The Fall of Manlich and Horrible affairs that come after

Walking Dad

First Post
Terminus retries to hit the giant, this time summoning hellish flames!
[sblock=ooc]

Standard: Hellish rebuke at the giant.
Hellish rebuke (hit, damage, curse) (1d20+12=26, 1d6+7=10, 1d6=6)
hits Reflex 26 for 16 damage

Active: Summons Armor of Agathys

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Terminus
Perception: 16 Insight: 21 Low-light Vision
AC 24 Fortitude 21 Reflex 20 Will 19
Hit Points: 67 / 72 Bloodied: 36
Temporary Hit Points: 12
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 8 Surges per day: 11 / 11
Encounter Powers: Howl of Doom, Fiery Bolt, Diabolic Grasp, Ethereal Stride
Daily Powers: Summons of Khirad, Hunger of Hadar, Armor of Agathys, Shroud of Black Steel
[/sblock][/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Indulgence knows that the trick to fighting giants is not to look up-- focus on the legs, on what's in front of you. stop the legs, and you stop the giant. This one seems barely to qualify; it's not that much bigger than a human, really. Still, she attacks the legs, hoping to prevent it running.

She stabs, but her blade only glances off the giant's legs.

Opportunity attack only:

1d20+12 (incl. flanking bonus) to hit = 17 (an additional +1 if giant is bloodied)
1d8+3 Damage (if successful) = 10

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1704915/

(Actions for the turn will wait until we see the outcome of these, please; it makes a difference to know whether the giant was able to break away from Djiminik.)

EDIT: (to make it easy) If giant is stopped, then Indulgence remains flanking and uses Commander's strike, allowing Djiminik a basic attack with +4 damage.
If not, Indulgence will move into a flanking position around the giant's new location (with a preference for giving Aramil a flank if he doesn't have one. Then use commander's strike to enable a basic attack from Aramil, if he is in a position of combat advantage, or Djiminik otherwise.

Also -- if people want to spend a surge, say so -- Indulgence can probably facilitate that.

Last edited:

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Aramil suddenly appears in a flanking position to the giant. He lunges out at the massive creature.

[sblock=action]

Used Fey Step to instantly teleport 5 squares. Use Clever Riposte on the giant

Clever Riposte (dex vs. fort) (1d20+15=22)

dmg for Clever Riposte (second 2d8 is if I have combat advantage) (2d8+9, 2d8=[1, 7, 9], [6, 7])

It's vs. AC not fort, I was reading the wrong description of a power. I fixed it though. Sorry.

If hits:
Dmg= 17 (30 if I have combat advantage)

Effect: Until the end of the encounter, the target takes damage equal to my dex mod (4) each time it attacks me, and I can shift as an immediate reaction after such an attack.
[/sblock]

Drowned Hero

First Post
Kral Juno Dragonborn Paladin in trouble HP:24/77

Kral mubmles some word under his breath as he is hurt badly and runes appears around him and ghouls are inflicted.

ooc:Hallowed Circle and spending 1 action point to gain a extra action. Action: healing surge (2d6=10)"] restoring Kral's hitpoints whit 10 + healing surge from Indulgence (2d6=4)Leaving Krals HP at 38

Mini stat block:
[sblock]Kral Juno
Perception: +6 Insight: +6 Normal Vision
AC 24 Fortitude 19 Reflex 10 Will 18
Hit Points: 77 Bloodied: 38
Temporary Hit Points: x
Healing Surge: 21 Surges per day: 11/12
Encounter Powers: Dragon Breath, Poison; Channel Divinity - Divine Mettle [minor action], Divine strength [minor action]; Armor of Bahamut; Shielding Smite [Level 1]; Arcing Smite [Level 3]; Benign Transpositoin [Level 7];x
Daily Powers: On Pain of Death [Level 1]; Martyr's Blessing [Level 2 Utility][immediate interrupt]; Hallowed Circle [Level 5]; Wrath of the Gods [Level 6 Utility][minor action]; Radiant Pulse [Level 9][/sblock]
Hallowed Circle:
[sblock]
You wave your hand through the air, and a wide circle of faintly
glowing symbols appears around you, damaging enemies and
protecting allies within its confines.
Daily ✦ Divine, Implement, Zone
Standard Action Close burst 3
Target: Each enemy in burst
Attack: Charisma vs. Reflex
Hit: 2d6 + Charisma modifier damage.
Effect: The burst creates a zone of bright light. You and each
ally within the zone gain a +1 power bonus to all defenses
until the end of the encounter.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Logos7

First Post
Djiminik and Indulgence swing at the Giant as it moves away, missing barely.

Indulgence bides her time awaiting the battlefield to settle into semblence of form .

Kral writes the magical runes of holy order into a circle, destroying the remaining ghouls with its fierce glow (Armeil and Indulgence are in range for +1 to all defences until the end of the encounter)
The Giant is also slightly injured by the magic. 10 damage dealt
Djiminik moves into a flank postition , lashing out with another brutal strike. 20 damage dealt.

Armiel reappears behind the giant surprisingly, as indulgence moves in to provide the flank. lunging forward with his rapier dealing 16 damage and vexing the hulking brute mightly. 30 damage dealt and ongoing, Armiel make make another basic attack (+2/+4 I believe) from Indulgences commander's strike.

Terminus strikes out with more fell magic for 16 damage

The Giant is Bloodied! Reacting in rage from the pain of the punishing beat down it strikes out wildly!

20 vs Ac against Indulgence, If it hits it pushes her 2 squares back and knocks her prone
31 vs Ac against Armeil, If it hits it pushes him 2 squares back and knockes him prone
18 vs Ac against Djiminik, If it hits it pushes him 2 squares back and knockes him prone
20 vs Ac against Kral, If it hits it pushes him 2 squares back and knockes him prone.

(before the giant attacks, we have armiel and djiminik on one side of the brute, and indulgence and kral on the other, the giant is flanked. terminus is behind indulgence and kral (about 5 squares) , Sorry for the late post , I was waiting for Djiminik and missed he squesed a post in at the end of the last page)

Next Up Indulgence, Kral, Djiminik, Armiel ,Terminus

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
If Aramil is in a flanking position with combat advantage, Indulgence turns and uses commander's strike; if not, then commander's strike is used on Djiminik.

20 from the giant does not hit Indulgence.

Indulgence, eyes rolling, looks over her shield and shouts, "Hit him again!" A tone of surprise (though some might read it as disgust) is evident, as if she is shocked that this needs explaining.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Aramil flies through the air, landing surprisingly softly on the hard floor. He springs to his feet, preparing to charge back into the fray.

[sblock=ooc]

Please roll for me. Invisiblecastle didn't seem to want to work for me. I apologize.

Rapier +11 dmg: 1d8+5 plus whatever modifiers go on the end of that. If on of the rolls crit, I get +2d8 dmg due to it being a Duelist's Rapier.

I would prefer that Aramil rise, then use total defense for this round.

**edit: Can I use an athletics or a acrobatics check to basically roll with the attack to land back on my feet? Figured it couldn't hurt to ask.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Logos7

First Post
Armiel attacking when he has the oppurtunity misses, and is blowed off his feet.

(No checks to keep your feet, but it only takes a move action to get up, and you are outside of the giants reach so its not a big deal, total defence it is)

Drowned Hero

First Post
Kral Juno Dragonborn Hunting a gigant HP:77/77

''Get that piece of s.h.i.t down!' Kral again tenses his bow using his magic weapon.

Longbow: +7 vs Fort ; damage 1[W]=1d10+2 - Please Roll Invisible castle is down...

GM:[sblock]Hit point issue discussed in ooc thread is updated and corrct in this post[/sblock]

Magic Weapon:
[sblock]Thunderburst Weapon
Suddenly, the projectile explodes in a burst of violent sound.

Enhancement: Attack rolls and damage rolls Critical: +1d6 thunder damage per plus
Power (Daily ✦ Thunder): Minor Action.
The next ranged basic attack you make with this weapon before the end of
your turn becomes a burst 1 centered on the target. Use your normal attack bonus for the basic attack, but against Fortitude. Each target hit takes thunder damage equal to the normal damage you would deal with a ranged basic attack with the weapon.
[/sblock]

Mini stat block:
[sblock]Kral Juno
Perception: +6 Insight: +6 Normal Vision
AC 24 Fortitude 19 Reflex 10 Will 18
Hit Points: 77 Bloodied: 38
Temporary Hit Points: x
Healing Surge: 20/21 Surges per day: 12
Encounter Powers: Dragon Breath, Poison; Channel Divinity - Divine Mettle [minor action], Divine strength [minor action]; Armor of Bahamut; Shielding Smite [Level 1]; Arcing Smite [Level 3]; Benign Transpositoin [Level 7];x
Daily Powers: On Pain of Death [Level 1]; Martyr's Blessing [Level 2 Utility][immediate interrupt]; Hallowed Circle [Level 5]; Wrath of the Gods [Level 6 Utility][minor action]; Radiant Pulse [Level 9][/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Terminus doesn't change his tactics, hitting the giant with hellish flames!
[sblock=ooc]

Standard: Hellish rebuke at the giant.
Hellish rebuke (Hit: 1d20+12 Damage: 1d6+7 Curse 1d6)
IC is still down :(

Active: Summons Armor of Agathys

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Terminus
Perception: 16 Insight: 21 Low-light Vision
AC 24 Fortitude 21 Reflex 20 Will 19
Hit Points: 67 / 72 Bloodied: 36
Temporary Hit Points: 12
Healing Surge: 8 Surges per day: 11 / 11
Encounter Powers: Howl of Doom, Fiery Bolt, Diabolic Grasp, Ethereal Stride
Daily Powers: Summons of Khirad, Hunger of Hadar, Armor of Agathys, Shroud of Black Steel
[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads