• Welcome to this new upgrade of the site. We are now on a totally different software platform. Many things will be different, and bugs are expected. Certain areas (like downloads and reviews) will take longer to import. As always, please use the Meta Forum for site queries or bug reports. Note that we (the mods and admins) are also learning the new software.
  • The RSS feed for the news page has changed. Use this link. The old one displays the forums, not the news.

The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance | Trailer | Netflix

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Okay, so here is what you do...

The "Insert video" item in the editor bar is for video files you have locally on a hard drive that you want to upload.

FOr linking to videos on sites like youtube: See that "Media" option? Use that - it allows you to enter a URL.

video embed.jpg

In terms of BB code, that is
[MEDIA=youtube]a3_owZfYVR8[/MEDIA]

doctorbadwolf

Explorer
Age of Resistance is set well before the movie, in the age when the Skeksis were attempting to solidify their hold on the world of Thra.
Ah, so we kinda already know what's going to happen? Maybe I should wait to rewatch Dark Crystal until after I've seen this, then.

Tonguez

Adventurer
Ah, so we kinda already know what's going to happen? Maybe I should wait to rewatch Dark Crystal until after I've seen this, then.
one of the things that intrigues me is how the story will balance the epic heroics with our knowledge that ultimately the protagonist have to fail in order for the events of the Dark Crystal movie to occur.

But yeah, theres a 1000 year time span between the two stories ...

I'm a big fan of the movie and this looks decent enough, but I just don't know how they can make it work when we know "the resistance" doesn't work and the Skeksis win.

I would have been far more interested in either a sequel series or a series about the "Fall" when the original race split into the Skeksis and Mystics. This just seems...unnecessary?

doctorbadwolf

Explorer
I'm a big fan of the movie and this looks decent enough, but I just don't know how they can make it work when we know "the resistance" doesn't work and the Skeksis win.

I would have been far more interested in either a sequel series or a series about the "Fall" when the original race split into the Skeksis and Mystics. This just seems...unnecessary?
I also would have found a sequel more compelling, on a premise level, but it looks really good so I’m gonna give it a chance regardless.

Advertisement