• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Circle

kalgalath

First Post
Skies wanted a bit of excitement from this particular impromptu show. Sadly, the entire fiasco was turning out to be rather boring. Sliding off his rock, Skies strolled past the embroiled fighters to check on the comatose highwayman. He didn't want anybody seriously hurt, after all.

Velmont

First Post
"I can't tell why Mol Varesi have turned upon magic yet, but I've never liked the possibility to summon demons. They should stay in Malfeas, in there prison. As far as I know, they cannot escape alone, they need the help of someone in the Creation to appear here.

But I think you are not right about the demons. They are born, or maybe the term created would be more appropriate. Only the primordials have been existing as far as anyone know actually. And some of them have been killed. The death of the Neverborn have changed the creation, but the Uncoquered Sun have seen that his sons, the Solar's Exalted, had teh possibility to destroy the demons and spirits that haunt the creation. How it works exactly, I do not know, I've been trying to find that technique again, but when a demon or a ghost is killed, someone who has master this technique is able to destroy the creature, instead of dismissing it.

Now, the problem, it is if I ever devellop that technique again, I cannot simply hunt one by one the demons and ghost of this world. It is the root of the problem that must be attacked, and thus, the tree won't grow again. Also, it is not sure that technique would be enough to kill a Yozis, and killing one might simply turn it into a Neverborn and thus strengthen the Underworld. That would simply change the problem of place.

And with the Wyld who threaten the creation every day, there is much to do to secure teh creation and we must not move mindlessly either."

figmike

First Post
“HAVE I TAUGHT YOU NOTHING?” the Stone Elemental looked at his pupil. “PRIMORDIALS WERE THE FIRST BEINGS, THEY WERE NOT BORN, THEY SIMPLY WERE. THE LESSER DEMONS, THOSE OF THE THIRD CIRCLE AND LESSER, WERE THEIR CHILDREN AND CREATIONS, THOSE CAN BE DESTROYED. BUT TO DESTROY THAT WHICH WAS NEVER DESIGNED TO DIE? THE DEATHS OF THE PRIMORDIALS CREATED A GREAT IMBALANCE. THE UNDERWORLD WAS NOT PREPARED FOR THE EVENT. THEIR BODIES WERE TWISTED INTO WHAT IS THE DEMON WORLD, BUT THEIR DARK SOULS HAD NO WHERE TO GO. THEY ARE THE NEVERBORN, THE DREAMERS. NOT DEAD, YET NOT ALIVE.”

Shemaru starts to move away, his odd looking cat shifts from one shoulder to the other, keeping a eye on Spider as it does. “THAT IS ENOUGH FOR ONE DAY. GO SEE THE SPYMISTRESS. MIRROR DOES NOT LIKE HAVING TO WAIT, AND WE’VE ALREADY GONE OVER OUR TIME FOR THE DAY.” The large creature starts moving down to a row of books, placing a large hand on them as he does. He looks back at Spider for a moment, then leaves.

“AHHHHH!” cries out one of the brigands, swinging his club towards Leon, but his attack doesn’t even come close. Then the two outlaws with short swords slash their swords at the martial artists, but he knocks their attacks back with his nunchaku. By the time Leon is ready for his next attack, all three had attacked and failed to connect, and the first one with the club had brought his club against him again, but he still couldn’t get past Leon’s defense. A look of worry had entered the eyes of the man holding the club. Leon could sense his fear, this man was on the verge of running.

[sblock=The Battle so far]
Combatants: Leon, Thug 1, 2, 3, 4

Thug #3, Thug #4 Short Sword DV 4 SOAK: 2L/5B (Light Buff Armor)
Thug #1, Thug #2 Club DV 3 SOAK: 2L/5B (Light Buff Armor)

Initiative Count
0 – 5 Thug #1 Attack (OUT)
7-12, Attack, 12-17 Attack Thug #2 miss-1 DV
9-13 Thug #3 Attack miss-1 DV
7-12 Leon Attack, miss -1 DV
10-14 Thug #4 Attack miss-1DV

Current Initiative Count: 12
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
As the elemental leaves, Spider add one thing. "As you told, they were never designed to die. If that's true, something or someone have designed the primodial and they need to be undesigned..."

In the beggining, there was the Primordials and the Wyld. The Primodials have created the Creation for shielding themselves... and if the solution was that, not to destroy the Wyld and the demons, but turned them one against the other and make sure the creation would not be there battlefield. thinks Spider.

He stands up and takes the book he had been reading. He walks toward teh bookshelves and quickly find teh place where that book should be placed. He gently slide the book into the hole left between two books.

But why the Wyld would try to enter Malfeas? And how could the demon leaves their prison. And how to contain such war outside the creation. That idea seems somehow impossible, I'll have to think about that.

Spider leaves the library and head toward the quater of the spymistress. What news have she falen on that could be important to a young Solar like himself? He wondered.

Lonoto

First Post
Leon, regaining focus, turns towards the club wielder. He chambers his nunchaku and shakes his finger at the man, tsking slightly, as the stick he had thrown up earlier lands in the ground in front of one of the sword wielding thugs. This is Leon's cue, as he turns, ducks around the stick and reaches out in an arc with his nunchaku.

[sblock=OOC]OK, I'm going to ask for a 2-die stunt, making it 1-die as per mortal rules, but I'll do the rolls right now as if I got it and redo them if you think I deserve otherwise.

Act on Tick 12.
Attack Thug #3. Accuracy 11 + 1 stunt die = 12 dice.
DV penalty -1 until Tick 17.
4 successes. Hit.
Damage 9B + 1 Excess Success - 5B Soak = 5 dice blunt damage.
3 successes.[/sblock]

figmike

First Post
With a snap of his nunchacku Leon sends the bandit to the ground. One of the others watches this and then starts to run down the path as fast he can. By the time he’s a fair distance the last remaining thug looks about, realizes he’s out classed and takes off after his companion.

During the course of the battle Leon notices the bald man making his way towards the fallen combatant. Could this be the leader of the group, or just another traveler?

[sblock=The Battle Thus Far]Combatants: Leon, Thug 1, 2, 3, 4

Thug #3, Thug #4 Short Sword DV 4 SOAK: 2L/5B (Light Buff Armor)
Thug #1, Thug #2 Club DV 3 SOAK: 2L/5B (Light Buff Armor)

Initiative Count
0 – 5 Thug #1 (OUT)
17-20 Thug #2 (Dash) -2 DV
9-13 Thug #3 OUT
12-17 Leon Attack, hit -1 DV
14-17 Thug #4 DASH -2 DV

Current Initiative Count: 17[/sblock]

kalgalath

First Post
Skies ran a single hand over the fallen man's chakra gates, two fingers extended to gently touch each of them, looking for the rudimentary essence flows that keep every man alive and well.
[SBLOCK]Wits + Medicine for 6 dice. 0 suxx http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1162257[/SBLOCK]
Frowning in confusion, Skies focused on his patient. He was clearly breathing but his diagnosis suggested that he had been dead for a few days. Skies tried again, this time simply holding on to a single vital point.
[SBLOCK]2nd wits + medicine roll for 6 dice. 3 suxx at -1 external penalty for 2 overall suxx http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1162260[/SBLOCK]
Satisfied that the fallen man was going to be alright, albeit with a massive headache when he awoke, Skies stood and prepared to leave the melee.

Lonoto

First Post
Leon Meets Fallen Skies

Leon looked away from the fleeing bandits and focused his attention on the bald man who had just been looking over one of his fallen foes. "Oi, baldy, you their leader or something?" Leon frowns, turning his body to face the bald traveler. He is still holding onto his nunchaku, his right hand was almost touching his right shoulder so that the other end of the nunchaku hangs behind his back, and his left coming around the front to grab it and pull the chain taut. Leon's stance deepened, as he prepared to receive, parry, and give a blow.

kalgalath

First Post
Skies turned to the young man, a gentle smile on his face, his hands held out in front of him, open and unthreatening. With a flick of his wrist, he gestured to the thug approaching the young man from behind.
"Shouldn't you be more worried about him?"

Lonoto

First Post
Leon's stance relaxed slightly. "The other two are running away, I can hear their footsteps. Now, I will ask again, are you their leader, and if not, who are you?" Leon kept his nunchaku out, and with an eye on the bald man, he casually walked over and retrieved his stick.

Remove ads