HE GIVEN UP ON MAGIC. HE REFUSED TO USE IT, EVEN WHEN THE DRAGON BLOODED CAME FOR HIM DURING THE GREAT UPRISING.”

The Eclipse

From his memory Fifth Bodhisattva is able to pull out the common associations that the Messenger and Sword stand for, but as to what the exact meaning could be, of that he simply didn’t have the knowledge to figure out. For anything more, he’d need to seek out a diviner or astrologer, lucky those were fairly plentiful here in Yane.

The Messenger: Duty, raptors, bravery, arrogance, journeys, communication, selflessness, news

The Sword: Slow and painful death, perseverance, failure, illness, tribulations, inheritance, resignation, vanquished

The Mortal and The Zenith

The thugs move forward and came at Leon, but he was prepared. Their weapons are out and in moments they would be on him.

[sblock=The Battle]Please roll Join Battle. Invisible Castle’s website has a way to copy paste your rolls nicely. Here’s a quick map of the battle. If you have an image you’d prefer for your character just post it up in the OOC thread.

Map [/sblock]

Lonoto

First Post
Leon grins, his left arm coming down to his side, sliding off of the staff, and his right whipping it out in front of him. He wields it less like a sword and more like an extension of his own body, his left hand coming to his side and resting on his tonfa. "Fools."

[sblock=OOC]Wits 2 + Awareness 2 = Roll 4...
1 Success[/sblock]

figmike

First Post

The four bandits move quickly towards him, Leon readies his weapons. The closest one, the one that seems like the leader swings his club to Leon’s high inside, but he is able to bring his Tonfa up and stop the attack from connecting.

A second later another thug, this one a woman slashes her short sword at his legs, but he quickly jumps over the attack. Almost simultaneously another club wielder brings his weapon down on the ground, missing the man completely.

[sblock=Battle Thus far]
Combatants: Leon, Thug 1, 2, 3, 4

Thug #3, Thug #4 Short Sword DV 4 SOAK: 2L/5B (Light Buff Armor)
Thug #1, Thug #2 Club DV 3 SOAK: 2L/5B (Light Buff Armor)

Initiative Count
0 – 5 Thug #1 Attack Club 5 successes Miss Note: -1 DV starting Count 1
1 – 6 Thug #2 Attack Club 0 successes Miss Note: -1 DV Starting Count 2
1 – 4 Thug #3 Attack Short Sword 3 successes Miss Note: -1 DV Starting Count 2
1 -- ? Leon Waiting
6 -- ? Thug #4 Waiting

Current Initiative Count: 1[/sblock]

[sblock=What all this means] We are on Count 1. To make everything easy to figure out, I will only post or except actions from the Current Initiative Count.

I’m always going to assume you are using Dodge as DV, unless you have posted you are holding a weapon with a higher DV than your Dodge DV. If unarmed, unless you tell me different, I will assume you are not willing to take damage with a parry, such as parrying a sword with your fist. If this is something you want to do, post a cool description of intent to do that next round.

When you post you tell me how you’re attacking. If you think you deserve Stunt dice bonuses, ask me for them before posting your attack roll. This will slow the game down, but is the only fair way to handle stunts. If you just want to attack, roll and use the DV's listed and use the notes listed.

Since anyone on any one count goes at the same time, I will always post the NPC’s actions. Even if they have killed you this Initiative Count, you still get to post an action. It is possible for two characters to hit and kill each other at the same time. All wound effects happen on the next Initiative Count.

Because these guys aren’t that skilled there is no Onslaught Penalty for fighting three opponents. Which would only apply if they had hit you.

Also, since Leon is not using Martial Arts Charms, there is no in game reason he couldn’t use Armor and still fight with Martial Arts, since you can afford the cost of cheaper armors, feel free to equip yourself with one. (light armors like Buff Jacket at least. Which looks like something Jet Lee would wear anyways)[/sblock]

kalgalath

First Post
ooc
[sblock]i think you mena co-ordinated penalties, cos onslaught penalties are what happen when you get flurried[/sblock]

Skies looked on with some interest, wondering how the lone fighter would fare.

Lonoto

First Post
Leon lands amidst his attackers, looking around and grinning. Picking out the leader , he kept his tonfa ready to defend against the others as his stick whipped out, lashing the thug almost like a whip. He would swing three more times, bearing down on the man, before entering a defensive stance. "It would seem that you are not very well trained with that weapon, no?"

[sblock=OOC]Stick Accuracy 10 = 10 dice
Flurry 3 = -3 dice, -4 dice, -5 dice
Accuracy Rolls = 7 dice, 6 dice, 5 dice
DV penalty = -3

7 successes, 6 successes, 2 successes.

Attack 1 and 2 hit.
Damage 1 = 6B + 4 extra successes - 5B Soak = 5B
Damage 2 = 6B + 3 extra successes - 5B Soak = 4B

2 successes, 2 successes.

Total Damage = 4 HL.

Optional = Or, if using extras have 3 HLs and every 3 raw damage = 1 HL lost, then he's down 2 HLs and on his last.

On tick 5, Guard Action (refresh DV).

I would ask for a stunt, but since it's only one die it is moot as a mortal :p. Also, I'll RP him picking up the armour when he gets to Nexus, but basically in his back story there is no way of him having armour, since they just didn't use it in his village. Besides, I feel like I want to RP him singing for his supper + gold and then going to the market place and bartering, could be fun.

Edit: Argh flip, sorry about the name thing. Didn't read it until after doing the rolls. I'll add E2 to my name from now on![/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"Had he told why he had turned his back to his magic?" asks Spider "Sorcery is a tool and is no more evil or good than the person who wield it, just like an axe. A lumberjack would be able to cut teh tree that would be needed to build an house and to heat it. The same axe, in the hand of a bandit, could be use to kill travelers for there goods."

His eyes turns back to the book. "I have some difficulty to conceptualize that a greater demon could be the prison of the other demons, but that the demon doesn't see a difference between themselves, but value each other on there strength and essence make a lot of senses. Why bother about the origin of another? What you really care would be if it can beat you or not."

figmike

First Post

"It would seem that you are not very well trained with that weapon, no?" Leon said right before the man drops to the ground. Almost immediately the woman with the sword slashes at him again, but he brings his tonfa up to protect himself. The sword bounces off the wooden baton, and Leon takes up a guarded position. The last thug, also using a sword takes a swipe at the man, but in Leon’s defensive position he has little chance of connecting.

[sblock=The Battle So Far]Combatants: Leon, Thug 1, 2, 3, 4

Thug #3, Thug #4 Short Sword DV 4 SOAK: 2L/5B (Light Buff Armor)
Thug #1, Thug #2 Club DV 3 SOAK: 2L/5B (Light Buff Armor)

Initiative Count
0 – 5 Thug #1 Attack (OUT)
7-11 Thug #2 Waiting
5-8 Thug #3 Attack (3 Successes, Miss) -1 DV
6-8 Leon Guard -0 DV
6 --10 Thug #4 Attack (2 Successes, Miss) -1DV

Current Initiative Count: 6

Let me know how long you want to Guard

Thug 2 will attack on 7, Thug 3 on 8

Note: The rule about not rolling for Extra’s I’ve always felt has more to do with speed of game play, so if you want to take the time to roll the damage, go for it, or just use the 3 dice = 1 HL. If you roll less than the 3/1HL rule then bump it up to that much. Their Extras, I really don’t care about them that much.[/sblock]

The Twilight:

“THERE ARE MANY RUMORS ABOUT WHY HE GAVE UP ON MAGIC, SOME SAY IT WAS BECAUSE HE SPENT TOO MUCH TIME WITH DEMONS, AND THEY CORRUPTED HIS MIND. I DO NOT KNOW WHY HE GAVE UP ON MAGIC. PERHAPS SOMEDAY YOU WILL TELL ME.” The earth elemental looked at him with a knowing smirk on his face, and then continued.

“AS FOR THE ORIGIN OF DEMONS. THEY ARE THE CREATORS OF THE WORLD, THE PRIMORDIALS. WHO THEY ARE, AND HOW THEY CAME TO BE MIGHT BE THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION EVER ASKED.’

”AND THERE IS A MAJOR DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE YOZIS AND WHAT ARE CONSIDERED THE MALFEANS, SOMETHING NOT EVEN THE GREAT MOL VARESI THOUGHT OF: THE MALFEANS WERE KILLED. THE YOZIS WERE NOT.’

“BUT ANSWER ME THIS, SOLAR. HOW DO YOU KILL THAT WHICH WAS NEVER BORN? WHAT HAPPENS TO THE BODY? WHAT HAPPENS TO THE SOUL?”

Lonoto

First Post
Leon grinned at his own defensive prowess. "I never thought that it would be this easy. It seems that those untrained in the martial arts truly are naive of the ways of combat. This should be a cinch." Leon suddenly whipped the stick in the air, grabbing his nunchaku from his waist and swinging it at one of the thugs with swords. Unfortunately, Leon's distracted mind meant that his swing is more than a little noticeable, and the thug managed to parry the blow.

"Hmm... untrained, but my lack of focus can still undo me. Right. Into the void..." With that, Leon's eyes seemed to refocus, harden, and crystallize as they bear down upon his opponents. The stick, however, remained high enough in the air that it was difficult to see.

[sblock=OOC]Act on Tick 7.
Attack Thug #3 once with Nunchaku. Accuracy 11 dice.
DV Penalty = -1 Until tick 12
Rolled 1 successes.

- Agh, flipping eh! 1 success on 11 dice! =|!

I couldn't find rules for drawing weapons, so I did it as a stunt, if that's OK.[/sblock]

Remove ads