The Funeral (Stonegood judging) [finished]

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Raven drew her longsword in post 28. However, I don't want to roll back any action. If not having her sword drawn helped her bluff, that's fine. It's not much different than if she'd simply tumbled past an AoO. For round 2, Raven will continue running towards the chapel. It appears she can move 30 feet (with a double move) and not provoke any more AoOs. She will draw her sword as she moves, as a free action since her BAB is +1, if she doesn't have it out already.

Someone

Adventurer
Manzanita said:
OOC: Raven drew her longsword in post 28.

ooc: You're right, my fault. I remembered something along the lins of having your hand in your sword. As you point out, it's largely inconsequential, so this time I won't edit the post.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Hmm, I would have thought Siobhan would have made it a bit further south with a double move. Ah well, no matter)

*Not surprised at this turn of events, Siobhan decides to take what the spirits have given her. Focusing on the Cannith heraldry on the assailant's clothing, she pretends that the face is Elaydren's as she moves in an effort to help set up Latharion for a flank and then attacks.*

*Meanwhile, Stulgar takes a withdraw double-move action, which limits him to only one possible attack (side note--I had wanted him to be one more down and one more left, but I don't think that will make a difference in the end, and the baddies could have done the same surrounding down there). Then he continues his crazy antics of moving at high speed (50' double move = 100') while jumping over the heads of people in the crowd and obstacles (+12 to Jump and a DC 20 Jump check to get to the squares above them) in order to make gains on Ceshil, who will be slowed down by his lack of bunny mode.*

Someone

Adventurer
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Hmm, I would have thought Siobhan would have made it a bit further south with a double move. Ah well, no matter)

ooc: She actually could. Somehow I thought it was more in line with your post to stop where she was, drawing the readied action (re-reading your post I realize may be not). I'm a bit thick headed, so if you can be as precise as possible with your actions, specially if position and movement is important.

(I'll pick up as judge, but you'll need to give me a bit to read over thread.)

You're hired!

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I figured that if she moved even more, she would draw both the readied action *and* the AoO--see post 55. No worries though, since they missed Stulgar anyway)

DrZombie

First Post
Latharion faces his opponent. He dances around him, feinting and slashing with his sword.
(Taking a 5' step if needed to flank the opponent if possible, then attack)

inky

First Post
Niccolo - male human swashbuckler

Niccolo is not really interested in killing these guys unless absolutely necessary, so he just keeps running.

OOC: It seems like if I withdraw I can avoid AoOs from these guys; if not, that's life. I'm still interested in trying to swing over, but it looks like I'll have to get beyond where Stulgar is now to be in range, so for now I'll just be running in the right direction.

OOC: Incidentally, for folks who can't see the .swf file that the DM's attaching -- on my (winxp) box the file association isn't set up by default, but if I right-click and force it to open in IE, it works fine.

Someone

Adventurer
Something’s happening ahead. Stulgar bounces over the two men that tried to intercept him and continues, so fast that now he’s in the market. Then he hears Ceshil’s voice behind, shouting:

”Thief! Thief! Catch the thief!”

And suddendy Stulgar slips on the floor, spinning his arms (and battleaxe) trying to not lose his balance. The ones that tried to box him jump on the safety edge and run twards him, closing dangerously: however one of them suddenly slips and has to drop his dagger to catch the handrail. The others shout their way through the crowd.

The rest of your party divide, with Siobhan trying to reach Latharion’s position and fighting one of them. She’s not as experienced as his opponent, who knocks her scimitar aside and evades her clumsy guard with her shield, wounding her in the leg. The sudden pain makes Siobhan close her eyes, and the Cannith uses that opportunity to bash he once more with the sword’s pommel and jumps over her with the dagger, slashing her writs this time. Latharion tries to move to help her, but he has to block a swing from his own opponent which leaves the Cannith wide open. Latharion can’t miss that opportunity and thrusts with the scimitar, dropping him. Just in time, as other Cannith runs towards him. Latharion barely dodges the swing and the Cannith crashes into him, again locking the elf in deadly combat.

[Crunch details:

Initiative list:

Ceshil 21
Armed men 18
Orerreth 14
Raven 14
Siobhan 13
Stulgar 9
Niccolo 5
Latharion 4

Raven retreats while drawing her sword

Siobhan moves 5 feet and attacks. You specified the she “moved to help Latharion flank” but that would imply drawing at least one AoO (since you also wanted to attack). I don’t believe you wanted to provoke one, so I limited Siobhan’s move to a 5 foot step. Her attack fails.

Stulgar withdraws and continues his run, bouncing over the crowd’s heads without problem.

Niccolo too withdraws.

Latharion drops another opponent with a good scimitar strike.

Round 3

Ceshil moves and makes a successful Bluff check. Some well intentioned wizard in the crowd decides to help the forces of the law and casts Grease under Stulgar. Make a Reflex save, DC 14, with a –2 ad-hoc penalty (following the spell’s description) since he’s running and jumping, or he’ll start his next round prone and out of the Grease patch (carried by his own momentum)

The two Canniths that were fighting with Stulgar jump over the hand rail and run (double move) over the safety border. Unimpeded by the crowd one of them move quickly, the other has to stop suddenly and grab the handrail.

The rest of the soldiers on the vanguard successfully Intimidate their way through the crowd.

Back, the two Canniths left attack. One strikes Siobhan hard with both sword and dagger (13 damage), the other one charges Latharion and fails.

Orerreth stops, undecided on what to do now that Siobhan looks to be in danger (you can suggest something)

As a reminder, you can make your own rolls, attack or otherwise, if you like.]

Attachments

• SW fight.jpg
    SW fight.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 84
  • Skyway.zip
    124 KB · Views: 87

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: IC appears to be down so I can't roll Stulgar)

*Stulgar is too in the zone to respond verbally to Ceshil's lies (OOC: action for Stulgar delayed until IC stops breaking and tells me if he is up or down), but Siobhan can hear the shouting easily from her location and retorts:*

"Liar!" she gestures at the Cannither, Everyone can see that you're assaulting people on the streets with thugs back here."

(OOC: Siobhan will delay for Latharion's turn and then take the following action--she 5-foot-steps diagonal southeast while nudging for Latharion to move east, establishing a flank, then she waits for Latharion's attack (which hopefully drops the guy they're flanking!). If it does, she casts CLW on herself. If Latharion hits and the guy is clinging to life with a few HP, she thwacks him too. If neither is the case, she goes total defense--casting on the defensive is too risky for her only CLW)

Remove ads