• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Crux of the Matter

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I might be? Annoyed that you didn't take my generous offer. So be it, Rinaldo di Senzio. You shall die here, but fear not--all those beautiful magic items of yours will find a good home."

*The hazy mist solidifies into a solid form, though it is still surrounded by mist. It almost looks like a pretty female Rinaldo, complete with a fine rapier in her hand and throwing daggers at her belt.*

(OOC: Rinaldo's Turn)

Velmont

First Post
"If you insist, I'll use my best weapon." He draws his rapier and put on guard and then shouts to his teammate. "IT'S TIME TO STOP SLEEPING, WE GOT COMPANY." and adds for her opponent "I do not walk with that annoying bunch for leaving them behind."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Rinaldo starts in full defence, weapon in hand and shield ready, and call his friends to help. If Hogarth hear the call.[/SBLOCK]

Hogarth hears Rinaldo. "Come on... Rinaldo... needs help!" he tells, as he draws his shield and move toward the door.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Everyone hears the call. They can act after the enemy)

*Rinaldo carries himself in a defensive position. His opponent makes a quick feint with her rapier, and Rinaldo barely falls for it. This causes Rinaldo to lose his defensive advantage, allowing her to slip in and attack his vitals in the most pathetic critical strike he has ever seen, accompanied by stinging pain as the attack bursts an artery.*

(OOC: Ooo, and you lose the +6 AC for Total Defense. By the way, you'll get +7 AC for Fighting Defensively + Full Combat Expertise, plus you actually get to attack, even though it will surely miss

Rinaldo takes 9 Damage (pretty crappy for a critical with 3d6 Sneak Attack, actually)

Everyone Else's Turn)

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn will stand with a hearty laugh (which is very odd from him) and head out to find Rinaldo, "What have you gotten yourself into this time my dear friend? Hopefully nothing your wife will disapprove of."

When he finds Rinaldo battling a shadowy female twin he'll loose a volley of magic missiles still chuckling to some private joke.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Tenebrynn's spell does not fail due to armour, and so three missiles of force shoot forth to strike the woman, ignoring her fine chain shirt and buckler as Magic Missiles are wont.*

(OOC: E takes 11 Damage)

Knight Otu

First Post
Ashnar stands back for now, feeling he should watch his own back from the rest of the party. He readies to cast a scorching ray from his wand if something hostile (at least, more hostile than Rinaldo) enters the room, however.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Okay, so we have something like this where Ashnar does not have line-of-sight? Works for me--Vanitri is left)
Code:
     _______
   T|  L  A|
ER  \      |
   H|      |
    |V_____|

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo, cursing himself to have fallen to such trick, try to use his own on the creature in front of him.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Rinaldo feint with 16, Attack with 18, Damage with 1 and Sneak with 7 damage.

Rinaldo have taken -2/+2 with Combat Expertise[/SBLOCK]

Hogarth move next to Rinaldo while drawing his morningstar and swing at the creature with just as much ease as Rinaldo.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Hogarth hit 18 and damage for 9[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: It's been three days since Vanitri's turn, and he's a melee character, so I can probably guess what he does this round)

*Vanitri advances out of the room sullenly, drawing his weapons and making a morose attack with his rapier which manages to connect for a small amount of damage.*

*Rinaldo tries to make a feint, but perhaps because she has just done exactly the same thing, his opponent sees right through his bluff and ignores it, dodging the true attack carefully.*

*Casting on the defensive and able to make her movements without being interrupted by her Chain Shirt, the woman grins and tosses a Fireball, exploding around everyone except Ashnar, who is out of range of the blast. Laynie is knocked to the ground, unconscious but still alive, Rinaldo and Vanitri dodge the blast completely, and Tenebrynn and Hogarth are badly burned but still standing.*

"Rogues rogues rogues. I hate it when they do that, but still, seeing you jump all around like that was pretty amusing. After all these years, you've still got it girl--boom! Elf boy's dead for sure on the rebound."

*Hogarth misses her as she talks.*

(OOC: E takes 6, Total 17

Tenebrynn and Hogarth take 21 Damage each. Ouch, just realised Tenebrynn has 10 Con. How's that been working out back before the d10 if you're barred from False Life?

Tenebrynn, Ashnar, Vanitri)

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo make a simple move of teh head. Hogarth treis to move on one of her side and Rinaldo move on the other. He attacks and doesn't seem to be much better then before. Hogarth, on his side, only threaten but doesn't seem to attack.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Rinaldo move 5 feet toward teh bracket, feint for 19, attack for 18, damage for 1 and sneak for 12 (Here the roll). No Combat Expertise and also, you shoudl add +2 to his attack if he got the bracket.

Hogarth continue to move to get the bracket if he doesn't have it with Rinaldo (5 feet only) and then ready action. If she cast, he will cast a dispel magic to counterspell.[/SBLOCK]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads