The Future of Paramount+

Ryujin

Legend
No, I no longer subscribe to cravetv, I just my Bell login.
I'm going to have to look into this. I have a Rogers VIP cable package and don't want to get hit with an extra charge. Crave is a Bell property so what works for you, may not work for me.

EDIT - Crave is not part of my cable package. I just verified.

The industry is still very, very young.
Yes, and very very dumb so far. It doesn't help that most of the major decision-makers are thinking in very 20th-century ways. I imagine it'll get disrupted in some significant way within a decade by yet another different model of content aggregation or delivery for TV/movies, because the current "try to recreate a nightmare mode version of cable TV" direction is not going to be something customers are keen on, and younger customers (even people my age) do not "need" TV like we did 20 years ago. If I stopped all my streaming services and just listened to podcasts, watched Youtube, played videogames and TTRPGs and so on, I think I'd probably be okay. If they really try and modify service so I essentially "have to" pay a lot of subscriptions year-round to watch what I want, I know I'll be finding out, and I suspect someone who is 30 now wouldn't even blink at doing that.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Yes, and very very dumb so far. It doesn't help that most of the major decision-makers are thinking in very 20th-century ways. I imagine it'll get disrupted in some significant way within a decade by yet another different model of content aggregation or delivery for TV/movies, because the current "try to recreate a nightmare mode version of cable TV" direction is not going to be something customers are keen on, and younger customers (even people my age) do not "need" TV like we did 20 years ago. If I stopped all my streaming services and just listened to podcasts, watched Youtube, played videogames and TTRPGs and so on, I think I'd probably be okay. If they really try and modify service so I essentially "have to" pay a lot of subscriptions year-round to watch what I want, I know I'll be finding out, and I suspect someone who is 30 now wouldn't even blink at doing that.
Now that Barry is wrapped, we're canceling HBO Max this weekend and will restart it when and if there's anything compelling. Disney+ basically escapes by the skin of its teeth each month from the same fate.

Disney+ basically escapes by the skin of its teeth each month from the same fate.
Yes it's been quite good at that but I am not sure it will make it out of this month alive as it were. Secret Invasion looks massively "meh" (not really keen to see Marvel ineptly do a genre so many people have done brilliantly), and Ahsoka isn't until August, and I'm not seeing anything terribly exciting in the Hulu section that I haven't seen, plus they pulled some shows I did like (Jeff Goldblum for example).

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Yes it's been quite good at that but I am not sure it will make it out of this month alive as it were. Secret Invasion looks massively "meh" (not really keen to see Marvel ineptly do a genre so many people have done brilliantly), and Ahsoka isn't until August, and I'm not seeing anything terribly exciting in the Hulu section that I haven't seen, plus they pulled some shows I did like (Jeff Goldblum for example).
Ironically, we'll probably shift our HBO dollars into Hulu for the summer, because there's a bunch of shows we've never seen before (Only Murders in the Building) and the Justified revival. If they put it into Disney+ in the US already, that would definitely keep us subscribing to D+ for a few more months.

Ryujin

Legend
Ironically, we'll probably shift our HBO dollars into Hulu for the summer, because there's a bunch of shows we've never seen before (Only Murders in the Building) and the Justified revival. If they put it into Disney+ in the US already, that would definitely keep us subscribing to D+ for a few more months.
I'm on the final season of "Justified" on Disney+, in Canada. It's also on Prime here.

Remove ads