Str 8 (-1)  Dex 16 (+3)  Con 14 (+2)
Int 10 (+0)  Wis 12 (+1)  Cha 16 (+3)
Alignment Chaotic Neutral
Languages Common, Elven, +1 Language of Choice
Trait  Darkvision 60’;  Fey Ancestry; False Indentity; Awakened Mind

Proficiency (+2)
Tools: Forgery Kit, Disguise Kit
Saving Throws: Wisdom +3, Charisma +5
Skill: Deception +5, Insight +3, Intimidation +5, Nature +2, Perception +3, Sleight of Hand +5

SPELLS
Level 0; Eldritch Blast; Friends
Level 1; Hex, Armor of Agathys

ACTIONS
Dagger +5, 1d4+3 damage
Eldritch Blast +5, 1d10 damage

EQUIPMENT
Light Crossbow w/ 20 bolts, Arcane Focus (Strange Pendant),  Leather Armor, 2 daggers, quarterstaff,
Scholar's Pack, Dungeoneer's pack; Backpack, Water Skin, Tinder Box, Crowbar, Hammer, 10 Pitons, Set of Fine Clothes, Disguise Kit, Book of Lore, Bottle of Ink, Ink Pen, 10 Sheets of Parchment, Bag of Sand, Small Knife, Grappling Hook, 50ft Hemp Rope (Assumption, bought Dungeoneer Pack and Grappling Hook, 1 gp left)

PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Appearance: Alabaster white skin, golden blonde hair, and cornflower blue eyes filled with flecks of gold. Charlotte Moondew enjoys the perfect blend of Elven grace and beauty with the lush voluptuousness of her human parent. With a natural penchant for standing out in a crowd, Shimmer has learnt to hone her social skills to a fine point, traversing the social landscape of both the noble courts and the criminal slums with ease. Her reputation varies from 'Elegant Lady' to 'Sought after Courtesan' or even 'that Wretched Harlot' depending on who you ask.
Background Charlatan [False Identity]
Favourite Scam: I insinuate myself into people’s lives to prey on their weakness and secure their fortunes.
False Identity: Charlotte Moondew, highly sought after Courtesan who has the favour of any given noble at the time. (Signet Ring from Background)
Personality Traits:            Flattery is my preferred trick to getting what I want.;
I pocket anything I see that might have value.
Ideal: Independence. I am a free spirit— no one tells me what to do.
Bond: I fleeced the wrong person and must work to ensure that this individual never crosses paths with me or those I care about.
Flaw: I hate to admit it and will hate myself for it, but I'll run and preserve my own hide if the going gets tough.

BACKSTORY
Ever since she’d put on that pendant she inherited from her grandmother, Shimmer had been getting thoughts and impressions from ‘somewhere’.
The insidious whispers whose meanings as just out of reach leaves Shimmer slightly off balance, as she strains to make sense of the sounds. So close, always so close, but understanding constantly eludes her.
Leaving her comfortable city life as a courtesan, Shimmer takes a journey out into the world thinking the quieter countryside could possibly allow her to focus on the whispers. Maybe she was right or perhaps something is leading her subconscious mind, but Shimmer is realizing she’s not just a simple courtesan anymore.
It wasn’t long before she discovered that she could push her thoughts onto other people….

Notes
*Character should be AL compliant*
*Pendant can come from various sources, it is basically her link to her Great Old One Patron though she has yet to discover it and doubles up as her Arcane Focus.
As a level 1 character, she is just learning that she has powers. The mental intrusions from her Patron and her background makes for a somewhat mentally unbalanced character whose doesn’t hesitate to manipulate others. Also leaves the ever present plot hook for the DM to yank on through her Patron*
[ATT class]/modules/file/icons/application-pdf.pngShimmer Character Sheet 1st.pdf(x)[//ATT]
[ATT class]/modules/file/icons/application-pdf.pngShimmer Character Sheet 2nd Page.pdf(x)[//ATT]

Leugren

First Post
Originally posted by Leugren:

dwarf-barbarian_0.jpg

Vostyg Stragov
4th-level Mountain Dwarf Barbarian [Path of the Berserker]
Medium Male Humanoid
Armor Class 16 (breastplate)
Hit Points 45 (4d12)
Speed 25 ft.
Senses Darkvision 60 ft.
Str 16 (+3) Dex 14 (+2) Con 16 (+3)
Int 8 (-1) Wis 12 (+1) Cha 10 (+0)
Alignment Chaotic Good w/ Chaotic Neutral tendencies
Languages Common, Dwarvish, Giant

TRAITS

Background – Outlander
Oirigin: Trapper
Feature: Wanderer
– You have an excellent memory for maps and geography, and you can always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around you. In addition, you can find food and fresh water for yourself and up to five other people each day, provided that the land offers berries, small game, water, and so forth.​
Proficiency (+2)
Tools: Smith’s Tools, Leatherworker’s Tools
Saving Throws: Strength, Constitution
Weapons: Simple Weapons, Martial Weapons
Armor: Light Armor, Medium Armor, Shields

SKILLS

Athletics +5, Intimidation +2, Perception +3, Survival +3

*+4 on History checks used to determine the origin of stonework

ACTIONS

Melee Attack— Maul: +5 to hit (reach 5 ft.; one creature)
Hit: 2d6+3 bludgeoning damage (2d6+5 if raging)
Melee Attack— Battleaxe: +5 to hit (reach 5 ft.; one creature)
Hit: 1d8+3 slashing damage (1d8+5 if raging; versatile 1d10)
Ranged Attack—Javelin: +5 to hit (range 30/120 ft; one creature).
Hit: 1d6+3 piercing damage (thrown)

EQUIPMENT

breastplate, maul, battleaxe, steel knuckles, 4 javelins, an explorer’s pack, a hunting trap, a bearskin cap, a bearskin cloak, bearskin boots, bearskin gloves, a bearskin tunic, a belt pouch containing 10 gp.

explorer’s pack contents: a backpack, a bedroll, a mess kit, a tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, a waterskin, and 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side.

FEATURES

Darkvision: Accustomed to life underground, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.

Dwarven Resilience: You have advantage on saving throws against poison, and you have resistance against poison damage.

Dwarven Combat Training: You have proficiency with the battleaxe, handaxe, throwing hammer, and warhammer.

Tool Proficiency: You gain proficiency with the artisan’s tools of your choice: smith’s tools, brewers supplies, or mason’s tools.

Stonecunning: Whenever you make an Intelligence (History) check related to the origin of stonework, you are considered proficient in the History skill, and add double your proficiency bonus to the check, instead of your normal proficiency bonus.

Dwarven Armor Training: You have proficiency with light and medium armor.

Unarmored Defense: While you are not wearing any armor, your Armor Class equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Constitution modifier. You can use a shield and still gain this benefit.

Rage: In battle, you fight with primal ferocity. On your turn, you can enter a rage as a bonus action. While raging, you gain the following benefits if you aren’t wearing heavy armor:

• You have advantage on Strength checks and Strength saving throws.
  • When you make a melee weapon attack using Strength, you gain a bonus to the damage roll that increases as you gain levels as a barbarian.
  • You have resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage.

If you are able to cast spells, you can’t cast them or concentrate on them while raging. Your rage lasts for 1 minute. It ends early if you are knocked unconscious or if your turn ends and you haven’t attacked a hostile creature since your last turn or taken damage since your last turn. You can also end your rage on your turn as a bonus action. Once you have raged the number of times shown for your barbarian level, you must finish a long rest before you can rage again.​

Rages: 3
Rage Damage: +2

Reckless Attack: When you make your first attack on your turn, you can decide to attack recklessly. Doing so gives you advantage on melee weapon attack rolls using Strength during this turn, but attack rolls against you have advantage until your next turn.

Danger Sense: You have advantage on Dexterity saving throws against effects that you can see, such as traps and spells. To gain this benefit, you can’t be blinded, deafened, or incapacitated.

Path of the Berserker: For some barbarians, rage is a means to an end--that end being violence. The Path of the Berserker is a path of untrammeled fury, slick with blood. As you enter the berserker’s rage, you thrill in the chaos of battle, heedless of your own health or well-being.

Frenzy: You can go into a frenzy when you rage. If you do so, for the duration of your rage you can make a single melee weapon attack as a bonus action on each of your turns after this one. When your rage ends, you suffer one level of exhaustion (as described in appendix A).​

Feat - Great Weapon Master: You’ve learned to put the weight of a weapon to your advantage, letting its momentum empower your strikes. You gain the following benefits:

• On your turn, when you score a critical hit with a melee weapon or reduce a creature to 0 hit points with one, you can make one melee weapon attack as a bonus action.
  • Before you make a melee attack with a heavy weapon that you are proficient with, you can choose to take a -5 penalty on the attack roll. If the attack hits, you add +10 to the attack’s damage.

PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS

Trait 1: Lewd, crude, brazen, and boisterous, I am a borderline lunatic who is always spoiling for a fight.
Trait 2: I don’t like to bathe.
Ideal: Glory. Immortality is achieved through legends forged on the field of battle. (Neutral)
Bond: Those who fight beside me are those worth dying for.
Flaw 1: I have little respect for established authority; I measure people by their deeds, not their pedigrees.
Flaw 2: Once I start drinking, it’s hard for me to stop.
Appearance: Vostyg appears as a grizzled dwarf with a hulking physique. A narrow fringe of fiery red hair rings the broad expanse of his skull, merging just in front of his ears with a bushy red beard. He has icy blue eyes, and his stony features bear the scars of many battles. A rank odor emanates from his body, drawing clouds of flies and midges. He has a sizeable gap between his two front teeth.

BACKSTORY

Vostyg is a force of nature. Born and bred in the alpine mountains overlooking Rashamen, legends abound of his prowess as a trapper, warrior, and wrastler of bears. He harbors a special hatred for orcs, giants, and giantkin. He enjoys wrastling bears, drinking vodka, splitting skulls, and squat dancing on tavern tables. He journeyed into the west on the trail of a great spirit beast, a man-eating bear the size of a house named Old One-Eye who has managed to elude Vostyg for years.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Originally posted by UltimaXeno:

Image: http://ffxihaven.ffshrine.org/art/char-art/ff11-ca-chainmail.jpg
Name: Xain Kullen
Class-Level: Fighter 5
Background: Soldier
Race: Human (Variant)
Alignment: Neutral Good
Proficiency Bonus: +3
Strength: 18 (+4)
Dexterity: 16 (+3)
Constitution: 17 (+3)
Intelligence: 9 (-1)
Wisdom: 14 (+2)
Charisma: 16 (+3)
Saving Throws: Strength (+7), Constitution (+6)
Skills: Animal Handling (+5), Athletics (+7), Insight (+5), Intimidation (+6), Perception (+5)
Passive Wisdom: 12
AC: 16 (chainmail)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 30 ft.
Hit points: 49
Weapons: Scimitar (ATK Bonus +7) (Damage: 1D6 + 4)
                    Shortsword (ATK Bonus +7) (Damage: 1D6 + 4)
                    Handaxe (ATK Bonus +7) (Damage: 1D6 + 4)
Proficiencies: All weapons and armor, smith's tools, playing cards, Vehicles (land)
Languages: Common, Dwarvish
Feats and Traits: Feat: Heavy Armor Master
                                  2 - Weapon Fighting Style
                                 Second Wind
                                 Action Surge
                                 Student of War
                                 Battle Master Archetype
                                 Superiority dice x4 (D8)
                                Maneuvers: Rally, Menacing attack, Riposte
                                Extra Attack x1
Personality: Kind, brave, protector
Ideals: To help end the chaos that has plagued this world
Bonds: Falcon Necklace, his guildmates
Flaws: Whenever I'm with a group and we face a powerful foe, I'm reminded of "that" day and my fear and anger take over causing me to lose focus sometimes, and it gets worse when I see an ally fall.

Backstory:
Show
[sblock] Xain was raised in a small town by his father, Kruz, who was a member of the local militia. His father taught him how to wield two swords. The town was called Chonail, and it was a simple trading town. Once Xain turned 18, he was able to join the militia and work alongside his father, around that time a large group of bandits had begun to attack merchants who were going and coming from the town. The Militia acted quickly and sent some men to deal with the bandits. It was a small group consisting of 12 members and 2 elites, among the members was Xain and the one leading the group was Kruz. The mission was meant to be a simple one, sneak into the bandit under the cover of night, set some camps on fire and slay the bandits while they panicked. However when they got the bandit camp, before they started to burn the camps, they noticed that none of the bandits were there. One of the elites then noticed a bright light coming from the town and as everyone turned to face the town, they quickly realised that it was on fire. They all rushed back to the town. When they got there, the town was ablaze, there were bodies on the floor, both civilians and militia members. Kruz quickly ordered some of the members to try to put out the fires and the rest to go with him to see if they could find any survivors, Xain went with his father. As they ran through the town trying to find survivors, they heard the sound of swords clashing. They saw that the militia were fighting the bandits and they quickly joined in. During the battle, the militia were being cut down one by one, soon the bandits leader, a half-Orc named Mikolash, appeared and proceeded to kill off the remaining members of the Militia. Kruz seeing no chance of victory, quickly gave the order to have all members retreat and all elites to cover their escape. Xain tried to stay and help his father, but Kruz refused. Kruz then told Xain to wait for him by the giant oak tree that was on the outskirts of the town, near the forest, he promised to join up with him there.. Xain hesitated for a bit, but reluctantly followed the order to retreat. As everyone retreated, Xain kept looking back, hoping to see his dad not far behind, but he didn't see him. After escaping the town, instead of seeing the members who stayed behind to try to put out the fire, what they saw were more bandits and their swords were covered in blood, behind them were the bodies of the other members, everyone quickly drew their blades and fought back. The bandits were highly skilled, killing so many militia members in no time, which caused everyone else to become dispirited, Xain however refused to give up and tried to rally everyone to continue fighting. In the end Xain was the only one to survive the battle, he had multiple cuts on him and was exhausted, but he had to keep the promise he made with his father. Xain stood and walked towards the giant Oak tree, when he got there his sat down next to it and fell asleep. He then woke up to a bright light, it was the sun and it was already high in the sky, Xain looked around him, but didn't see his dad. He looked over at the town, it was no longer on fire, he then got up and began to head towards the town. As Xain walked through the burned town, he saw the bodies of all his friends scattered through the streets. He finally reached the center of town and there he saw Mikolash's body, with his father's sword piercing through his chest, Xain looked around and saw his father lying down not far. Xain rushed over and called out to him, but he didn't respond. He got down on his knees and turned him over, there were multiple stab wounds on him and his left eye had been cut. Xain picked him up, carried him out of the town and spent the day burying his father. That night Xain went back to what was left of his home and slept in his room one last time, before setting out the next day. It's been 1 year since that tragic day, Xain is now a member of a small guild called the Black Falcons, which is lead by a man named Leon.[/sblock] 

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Originally posted by MisterGrey:

///C:/Users/Matthew/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.png
Kasy%20Windrivver.png

Kasier Windrivver
1st-level Rogue, Medium humanoid (human), chaotic good

Armor Class 14 (leather armor)
Hit Points 9 (1d8 + 1)
Speed 30 ft.

STR          DEX         CON
12 (+1)     16 (+3)     13 (+1)
   INT           WIS         CHA
  14 (+2)      8 (-1)     16 (+3)

Saving Throws Dex +5, Int +4
Skills Athletics +2, Deception +7, Persuasion +5, Sleight of Hand +7, Arcana +4, Investigation +4
Senses Passive Perception 9
Languages Common, Dwarvish

Equipment. A rapier, a shortsword, an explorer's pack, leather armor, two daggers, thieve's tools, a set of fine clothes, navigator's tools, potion of healing, a diary written in a strange language (possibly celestial), and a letter that writes "you can come home any time you want".

Feat Lucky: Kasier has inexplicable luck that seems to kick in at just the right moment. You have 3 luck points. Whenever you make an attack roll, an ability check, or a saving throw, you can spend one luck point to roll an additional d20. You can also spend a luck point when an attack roll is made against you. Kasier regains his expended luck points when he finishes a long rest.

Proficiency. (+2) Kasier is proficient with light armor, simple weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, short swords, water vehicles, navigator’s tools, and thieves' tools.

Epertise. Kasier doubles his proficiency bonus for any ability check made that uses Charisma (Deception) and Dexterity (Sleight of Hand).

Sneak Attack. Once per turn, Kasier can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature he hits with an attack if he has advantage on the attack roll. The attack must use a finesse or ranged weapon. He doesn't need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isn't incapacitated, and He doesn't have disadvantage on the attack roll.

ACTIONS
Rapier Reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d8 + 3 piercing damage.
Dagger Reach 5 ft. or range 20 ft./60 ft., one target. Hit: 1d4 +3 piercing damage.
ShortbowRanged Weapon Attack: range 80 ft./320 ft., one target. Hit: 1d6 + 3 piercing damage.

PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Background. Pirate
Feature. Bad reputation
Traits. I’m a born gambler & I won’t pay attention to the risks in a situation. Also, I fall in & out of love easily. Can’t resist a pretty face.
Ideal. Freedom. The sea is freedom – freedom to go anywhere and do anything.
Bond. Someday I’ll own my own ship & chart my own destiny.
Flaw. I once satirized a noble who still wants my head. It was a mistake I’ll likely repeat.
BACK STORY
Kasier Windrivver was born in Mirabar, a mining city located on the northern Sword Coast. The city was occupied by 1600 shield dwarves who lived underground near their workshops, which produced metal goods for export in the region and beyond. The humans above would cooperate with the dwarves to handle the mining, move ore to the market & defend the city against magical threats. Kasier, as a boy, learned the basics of bartending from his mother, Sarah Montresor, who was the owner of The Emerald Nymph inn & tavern. Night after night, he could always listen in on legends of the exciting adventures of pirates. Sometimes the stories were so captivating that, when his mother wasn’t looking, he’d stop his chores altogether to sit with the locals & ask questions, especially when he’d heard rumors about his father, “Danny Windrivver”, & how he had supposedly found a way of traveling to the astral plane of Bytopia and discovered a vast otherworldly treasure.
One night, a rather extroverted fellow, calling himself “Mr. Shanks”, was spellbinding the whole inn with his tales. Thrill & astonishment could be seen in the eyes of almost every living soul huddled up around the man, but it still did not meet the excitement felt by Kasier. Recognizing his kindred spirit & raw determination for adventure, Mr. Shanks invited Kasier to accompany his crew and sail onboard his ship, The Greedy Atlantis, admitting to have known his father, Danny ‘Gunner’ Windwivver, and to being an experienced captain himself. Under Shanks’ tutelage, Kasier’s apt for piracy unfolded, whether it was in martial training or embezzlement, which to him was all just another adventure.
Then, there was a mutiny.
Captain Shanks’ first mate, Mr. Tobias “Dead Man” Edans, was the ringleader of the mutineers. “Dead Man”, now, captain Edans, revealed to Kasier that the original purpose for his recruitment was to use him as leverage to his father, Gunner Windrivver, in an attempt to extract the whereabouts of Gunner's treasure find in the outer plane of Bytopia, but the plan went awry when the captain had begun to go soft & refused to betray the boy.
Mr. Edans was the death of captain Shanks.
Kasier, infuriated, made it his lifelong goal to become the greatest pirate that ever lived, & uncover all the strange mysteries & secrets of the world.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Originally posted by MisterGrey:

Kasy%20Windrivver_0.png

Kasier Windrivver
1st-level Rogue, Medium humanoid (human), chaotic good

Armor Class 14 (leather armor)
Hit Points 9 (1d8 + 1)
Speed 30 ft.

STR          DEX         CON
12 (+1)     16 (+3)     13 (+1)
   INT           WIS         CHA
  14 (+2)      8 (-1)     16 (+3)

Saving Throws Dex +5, Int +4
Skills Athletics +2, Deception +7, Persuasion +5, Sleight of Hand +7, Arcana +4, Investigation +4
Senses Passive Perception 9
Languages Common, Dwarvish

Equipment. A rapier, a shortsword, an explorer's pack, leather armor, two daggers, thieve's tools, a set of fine clothes, navigator’s tools, a potion of healing, a diary written in a strange language (possibly celestial), and a letter that writes "you can come home any time you want".

Feat Lucky: Kasier has inexplicable luck that seems to kick in at just the right moment. He has 3 luck points. Whenever he makes an attack roll, an ability check, or a saving throw, he can spend one luck point to roll an additional d20. He can also spend a luck point when an attack roll is made against him. He regains his expended luck points when he finishes a long rest.

Proficiency. (+2) Kasier is proficient with light armor, simple weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, short swords, and the following tools: Navigator’s tools, Water vehicles, and thieves' tools.

Epertise. Kasier doubles his proficiency bonus for any ability check made that uses Charisma (Deception) and Dexterity (Sleight of Hand).

Sneak Attack. Once per turn, Kasier can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature he hits with an attack if he has advantage on the attack roll. The attack must use a finesse or ranged weapon. He doesn't need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isn't incapacitated, and He doesn't have disadvantage on the attack roll.

ACTIONS
Rapier Reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d8 + 3 piercing damage.
Dagger Reach 5 ft. or range 20 ft./60 ft., one target. Hit: 1d4 +3 piercing damage.
ShortbowRanged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, range 80 ft./320 ft., one target. Hit: 1d6 + 3 piercing damage.

PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Background. Pirate
Feature. Bad reputation
Traits. I’m a born gambler & I won’t pay attention to the risks in a situation. Also, I fall in & out of love easily. Can’t resist a pretty face.
Ideal. Freedom. The sea is freedom – freedom to go anywhere and do anything.
Bond. Someday I’ll own my own ship & chart my own destiny.
Flaw. I once satirized a noble who still wants my head. It was a mistake I’ll likely repeat.
BACK STORY
Kasier Windrivver was born in Mirabar, a mining city located on the northern Sword Coast. The city was occupied by 1600 shield dwarves who lived underground near their workshops, which produced metal goods for export in the region and beyond. The humans above would cooperate with the dwarves to handle the mining, move ore to the market & defend the city against magical threats. Kasier, as a boy, learned the basics of bartending from his mother, Sarah Montresor, who was the owner of The Emerald Nymph inn & tavern. Night after night, he could always listen in on legends of the exciting adventures of pirates. Sometimes the stories were so captivating that, when his mother wasn’t looking, he’d stop his chores altogether to sit with the locals & ask questions, especially when he’d heard rumors about his father, “Danny Windrivver”, who had supposedly found a way of traveling to the astral plane of Bytopia and discovered a vast otherworldly treasure hoard.
One night, a rather extroverted fellow, calling himself “Mr. Shanks”, seemed to be spellbinding the whole inn with his tales. Thrill & astonishment could be seen in the eyes of almost every living soul huddled up around the man, but it still did not meet the excitement felt by Kasier. Recognizing his kindred spirit & raw determination for adventure, Mr. Shanks invited Kasier to accompany his crew and sail onboard his ship, The Greedy Atlantis, admitting to have known his father, Danny ‘Gunner’ Windwivver, and to being an experienced captain himself. Under Shanks’ tutelage, Kasier’s apt for piracy unfolded, whether it was in martial training or embezzlement, which to him was all just another adventure.
Then, there was a mutiny.
Captain Shanks’ first mate, Mr. Tobias “Dead Man” Edans, was ringleader of the mutineers. “Dead Man”, now, captain Edans, revealed to Kasier that the original purpose for his recruitment was to use him as leverage to his father, Gunner Windrivver, in an attempt to extract the whereabouts of a certain hoard of treasure stashed away in the outer plane of Bytopia, but the plan went awry when the captain had begun to go soft & refused to betray the boy.
Mr. Edans was the death of captain Shanks.
Kasier, infuriated, made it his lifelong goal to become the greatest pirate that ever lived, & uncover all the strange mysteries & secrets of the world.

Leugren

First Post
Originally posted by Leugren:

-J8So3sS7wZWGSEYFXtT8I86Z4pWi5Jz6xykPfCueSrwn94i9tiBNPEbejYH_QOb8zDOMaLhZzV1c2ftJcaA_0mVlKu257a9uiPZ4aXnFBpDk-OzgxUrh7ucjl_bxA_Il2fOJaU

Mog’Magore
5th-level Goliath Barbarian [Path of the Totem Warrior]
Medium Male Humanoid
Armor Class 16 (breastplate)
Hit Points 55 (5d12)
Speed 30 ft.
Senses Normal
Str 16 (+3) Dex 14 (+2) Con 16 (+3)
Int 8 (-1) Wis 10 (+0) Cha 10 (+0)
Alignment Lawful Neutral
Languages Common, Giant, Dwarvish

TRAITS

Background – Outlander
Origin: Exile or outcast
Feature: Wanderer
– You have an excellent memory for maps and geography, and you can always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around you. In addition, you can find food and fresh water for yourself and up to five other people each day, provided that the land offers berries, small game, water, and so forth.  
Proficiency (+2)
Tools: Bagpipes
Saving Throws: Strength, Constitution
Weapons: Simple Weapons, Martial Weapons  
Armor: Light Armor, Medium Armor, Shields

SKILLS

Athletics (Strength) +6, Intimidation (Charisma) +3, Perception (Wisdom) +3, Stealth (Dexterity) +5, Survival (Wisdom) +3

ACTIONS

Melee Attack— Halberd: +6 / +6 to hit (reach 5 ft.; one creature)
Hit: 1d10+3 slashing damage (1d10+5 if raging) /1d4+3 bludgeoning damage (1d4+5 if raging) (heavy, two-handed, reach)
Melee Attack— Battleaxe: +6 to hit (reach 5 ft.; one creature)
Hit: 1d8+3 slashiing damage (1d8+5 if raging; versatile 1d10)
Ranged Attack—Javelin: +6 to hit (range 30/120 ft; one creature).
Hit: 1d6+3 piercing damage (thrown)

EQUIPMENT

breastplate, halberd, battleaxe, 4 javelins, an explorer’s pack, a hunting trap, a yeti skin cloak, a cave bear claw amulet, a set of traveler’s clothes, a belt pouch containing 10 gp.

explorer’s pack contents: a backpack, a bedroll, a mess kit, a tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, a waterskin, and 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side.

FEATURES

Natural Athlete:
You have proficiency in the Athletics skill.

Stone’s Endurance:
You can focus yourself to occasionally shrug off injury. When you take damage, you can use your reaction to roll a d12. Add your Constitution modifier to the number rolled, and reduce the damage by that total. After you use this trait, you can’t use it again until you finish a short or long rest.

Powerful Build:
You count as one size larger when determining your carrying capacity and the weight you can push, drag, or lift.  Your carrying capacity is your Strength score multiplied by 30 (16 x 30 = 480 lbs.). You can push, drag or lift a weight in pounds up to twice your carrying capacity (960 lbs.).  While pushing or dragging weight in excess of your carrying capacity, your speed drops to 5 feet.

Mountain Born:
You’re acclimated to high altitude, including elevations above 20,000 feet. You’re also naturally adapted to cold climates, as described in chapter 5 of the Dungeon Master’s Guide.

Extreme Cold: When the temperature is at or below 0 degrees Fahrenheit, a creature exposed to cold must succeed on a DC 10 Constitution saving throw at the end of each hour or gain one level of exhaustion. Creatures with resistance or immunity to cold damage automatically succeed on the saving throw, as do creatures wearing cold weather gear (thick coats, gloves, and the like) and creatures naturally adapted to cold climates.

High Altitude: Traveling at altitudes of 10,000 feet or higher above sea level is taxing for a creature that needs to breathe, because of the reduced amount of oxygen in the air. Each hour such a creature spends traveling at high altitude counts as 2 hours for the purpose of determining how long such a creature can travel. Breathing creatures can become acclimated to a high altitude by spending 30 days or more at this elevation. Breathing creatures can’t become acclimated to elevations above 20,000 feet unless they are native to such environments.

Unarmored Defense: While you are not wearing any armor, your Armor Class equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Constitution modifier. You can use a shield and still gain this benefit.

Rage: In battle, you fight with primal ferocity. On your turn, you can enter a rage as a bonus action.  While raging, you gain the following benefits if you aren’t wearing heavy armor:

• You have advantage on Strength checks and Strength saving throws.
  • When you make a melee weapon attack using Strength, you gain a bonus to the damage roll that increases as you gain levels as a barbarian.
  • You have resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage.

If you are able to cast spells, you can’t cast them or concentrate on them while raging. Your rage lasts for 1 minute. It ends early if you are knocked unconscious or if your turn ends and you haven’t attacked a hostile creature since your last turn or taken damage since your last turn.  You can also end your rage on your turn as a bonus action.  Once you have raged the number of times shown for your barbarian level, you must finish a long rest before you can rage again.

Rages: 3
Rage Damage: +2

Reckless Attack: When you make your first attack on your turn, you can decide to attack recklessly.  Doing so gives you advantage on melee weapon attack rolls using Strength during this turn, but attack rolls against you have advantage until your next turn.

Danger Sense: You have advantage on Dexterity saving throws against effects that you can see, such as traps and spells.  To gain this benefit, you can’t be blinded, deafened, or incapacitated.

Path of the Totem Warrior:  The Path of the Totem Warrior is a spiritual journey, as the barbarian accepts a spirit animal as a guide, protector, and inspiration. In battle, your totem spirit fills you with supernatural might, adding magical fuel to your barbarian rage. Most barbarian tribes consider a totem animal to be kin to a particular clan. In such cases, it is unusual for an individual to have more than one totem animal spirit, though exceptions exist.  

Spirit Seeker: Yours is the path that seeks attunement with the natural world, giving you kinship with beasts. You gain the ability to cast the beast sense and speak with animals spells, but only as rituals.

Totem Spirit - Cave Bear: While raging, you have resistance to all damage except psychic damage. The spirit of the bear makes you tough enough to stand up to any punishment.

Extra Attack: You can attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn.

Fast Movement: Your speed increases by 10 feet while you aren’t wearing heavy armor.

Feat - Polearm Master: You gain the following benefits:

• When you take the Attack action and attack with only a glaive, halberd, or quarterstaff, you can use a bonus action to make a melee attack with the opposite end of the weapon. This attack uses the same ability modifier as the primary attack. The weapon’s damage die for this attack is a d4, and it deals bludgeoning damage.
  • While you are wielding a glaive, halberd, pike, or quarterstaff, other creatures provoke an opportunity attack from you when they enter the reach you have with the weapon.

PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS

Trait 1: I place no stock in wealthy or well-mannered folk. Money and manners won’t save you from a hungry yeti.
Trait 2: My recklessness once cost the lives of the people who depended on me; as a result, I prefer to think before I act.
Ideal: Honor. If I dishonor myself, I dishonor my whole clan. (Neutral)
Bond: I seek redemption in the eyes of my ancestors so that the spirits of the children who died by my negligence can finally be laid to rest.
Flaw: I have a bit of a deathwish.
Appearance: Mog’Magore is a young goliath of prodigious size with a hulking physique. He stands over 8 feet tall, and weighs 493 pounds.

BACKSTORY

Show
[sblock]Mog'Magore was born into a clan of goliaths who dwelled among the loftiest peaks of the Spine of the World Mountains.  His father, Taebor, was chief of the Stormhammers, ruling the clan with an iron fist from his seat of power within the great hall of Skyreach.

When Mog'Magore reached his fifteenth name day, his father invited him to join the warriors of the clan on a mammoth hunt.  They were tracking a great herd through a mountain pass when they came across a pair of yetis picking over the bones of a long-dead rhemoraz.  A ferocious battle ensued in which several of the Stormhammer warriors were brutally slain before the yetis could be overcome.  Though it was Mog'Magore’s first true test in battle, the spirits of the ancestors were with him that day, enabling him to deal the killing blow to the last of the yetis just as it was about to gore his father.  In recognition of his son’s bravery, Taebor allowed him to claim one of the yeti pelts as his own that it might be fashioned into a cloak upon his return to Skyreach.  

As the Stormhammer warriors gathered themselves up, a withered crone appeared in a swirl of snow atop a high promontory overlooking the pass. Trembling with rage, she pointed an accusatory finger at the flayed corpses of the yetis, proclaiming that the Stormhammers had slaughtered her children, and that a similar fate would be visited upon their own.  As suddenly as she had appeared, the hag was gone, with another swirl of snow as the only sign that she had ever been there.

The Stormhammers returned to Skyreach several nights later only to be greeted by a chorus of wails. When Taebor demanded to know what had happened, one of the tenders stepped forth to inform him that an old hag had appeared within the great hall and spirited away all of the children of the Stormhammer clan. Uncertain of what to do, Taebor sought the council of the clan wiseman, an aging goliath named Shadrak the Wyrd.  The old man drew forth a set of rune-carved bones from the leather satchel at his side and cast them down upon the snow.  Through his arts, Shadrak discerned that the ancient crone was an ice hag, and that she had spirited the children back to her lair, a magical grotto situated deep beneath the surface of a mountain lake within the lee of a natural archway formed by two icy spires.

Taebor wasted no time in gathering his warriors and heading out towards the hag’s lair.  When they arrived by the shore of the lake, they saw that it was frozen. Taebor ordered the Stormhammers to set upon the ice with their picks and axes.  They soon carved out a hole broad enough for a goliath to fit through.  Taebor began to strip off his furs in preparation for the descent, but Mog'Magore stepped forth and spoke to him.  He argued that Taebor was far too important to undertake such a dangerous mission, and offered to go in his stead.  After a moment’s consideration, Taebor nodded his assent.

Promising success, Mog'Magore plunged into the frozen depths, swimming furiously to reach the bottom of the lake.  Just when he thought that his lungs would burst, he spied a faint blue luminescence emanating from the rocks somewhere off to his left. With a final effort, he swam towards the light, bursting through a magical barrier to spill onto the floor of an icy grotto.  

He was amazed to discover that he could breathe again.  Looking back towards the entrance, he noticed that a faintly shimmering field of force was holding back the lake water and preventing it from flooding the cavern in which he stood. He picked himself up and drew his axe, venturing deeper into the grotto and dreaming of the glory he would attain upon slaying the ice hag and rescuing the captives.  He did not have to travel far before he came upon the children of the Stormhammer tribe, huddled together in a wretched mass and bound in place with bands of ice.

Mog'Magore raised his axe and began to hack through the children’s bindings.  The din soon drew the attention of the hag, who emerged from her chamber and launched herself at Mog'Magore.  She was much stronger than she looked, and the goliath warrior found himself sorely pressed. Calling upon his ancestors, he swung his axe in a broad arc, cleaving the ice hag’s head from her shoulders.

At the moment of her death, a great roar shook the cavern, for with the hag’s passing, the magical barrier which held back the flood was unraveled, and the whole of the lake came pouring in.  Mog'Magore was savagely buffeted as the mighty torrent slammed him up against the walls and then drew him back out through the entrance to the cave. Barely conscious, he managed the long swim back up to the surface, where several strong pairs of hands drew him out of the water and onto the icy bank.   

The first thing he beheld when he opened his eyes was his father’s stern visage, his features fixed in a scowl of stony reproach.  Mog'Magore experienced a brief moment of confusion, but understanding quickly dawned on him as he remembered the fate of the drowned children.  Shamed to the core of his being, he explained what had happened and pleaded with his father for a quick death. Taebor silenced him with a gesture, proclaiming that a quick death would be a mercy to one who had failed the clan so egregiously  Instead, the chief declared that Mog'Magore would be sent forth into the great white waste with naught but his cloak and hunting knife, and that his name would never again be spoken aloud by the members of the Stormhammer clan on pain of death.

With the sentence passed, Mog'Magore set out from Skyreach for the final time. Sapped of his will to live, he wandered through the mountains for weeks, finally collapsing near a stand of ancient spruces.  As he lay there longing for death’s cold embrace, a swarm of white finches descended from the boughs of the trees above and set upon him with their tiny beaks, viciously pecking at his exposed flesh. As he flailed and swatted at the little fiends, they spoke directly into his mind:

“We are the spirits of the children who died by your negligence at the Lake of Broken Dreams.  Because we cannot rest, you will not be allowed to rest either--not until you have achieved redemption in the eyes of our ancestors. Gather yourself up and leave this place, for you will not find your doom here.”

Though he believed himself beyond redemption, Mog'Magore did as he was bid, if only to avoid further punishment from his tiny tormentors.  The spirits of the children have followed him ever since, alighting upon his shoulders and wheeling about his head, exhorting him unceasingly to achieve redemption by performing valorous deeds.  His wanderings eventually brought him beyond the mountains to the lands of the lesser folk, where he took up work as a caravan guard and monster hunter.
[/sblock] 
oKHLUkaRjTpuztEYaoIa1XiaA6RktTBc8UPhXUt9HHf7AraSLbp_pMsk4p-IhZ5n00Maru6U7dFtK5ZlP90ud_JcvTf_hUdh90TaXZJm9XL40xHijfgX7TNBp9t2Cak4YRyYB7U

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Originally posted by Knight_Marshal:

"Raven"
1st-level Human Rogue
Medium Female Human
Armor Class 14 (leather)
Hit Points 10 (1d8)
Speed 30 ft.
Stats     15 14 13 12 10 8   Racial Bonus DEX 1 WIS 1
Str 10 (+0)  Dex 16 (+3)  Con 14 (+2)
Int 12 (+1)  Wis 14 (+2)  Cha 8 (-1)
Alignment Chaotic Good
Languages Common, Elven
Trait  Bonus Feat

Proficiency (+2)
Tools: Thieve's tools +5, Pan Flute
Saving Throws: Dexterity +5, Intelligence +3
Skill: Acrobatics +5, Arcana +5, Investigation +5, Perception +4, Sleight of Hand +5, Stealth +5, Survival +4

ACTIONS

Rapier +5, 1d8+3 damage
Hand Crossbow +5, 1d6+3

EQUIPMENT
Shortbow w/ 20 arrows,  Leather Armor, 2 daggers, Rapier, Belt Pouch with 10 gold coins, Thieve's Tools
Burgular's pack; Backpack, Water Skin, Tinder Box, Crowbar, Hammer, 10 Pitons, Set of Common Clothes, Map of Waterdeep, Bag of 1000 Ball Bearings, 10' of String, Bell, 5 Candles, Hooded Lantern, 2 Oil Flasks , Small Knife, 50ft Hemp Rope, 5 days Rations, Token from her family (necklace).

PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Appearance: Raven stands at around 5' 7" tall and weights roughly 130 pounds. She is 19 years old and shows that she is well fit and coordinated by the way she moves. She keeps her namesake black hair rather long, but well taken care of. If given the chance she will dress rather well to further distance herself from her childhood of poverty.
Background Urchin
Personality Traits: I think anyone who is nice to me is hiding evil intent.
   I bluntly say what other people are hinting at or hiding.
   I sleep with my back to a hard surface, with all that I own embraced tightly in my arms.
Ideal: I'm going to prove that I am worthy of a better life.
Bond: No one else should have endure the hardships I've been through.
Flaw: I would rather kill someone in their sleep than fight fair.

BACKSTORY
"Raven" the name she goes by as she doesn't know her real name, grew up on the streets of Waterdeep. She does not know who her parents are, but she has a necklace given to her by a woman who ran the orphanage Raven grew up in. Raven did not like the other kids in the orphange and ran away when she was 9. She learned to do what she had to in order to survive including stealth in order to eat. She learned to survive alone or in small groups of other urchins until she came to the attention of a Half Elf woman who later turned out to be an agent of the Harpers.

She recognized potential in the young "Raven", so named as her hair is as black as a raven's feathers. She took Raven under her wing, so to speak, and raised her to be an agent of the Harpers like herself. Raven learned to be a hunter of undead, demons, devils and other forms of evil and learned to use her mind to see clues that others would miss and studied magical lore and theory as most of the beings that cause problems use magics of some sort. Now at the age of 19, she has left her mentor and friend and headed out into the world to find fame and fortune.

Leugren

First Post
jack_large_02.png

Kalrys Darcambian (the Half-Penny Prince)

5th-level Half-Elf Rogue 5 [Assassin]
Medium Male Humanoid
Armor Class 15 (studded leather)
Hit Points 38 (5d8)
Speed 30 ft.
Senses Darkvision 60 ft.
Str 10 (+0) Dex 16 (+3) Con 14 (+2)
Int 10 (+0) Wis 10 (+0) Cha 16 (+2)
Alignment Chaotic Good w/ Chaotic Neutral tendencies
Languages Common, Elvish, Goblin
Initiative: +8

TRAITS
Background – Urchin
Feature: City Secrets – You know the secret patterns and flow to cities and can find passages through the urban sprawl that others would miss. When you are not in combat, you (and companions you lead) can travel between any two locations in the city twice as fast as your speed would normally allow.​
Proficiency (+3)
Tools: Thieves’ Tools, Disguise Kit, Forgery Kit, Poisoner’s Kit, Viol
Saving Throws: Dexterity, Intelligence
Weapons: Simple Weapons, Hand Crossbows, Longswords, Rapiers, Shortswords.
Armor: Light Armor.​

SKILLS
Acrobatics +6, Athletics +3, Deception +6, Perception +6 (expertise), Performance +6, Persuasion +6, Sleight of Hand +6, Stealth +9 (expertise)

ACTIONS
Melee Attack — Rapier: +6 to hit (reach 5 ft.; one creature)
Hit: 1d8+3 piercing damage (finesse)
Ranged Attack Dagger: +6 to hit (range 20/60 ft; one creature)
Hit: 1d4+3 piercing damage (finesse, light, thrown)
Ranged Attack — Shortbow: +6 to hit (range 80/320 ft; one creature)
Hit: 1d6+3 piercing damage (ammunition, two-handed)

EQUIPMENT
studded leather armor, a rapier, a shortbow, a bandolier w/ 10 daggers, a quiver with 40 arrows, goggles of night, a viol, an explorer’s pack*, a disguise kit, thieves’ tools, a poisoner’s kit, caltrops (2 bags of 20), a grappling hook, a mummer’s outfit, a cap n’ bells (imbued with a minor enchantment which allows Kalrys to silence the bells at will), a belt pouch containing 15 gp.

explorer’s pack: a backpack, a bedroll, a mess kit, a tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, a waterskin, 50 feet of hempen rope.

SPECIAL ABILITIES

Darkvision: Thanks to your elf blood, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.

Fey Ancestry: You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can’t put you to sleep.

Skill Versatility: You gain proficiency in two skills of your choice.

Expertise (Perception, Stealth): Choose two of your skill proficiencies, or one of your skill proficiencies and your proficiency with thieves’ tools. Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you makee that uses either of the chosen proficiencies.

Sneak Attack (3d6): You know how to strike subtly and exploit a foe’s distraction. Once per turn, you can deal an extra 3d6 damage to one creature you hit with an attack if you have advantage on the attack roll. The attack must use a finesse or a ranged weapon. You don’t need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isn’t incapacitated, and you don’t have disadvantage on the attack roll. The amount of extra damage increases as you gain levels in this class, as shown in the Sneak Attack column of the Rogue table.

Thieves’ Cant: During your rogue training, you learned thieves’ cant, a secret mix of dialect, jargon, and code that allows you to hide messages in seemingly normal conversation. Only another creature that knows thieves’ cant understands such messages. It takes four times longer to convey such a message than it does to speak the same idea plainly. In addition, you understand a secret set of signs and symbols used to convey short, simple messages, such as whether an area is dangerous or the territory of a thieves’ guild, whether loot is nearby, or whether the people in an area are easy marks or will provide a safe house for thieves on the run.

Cunning Action: Your quick thinking and agility allow you to move and act quickly. You can take a bonus action on each of your turns in combat. This action can only be used to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action.

Bonus Proficiencies: You gain proficiency with the disguise kit and the poisoner’s kit.

Assassinate: You are at your deadliest when you get the drop on your enemies. You have advantage on attack rolls against any creature that hasn’t taken a turn in combat yet. In addition, any hit you score against a creature that is surprised is a critical hit.

Feat - Alert: Always on the lookout for danger, you gain the following benefits:

• You gain a +5 bonus to initiative.
  • You can’t be surprised while you are conscious.
  • Other creatures don’t gain advantage on their attack rolls against you as a result of being hidden from you.

Uncanny Dodge: When an attacker that you can see hits you with an attack, you can use your reaction to halve the attack’s damage against you.

PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS

Trait 1: “I am a born gambler who can’t resist taking a risk for a potential payoff”
Trait 2: “Sarcasm and insults are my weapons of choice”
Ideal: “I am a free spirit--no one tells me what to do. (Chaotic)”
Bond: “I fleeced the wrong person and must work to ensure that this individual never crosses paths with me or those that I care about.”
Flaw: “I can’t resist swindling people who are more powerful than me.”
Appearance: I am whipcord thin, with knife-blade features and a cruel, impish grin. I have pale, freckled skin, and dark brown eyes. I wear my crimson hair in a loose mass that spills down to the center of my back. People who have heard of the Half-Penny Prince recognize me by my black and white striped shirt and my distinctive leather cap ‘n bells. I am 5’ 6” tall and weigh 112 pounds.

BACKSTORY

[sblock]
Kalrys grew up as a petty street hustler in Waterdeep’s Dock Ward. For several years, he ran with a group of guttersnipes calling themselves the Bonny Bludgers, eventually emerging as their leader and earning a name for himself as the Half-Penny Prince. The Bonny Bludgers operated out of an abandoned theatre in the South Ward. Under Kalrys’s leadership, the Bludgers prospered. Their favorite gambit involved drawing in an audience by having Kalrys play his viol on the street while his light-fingered associates worked their way through the crowd pinching whatever valuables they could.

As he grew older, Kalrys began to take on increasingly more dangerous jobs. During one such venture, he stole into the workshop of an evil tiefling wizard named Yakovel in search of a valuable grimoire. As he sifted through the wizard’s belongings, his attention was drawn to a brass birdcage hanging in a darkened corner of the room. Trapped within the cage was a tiny silver-haired woman with elfin features clad in long, flowing robes of the purest white samite. As he peered into the cage, the woman projected her voice into his mind. She identified herself as Glynis, the Lady of the Northern Lights, and she pleaded with him to set her free.

Sensing that this was a being of incredible power, Kalrys agreed to release her. When he flipped open the latch to the cage, the tiny woman flew out, swelling to near-human proportions as soon as she moved beyond the cage’s confines. She said nothing, but merely drifted closer and pressed her lips to Kalrys’s brow. As he stood in dumbstruck silence, the Lady of the Northern Lights dissolved into a cloud of white mist and faded from view.

When Kalrys awoke the next day, he thought that he had dreamed the whole affair. Gazing at his reflection in a puddle, however, he spotted the imprint of two white lips upon his brow. When he pointed these markings out to his associates, they all claimed that they couldn’t see a thing.

Unfortunately for Kalrys, the archmage Yakovel was so thoroughly incensed at the loss of his prize captive that he decided to place a 5,000 gold piece bounty on Kalrys’s head. Crumden Craw was a renowned dockyard bully and leader of the notorious Cutjack gang. For several months, Craw had been consolidating his base of power within Waterdeep’s Dock Ward, systematically exterminating or co-opting many of the smaller and weaker gangs who operated in the area. Craw decided to take up Yakovel’s contract, using it as an excuse to move against the Bonny Bludgers. When the raid came, it took Kalrys and his crewmates completely by surprise. Kalrys barely managed to escape through a bolt-hole, making his way out of Waterdeep through the maze of sewers which ran beneath the city. The rest of his cohorts were either killed or pressed into service by the Cutjack thugs. Kalrys made a vow that he would one day return to Waterdeep to make Yakovel, Crumden Craw, and all of the Cutjacks pay for ever having crossed him.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads