The Future of Paramount+

Secret Invasion not doing it for you? I haven't seen any of it yet myself, but...
It's good enough to watch if you have a sub, but not good enough to take out a sub in order to watch.

Disney+ in the UK does have some good Hulu stuff that is worth the price of the sub though. We have enjoyed Alaskan Daily, Will Trent, Only Murders in the Building, Stump Town, Mysterious Benedict Society. Of course these things tend to get cancelled as the MCU and Star Wars drain them of all oxygen, but they are good while they last.

Last edited:

It's good enough to watch if you have a sub, but not good enough to take out a sub in order to watch.

Disney+ in the UK does have some good Hulu stuff that is worth the price of the sub though. We have enjoyed Alaskan Daily, Will Trent, Only Murders in the Building, Stump Town, Mysterious Benedict Society. Of course these things tend to get cancelled as the MCU and Star Wars drain them of all oxygen, but they are good while they last.
Yeah I enjoyed Will Trent (though I wish the production values stayed as high as the pilot, which had absolutely killer lighting and cinematography for a cop show, on top of the nice characters and costuming/sets) and Only Murders a lot, and The Bear was amazing. I see The Bear S2 is coming in a month, but I'll wait until they have the whole thing. If they didn't have the weird 1 month to 1 year delay from Hulu US I think it would help them out, honestly - I keep seeing US friends talk about a cool show on Hulu, and I think "Aha, Disney+!", but then I open Disney+ up and it's not actually on, even though it eventually will be. Abbot Elementary was so delayed (about an entire year) I was genuinely confused as to what people were talking about - and it's not like it was on some other UK channel - it was just Disney delaying it for whatever bizarre reason.
Secret Invasion not doing it for you? I haven't seen any of it yet myself, but...
I haven't tried it yet - I probably should with the last few days on my contract, but I despite the presence of National Treasure (TM) Oliva Colman and Legend of Screen and Stage (C)(r) Samuel L. Jackson I find myself quite skeptical of it, particularly with the "secret evil shapeshifting reptilians are running the world" angle (uh-oh) and the fact that they were suggesting it would be a super-serious spy thing in interviews, but all the trailers were giant explosions and shouting and loud vehicle chases and so on. Now, don't get me wrong - I like Mission Impossible and so on, which leans that way (albeit without the sailing perilously close to the anti-Semitic wind conceit!), but no-one is pretending that's super-serious spy stuff. I guess I'll find out - reviews seem to have been pretty lukewarm.

Reminds me though I need to get Apple TV back so I can watch S2 of Slow Horses!

Last edited:

particularly with the "secret evil shapeshifting reptilians are running the world" angle (uh-oh)
I'm pretty sure that will turn out to be a fake, and that a third party is trying to provoke a war between humans and skrulls.

You don't get British National Treasures(TM) on American TV shows unless they are playing someone seriously evil.

I'm pretty sure that will turn out to be a fake, and that a third party is trying to provoke a war between humans and skrulls.

You don't get British National Treasures(TM) on American TV shoes unless they are playing someone seriously evil.
You may have a point there. Olivia Colman can do a particular kind of evil very well too (or the most determined and good-hearted of goodies of course, c.f. The Night Manager, lady has range).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases