D&D 5E The Fighter and Arcana

G

Guest 6801328

The only problem with wanting a master chef (or maater any profession) is you'd have to either just give them a higher proficiency score than their CR indicates (unless every chef is a battle chef that has high hit points and can dish out damage as well as fine cuisine) or create an NPC commoner/expert class that has levels allowing them to level up and increase their proficiency that way.

I say go battle chef.
Really this is the same problem the game faces with NPC royalty. It seems unlikely the Queen is level 2, but must every royal be an accomplished warrior/mage/something?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Now you've put a half-orc crafting fighter in my head and I want to make the spear to end all spears.

The crafter works from a pre-existing recipe. So, if you found the recipe for the spear to end all spears, that implies that spears had already been ended previously.... :p

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
The crafter works from a pre-existing recipe. So, if you found the recipe for the spear to end all spears, that implies that spears had already been ended previously.... :p
The matches my general experience about how many spears actually get used in 5E. The spear apocalypse has come and gone, and no one even noticed.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I mean maybe the recipe writer is a theoretical arcanist and it has never been implemented.

I'd say peak to near-peak proficiency, so +4 or +5, plus a moderate stat as a bare minimum. That still leaves higher stats and expertise for the true culinary rock stars. I think that sounds about right for any master craftsman.
Would you require these chefs to actually have double-figure class levels to be considered a master chef?

Remove ads