The Creation Schema:THE FINAL BATTLE FOR POSSESSION OF THE SCHEMA

THE CREATION SCHEMA
SEGMENT 306
12/09/06
“The Warning”

Wall has lost any and all patience with the Claw and Dragons. He marches into the closest tavern and looks for the easiest mark and goes to him. The rest of the party in tow. Pelor is going on about if this is really necessary. Pebbles insists it is.

This patron freaks out and tries to leave once Talon enters the building. Wall pushes him back down. The other two patrons become nervous also. The bartender asks them to leave. Wall simply says no and spills the man’s drink by “accident”.

“Where is the Claw hiding now?” and he grabs the man’s hand as the man picks up the glass.

“Where is this dragon that we have heard so much about?”

silence.

CRACK! AIIIEEE!

“I just crushed the glass within this man’s hand. I believe I even broke a bone. Where is the Claw?”

nothing

SNAP

“Oh no. This man just broke a finger. The Claw. The Dragon. Where are they hiding?”

Pelor looks to the ground. He whispers to Pebbles. “I disapprove of these methods. Wall wasn’t like this before.”

SNAP “oops”

“How was he before?”

“Aggressive but he didn’t hurt innocent people.”

SNAP “How many more?”

“We don’t know anything!” shouts the owner.

Wall looks at the pathetic man before him. He has soiled himself and now kneels in the mess. Annoyed and disgusted, Wall lets the man’s hand fall to the table with an audible thud. The man pulls his bloodied and bent hand to himself and curls up under the table.

“Let’s go. Looks like we have to do everything ourselves.”

Then the door opens and the wind rushes in.

Standing in the doorway is a big armored figure with a hefty axe and shield. It turns its oddly shaped head slightly to look around the room then centers on the group. “Stop looking for the Creation Schema. Agents of Xulo and Xulo-12 can not be allowed to get their hands on the Schemas. Everything will change as we know of it otherwise.”

“And who are you?” asks Talon trying to intimidate the stranger.

“I am Crysis of the Chamber. That is all you need to know.” And then the figure backs away into the dark.

“After him!” charges Wall even as Talon grabs his sword.

They get outside and find… nothing. Talon begins to become frustrated and angry. Wall and Xen arrive next. Two men are there walking by and begin to run away as Wall stares at them. Another man, dressed in flowing robes is seen walking towards them from a dark alley. Wall gets in his face. Talon leans over the two of them.

“Where is he? Where did he go?!?”

“!?!” Stammers the person in confusion.

“Spit it out!” yells Wall even as Pebbles comes out to see what is happening now. Xen has his bow drawn. He expects trouble. It comes. Suddenly Talon screams out in pain and agony as blood splatters everywhere. The shimmering image of the armored humanoid appears. His wicked axe is now gored in blood.

“I see you are not the good type. You will do whatever suits you and your primitive needs. Have at thee.” And the creature attacks again nearly killing the hybrid. If not for Pebbles and Xen he would have. This activity is unseen as Wall continues to go after the man. When he senses the activity he suspects the man has set them up. The man takes a hard hit with a punch and doubles over. Wall is not done.

The armored foe takes to the sky and attempts to fly away but Pebbles chases after him.

The robed man turns invisible and hides. Wall grumbles then returns to the main fight. When he sees how badly Talon is hurt he reaches into his mind and psionically teleports Pelor to where Wall is and he to the poor soiled man inside. Pelor is confused for a moment until he sees the blood and gore that was Talon and goes to work.

Pebbles grapples with the Armored warrior and keeps him from escaping. Wall looks up and once more switches places psionically but this time with Pebbles. The warrior tries to escape but can not. Then Wall psionically enlarges…. and enlarges again. The weight of the HUGE Wall drives the warrior to the ground and crushes him into the ground. The others attack him as he is smothered under Wall’s bulk.

Talon, still unsteady, walks over and beheads the defeated warrior. Looking his freed head they realize he is / was some sort of reptilian humanoid (1/2 Dragon Bugbear). In no mood for games and wanting more answers, Talon and Wall pins the body up to a wooden wall and writes in blood-

WE WILL DESTROY THE CHAMBER

Happy with themselves they begin to leave but are called to stop. Turning, several heavily armored humanoids are walking towards them.

No, not humanoids…. Warforged!

Solarious

Explorer
I'm scared to admit it, but Cedious was like the group's moral compass. Now he's gone, things have gone completely pear shaped. It's strange the balancing effects that selfishness and greed has on the psyche, don't you agree? :uhoh:

Nah, what am I talking about? The group were always psychos, even without Cedious. :lol:

THE CREATION SCHEMA
SEGMENT 307
12/09/06
“Axe-Whole”

“GIVE US THE SCHEMA!” declares a warforged holding a large axe.

“WE don’t have it. Go bug the Elderich dwarf.” Snarls Talon. He is not having a good night and is prepared to destroy this bucket of wood and bolts if he must.

“We have heard that you may have it. It is why the Damned Claw seeks you. Give it to us…NOW.” And he holds out his axe.

“Look Axehole, I am not in the mood. Leave or else.” Snarls Talon. The others gather around him except for Pelor whom already knows where this is heading and holds onto his holy symbol to begin calling up healing magic.

The robed man that Wall was thinking was with the reptilian has become invisible again and moves away from the main party. He doesn’t understand what is going on but enough is enough.

“Destroy the fleshlings. Then hang them up as they have this creature.” Calls out the lead warforged as he suddenly charges. The others follow him.

Xen targets him firing magical arrows into him. The hiding mage calls up enhanced magic and blasts the warforged even as they run to Wall and Talon.

Talon is teamed up on and the Axe wielder strikes very hard several times ( hit 3 times- 2 were confirmed crits) and he goes down in pieces. For this action Pebbles and Xen finish him off quickly. The other five warforged warriors continue to fight and cut away at them but the end is clear.

Talon is dead.

“This day has really sucked ……” oh now what?!?” cries out Wall.

He and others see the onlookers whom are all looking to the sky. Something can be seen against a moon.

A DRAGON!

The group been getting away from their normal role playing and becoming more blood thirsty. I think they are becoming tired of the campaign. This is by farthest the highest level they have ever run a game. But they insist on reaching Epic Level so we'll see. I am gearing the adventure to play into that "pick a fight" mode they are in. This is assuming they survive the encounters coming up.

why oh why did they decide to pick a fight with a large group of dragons.....?!?

THE CREATION SCHEMA
SEGMENT 308
12/09/06
“XULO-12”

The huge construct has not moved in nearly three days. It’s mind is elsewhere. It is scanning the known sections of its kingdom for specific persons. What is it scanning for? Its ½ brother and anyone with the knowledge of its whereabouts.

Finally a Stone Golem arrives. Within its grasp is a large tome. The title is written in common. The Huge construct looks at it and reads it out loud. “Cannith Journal of Agent Guise.” It opens the large tome and finds blank pages. With a cold emotionless sigh, it holds out its hand over the blank pages. The ring softly glows and the writing within appears.

It reads silently through several pages. It then murmurs softly. “It is about my ½ brother. I now know where to take him when we find his mind. Excellent.” It reads further and reads for two days straight. Finished, it slowly closes the tome and sets it on a high shelf within its workshop.

“The tome explains everything. It explains where House Cannith found my ½ Brother, how they assembled his mind and brought him to his home. There, he became Xulo. He helped the humans build the Warforged. He helped build the Creation Forges.”

The golem walks to the window and looks out over its kingdom. “But the humans were not happy with that. They tried to recreate him also. He was torn apart and scattered his remains through the world they live on. From their studies, they tried to recreate him. And they instead created me. Xulo-12.

But they left me. Left here on this world. The world of conflict. The world of war. The world of the Warforged!” It raises its large arm into the air. It looks like it could destroy anything in its path.

“Together with my ½ brother, we will rule this world and the world of Eberron! Construct 3456- Get me the generals. It is time. It is time to recover my brother!”

A Steel humanoid, with a hammer for a hand, leaps away to gather the forces. War is here.

THE CREATION SCHEMA
SEGMENT 309
12/09/06
“Trapped”

“Okay….THAT was a bad idea.”

Using his new dark vision goggles, the halfling looks around his environment. It is a 15 x15 x15 cell. Stone with a heavy duty wood and iron door. No light what so ever.

Cedious looks around and decides it is time to leave. He pulls out his magical rapier and stabs into the wall. It stops abruptly. He stabs again and again and the same thing happens each time. “Adamantine laced walls….?”

He goes for the door instead. He stabs into it without looking for traps and electricity courses through him and he is thrown back into the wall… smoking.

“That’s…. That’s okay. I’ll sleep now. Tired. I will stay here …. for now.”

Closes his blistered eyes. “ow”

And thus the Halfling is trapped… for now.

Last edited:

THE CREATION SCHEMA
SEGMENT 310
12/23/06
“A Dragon’s Rage”

The aggressive adventurers stop and wait for the creature to land. It lands out of view but shortly walks to them.

“What has transpired here? There is much violence here…even for Storm Reach.” The Large Silver Dragon says as it slowly advances down the street.

“Nothing much. Just killing Warforged.” Says Wall.

The Silver dragon looks over the group. If it has made an opinion of them it does not reveal it. It looks at the broken and gashed warforged. Again, no reaction. Then Wall and Talon step away from the ½ dragon humanoid’s hoisted and bloodied body. The eyes burn a brighter blue. The scales visibly shake. The wings twitch. “What …have…you…done?” it says in obvious restrained anger.

“It attacked us so we killed it.” Says Talon.

“IT?!?”

“Yeah.”

“IT has a name. IT has the name of Crysis. IT was a friend of mine. IT worked for me….no with me….” The claws dig into the stone and dirt that make up the packed down street.

Pelor turns from healing and tries to quell the situation. It is too late.

The Dragon attacks quickly and furiously. It also attacks without a plan and reason.

The group is quick to surround it while staying apart so that the breath weapon doesn’t strike the majority of the party at once. Now even the bravest onlookers flee the scene.

The crazed dragon doesn’t last long as it attacks without reason or plan. It has played into the group’s fighting style.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases