The easiest & quickest RPGs?

scourger

Explorer
greywulf said:
I've been thinking about this quite a bit today, and come up with my own microlite system. I wanted something that's tiny (76k, 2 page pdf) and pretty d20 compatable. It might be of use the other folks out here. I dunno.

Details and download here: http://wiki.greywulf.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/LupusGris/D20Microlite

That's pretty freakin' smart! I grabbed it and bookmarked it. It may make D&D playable for me again. Thanks for sharing it.

EDIT: I would extend the concept by making actions simple. Each person can do one thing a round. If you use the word "and", then it's not just one thing.

Last edited:

greywulf

First Post
scourger said:
That's pretty freakin' smart! I grabbed it and bookmarked it. It may make D&D playable for me again. Thanks for sharing it.

Thanks!

I tried to drop a line or two about what an action is but just plain ran out of space. I'll take another look later today and see if I can squeeze it in somewhere.

I agree, actions should just be "one thing", /including/ movement. Makes for much simpler, quicker combat and get rid of all that "immediate/swift/standard/full action" silliness.

EDIT: I've uploaded a new version with info about actions and initiative, and clarified skill ranks a little. I'm done!

Last edited:

scourger

Explorer
greywulf said:
Thanks!

I tried to drop a line or two about what an action is but just plain ran out of space. I'll take another look later today and see if I can squeeze it in somewhere.

I agree, actions should just be "one thing", /including/ movement. Makes for much simpler, quicker combat and get rid of all that "immediate/swift/standard/full action" silliness.

EDIT: I've uploaded a new version with info about actions and initiative, and clarified skill ranks a little. I'm done!

It's very cool. I think you should start a new topic/thread and see how it is received.

I suggest Toon and Feng Shui.

Paranoia may fit the bill for players. You may want to allow a bit more time if you want to GM it. On the other hand, Paranoia does lend itself to wing it style GM's. If players question you...ZZAP...activate your next clone.

Olaf the Stout

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads